How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
2»

Replies

• MissDeeDee78
    MissDeeDee78 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Once a week. I used to weigh myself on a daily basis and get discouraged.
  • CaeliGirl11
    CaeliGirl11 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily but I completely have the understanding that different foods may lead me to retain water and have a day where I may gain weight. I don't obsess over a pound or two as long as the overall (think days at a time) is downward trending. After a couple of days at a new low I will record it on MFP. I weight daily because it just gives me a better sense of how my body reacts to the different ways I eat and exercise...but again, I don't stress over a lb or two...you just can't or else you go nuts.
  • sherigambino
    sherigambino Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every other day. I may start doing this once a week, since sometimes it kind of gets me down.
  • missymakayla
    missymakayla Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Daily, around the same time, it keeps me in check...
  • Isakizza
    Isakizza Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Every morning... but only record it once a week.

21525558.png
  • marko320
    marko320 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I agree. Sometimes I will feel great and then I find that I've gained a few lbs. It's hard to focus on the long term when you take a step backwards.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Maybe like three times a week. I only record if I've lost weight.
  • wmbrett
    wmbrett Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day for my own sanity, but only record it on Fridays.

This ^^^ I weigh every a.m. before I workout to understand trends. I track food during the week, weigh and record on Friday if there is at least a 1 lb change (I'm in maintenance mode, with a slight deficit to lose a handful of more pounds). I enjoy myself on weekends with beer and food, and usually first couple days of the week, I'm working off my water weight gain from salty foods and beer from the weekend. Usually on par by Friday, and start the cycle over again.
  • Soccermavrick
    Soccermavrick Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I probably step on a scale daily, but I only track once a week. (I try to track the same day and time, for comparability.) But measurements are probably once a month.

The daily thing though as Caeligirl put it, is influenced by so many different factors that you cannot obsess over it. The goal is that you are getting healthier; whether that is losing or maintaining weight or gaining muscle. So whatever works for you.
  • nicholawelch
    nicholawelch Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week and i do it with my dad over the phone. it helps us to stay accountable and also to let us know we are still on the right track. weighing in together gives us both support too
  • jvbrooks
    jvbrooks Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Daily, every morning after my shower. My Fitbit Aria syncs automatically to Fitbit and then MFP, so it keeps me honest. Plus, I've lost roughly 60 lbs, so seeing it go 64 - 62 - 63 doesn't really get me down, because 60 is huge on its own.
  • mikeykhan2003
    Options
    I actually weight myself several times a day. I like to understand what my body is doing - how long certain sodium levels make me maintain water, how much weight I lose during sleeping, and how my fast days affect my weight loss. I only record new lows or every Thursday, which ever happens first. (Thursday is ideal because my sodium intake on Friday is no bueno, and I usually end up fasting for 2 of the 3 days prior.)

I don't usually get discouraged - I'm fairly even keeled in my head about this thing. I'm down 80 lbs since last summer so I know I'm trending in the right direction. I tend to look at things in terms of 3 week or 3 months (quarters) when I'm evaluating what is working - it's just a game my scale and I play.

m
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Daily, so I can do this:
    z7538.png

I love you.
  • flupps_
    flupps_ Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning, just step on it briefly direct out of bed before the morning coffee...
    I'm not conscious enough to register what it says, and basically I just follow the normalized curve instead of each point entry.

kg.png