no one understands bra sizes

Options
donthesitate
donthesitate Posts: 255 Member
Most men and women seem to have no clue about bra sizes. They think as the cups get bigger the boobs automatically do too, they dont consider band size at all. They think the difference between a 34 and a 36 is just that the 36 is fatter around and the cup size is the same, wrong! Ill educate you. As the band size goes up so does the volume of the cup, meaning the breasts of the 36 are larger than the 34. The reason they are the same cup is because the proportion of the breasts to the ribcage. So many women wear the wrong size because now manufacturers make bras in proportion with the ribcage (they used to make you add 4 inches or some nonsense to get band size.) For example, if you measure under your breasts and get 34 inches then that is your band size, dont add anything. Back to assuming the bigger the cup the larger the breast, the cup is kind of irrelevant to the actual size of the breasts. I went from a 34DD to a 32DDD, that means that my band size went down AND the volume. My boobs arent huge, some people say I look like a C cup, well my proportion is larger, what can I say. Just my rant :)

Replies

• bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    You mean versus one hand or two hands full?:smokin:
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options
    Already knew that. :grumble:

Refund necessary.
  • crackur
    crackur Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    You mean versus one hand or two hands full?:smokin:
    when I touch one I have to touch the other......OCD for boobs FTW!
  • Aerosam
    Aerosam Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I think I'll stick to my method of hand sizing them by feel.

Maybe have to make a more detailed inspection with my lips and tongue... for accuracy, of course. :)
  • sherigambino
    sherigambino Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I just go and try on a bunch of bras and go with the best fit.:)
  • LemonEleven
    LemonEleven Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yep! I had bad shoulder pain and went and got properly fitted. I am a 34 E. Well, they shrinking and so is my ribcage so I better get remeasured, but the bottom line is when I wore the right size, my shoulder pain left. The band is the support, you want that to actually support your boobs ladies! haha.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I don't understand poetry, but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate it.
  • HermioneCantDraw
    Options
    I go by trial and error! Or sports bras, over the head and the cleavage is the perfect place to hold cellphones, money, keys, slices of lime.... hem.

Over all, I have no idea about a "size" because I have bras of all different sizes... after all, one girls 36 C is another girls 32 D, so, you know, don't stress!
  • callmenikita
    callmenikita Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    After months of frustration and trying to find the right bra size i went to VS to get measured, she did her thing then said "okay looks like you're a 34B...wait, wait a minute... thats not right" she did it again then one more time and was both wrong! poor thing... I went to an actual professional found out i am i 36DDD but after months of exercising i am slowly going down. But Having the right support from a bra makes all the difference! :tongue:
  • donthesitate
    donthesitate Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    @lemoneleven: yes to no back pain!
    @theroaddog: best quote ever
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    rant unsuccessful without boobage pics lolol
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    I'm a 34D or thereabouts, which is pretty much the same as a 36C - which many people don't realise - you can go up a band size and down a cup size and it'll work. On a bloated day I up the band size.

Which basically means the OP's boobs haven't really changed at all
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    OO > oo
  • LookMaNoHands
    LookMaNoHands Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Well, you learn something new every day I suppose. All this time I just thought that the number was the bust measurement and the letter just represented how much of that number was breast (vs. rib cage, back fat, etc.)

How about the pant / dress sizes? That is just waist measurement plus 20, right? (ie: size zero = 20 inch waist, size 6 = 26 inch waist, etc.)
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    that's cause they are boob cages created by the man to prevent us from expressing our true feminine power conspired with clothing manufacturers to force us to spend more money
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    I think I'll stick to my method of hand sizing them by feel.

Maybe have to make a more detailed inspection with my lips and tongue... for accuracy, of course. :)

FR sent :tongue:

(j/k)
  • HermioneCantDraw
    Options
    Well, you learn something new every day I suppose. All this time I just thought that the number was the bust measurement and the letter just represented how much of that number was breast (vs. rib cage, back fat, etc.)

How about the pant / dress sizes? That is just waist measurement plus 20, right? (ie: size zero = 20 inch waist, size 6 = 26 inch waist, etc.)

You sir, are an ACTUAL genius. I totally never knew this about pants... but I think its true....

although, I think its waist measurement, minus twenty to get to the pants size.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Yep! I had bad shoulder pain and went and got properly fitted. I am a 34 E. Well, they shrinking and so is my ribcage so I better get remeasured, but the bottom line is when I wore the right size, my shoulder pain left. The band is the support, you want that to actually support your boobs ladies! haha.

This. I went from wearing a 52 DDD just to get a cup that would mostly contain my breast tissue to a properly fitted 44 HH. I remeasured the other day and next time I order a bra will be trying a 42 HH. My problem is with the differences in sizing. The 44HH I'm in now is Elomi, which is a UK brand I think. The US size is different from that. I think it's a K or L cup. I'm really hoping that as I reduce in weight my bust measurement will start to shrink faster. At the moment things are going down fairly evenly between bust and underbust. It would be nice to be able to just go out and buy a bra instead of having to visit a speciality shop or order on-line with trial and error.
  • Jimaudit
    Options
    How dare the Op post this mind bender and only serve up as evidence one very distant pic of her in a tank top....

Outrageous I say!!

btw: damn girl u hot
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options

Not really. My 30" waist fits a size 6 slacks.

Vanity sizing has all but slaughtered any rational system of measuring women's pants.