romaine lettuce and raw cabbage..:(
  • lnichola1
    lnichola1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    1/2 c. brown rice
    8 oz. Bolthouse Farms Green Goodness
    8 oz. nonfat vanilla yogurt
    20 oz. water

It was Monday and I didn't have time to pack the "right stuff". Fortunately I keep enough healthy stuff at our house that when I'm in a hurry and didn't have time to make something more suitable, I have things to fill me that don't make me stray too much from my program. Adding a protein shake made with Amplified Whey Protein Powder (chocolate flavor from GNC) as a mid morning and mid-afternoon snack will help me on the protein goals for the day since there wasn't as much as I would usually have with my mid-day meal.
  • 78carriejohanna
    78carriejohanna Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    turkey sandwich plain on whole wheat bread (2 slices). carrots and cherry tomatoes with a little season salt, 5.3 oz greek yogert- blueberry-dannon light and fit-2x protein. I have a kudos bar for later on today at work. also a caffine free diet pepsi.
  • iRun_Butterfly
    iRun_Butterfly Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Lentil soup, mix spring greens salad with some shredded cheddar and chipotle ranch dressing, and two hershey's kisses for a treat.
  • schonkreuz
    schonkreuz Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    steamed rice with boiled chicken and vegetable dumplings. Yum!
  • marko320
    marko320 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Can of light/low sodium soup and a Top Chef Healthy Choice TV dinner. Washed it down with 4 glasses of water.
  • RenewedRunner
    RenewedRunner Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Chicken Tikka Masala
  • capricorn144
    capricorn144 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    3 toasted Mission Yellow Corn tortillas (6") cut into triangles
    1/2 cup of homemade Salsa
    1/2 cup of homemade Hummus. (with Lemon, parsley and garlic)

Fresh veggie juice.
  • RockinTerri
    RockinTerri Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Sadly, I flew out the door this AM with everything in hand, except my lunch. So I walked to Subway, got myself an oven roasted chicken salad, with a bit of mozzarella and sweet onion sauce. Lots of spinach and green peppers, and some red onion and cucumbers in there too. Delicious, and though higher in sodium than I had hoped, not bad at all calorie-wise! :wink:

ETA: And got a 30 minute walk in this way too!
  • iechick
    iechick Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    -large bean burrito (serving of refried black beans, dice tomatoes, black olives, onion, lettuce and hot sauce.
    -another serving of refried beans with the diced tomatoes, black olives and onion mixed in and then eaten with Fritos.

-and then Mondays are my once a week baking days ( today I made up 6 recipes in a little over two hours whew!), and I also had a spoonful of peach crisp and a French Breakfast donut-muffin (recipe called for a donut pan but I put it in a muffin tin lol).

I don't track calories, but a rough guess would be that it was around 1,000 calories for all of it.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    A salad with...

125g of cherry tomatoes from the garden
    100g of roast loin from last year's Berkshires
    A whack of "colourful" shredded cabbage
    2 tblsp of coleslaw dressing
    Pinch of local sea salt that's been smoked with alder

Roughly 300 calories: 19C/9F/31P.
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Butter bib lettuce salad with goat cheese, green apple, chicken, and balsamic dressing.
  • Pinkranger626
    Pinkranger626 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    spinach and romaine lettuce salad with brocolli grape tomatoes and carrots.... lite italian dressing. Dont' really feel like it today but gotta get my leafy greens in and I know if I say I'll eat it for dinner and go to the cafe It'll wind up in the fridge until tomorrow
  • skyekeeper
    skyekeeper Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Homemade Potato Chowder with a side salad including organic romaine, home grown tomato, organic baby carrots and mini orange bell pepper with balsamic vinaigrette dressing a whole fresh lime on the side.
  • krislshoe
    krislshoe Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    white meat chicken breast on 1 slice of whole grain bread with olive oil mayo, salt, and pepper,BBQ special K cracker chips, gala apple, and 24 oz. of water
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Whole what bread with a slice of whatever Deli sandwich meat we have,lots of lettuce,mustard & 1TBL mayo. a serving of regular chips & tall glass of unsweetened ice tea.Lots of fresh cherry tomatoes.

Dinner will be home made beef/veggie soup,saltines with spreadable cheese,cherry tomatoes,sliced cucumber salad & dessert this eve.Either a pudding cup,grapes or a couple cookies.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Turkey sandwich with hummus on whole wheat with some carrots and cucumbers, light ranch dressing.
  • StacyReneO
    StacyReneO Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I am thinking a Sharky's Power Plate - maybe beef or shrimp.
  • thugstrife
    thugstrife Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    A strawberry, mango and banana smoothie and a chocolate chip Cliff Bar.
  • salsera_barbie
    salsera_barbie Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Ceviche