no one understands bra sizes

Options

Replies

• donthesitate
    donthesitate Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    What makes up a bra does not matter, it is what's inside that counts.

So youre saying the bra doesnt matter but whats in the bra does :p
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options

you're so supportive :smooched:
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Yeah until you buy the same size from different stores and they don't fit the same.

It's all a load of crap tbh.
  • donthesitate
    Options
    Yeah until you buy the same size from different stores and they don't fit the same.

It's all a load of crap tbh.

Thank vanity sizing
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    a bra is like a box of chocolates......you rip that **** open and grab the good stuff
  • SwitzEngine
    SwitzEngine Posts: 3,418 Member
    Options
    I never had to buy a bra. Most important is how to open those with one hand. :laugh:
  • donthesitate
    Options
    I never had to buy a bra. Most important is how to open those with one hand. :laugh:

Why do guys think this is a skill? Its not like its difficult...
  • LemonEleven
    LemonEleven Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yes, the bra is made of some kind of material, and inside the bra is breast tissue. We know.. we know. lol
  • LemonEleven
    LemonEleven Posts: 10 Member
    Options

I meant to quote this. I'm sort of new to MFP. doh
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options

when the big brain is deprived of oxygen, because the little brain is hogging all the blood, then the big brain doesn't support motor functions as well and a thing like a clasp can become a very difficult thing to master.

especially when the mastering of such a thing becomes increasingly important given the situation.
  • SwitzEngine
    SwitzEngine Posts: 3,418 Member
    Options

when the big brain is deprived of oxygen, because the little brain is hogging all the blood, then the big brain doesn't support motor functions as well and a thing like a clasp can become a very difficult thing to master.

especially when the mastering of such a thing becomes increasingly important given the situation.

Thanks for the explanation :wink:
  • LookMaNoHands
    LookMaNoHands Posts: 174 Member
    Options

Excellent explanation. Most women fail to understand this and they just think we are fumbling, uncoordinated idiots at all times.
  • donthesitate
    Options

Oh thanks for clearing that up :p smh
  • X3MM
    X3MM Posts: 92
    Options
    I thought these were the general rules:
    A= absence
    B= barely
    C= cute
    D= damn!
    E= eww yum!
    F= well.. You know..
  • X3MM
    X3MM Posts: 92
    Options
    And so on... :p
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I wish they made them with one cup bigger than the other! My left boob is bigger than my right! Either one side is baggy or the other one is peeking out a little. Bikini tops too!
  • Power_Man77
    Options
    My wife worked at Victoria Secret, and explained to me how bra fittings work. I was amazed how many women don't have the proper support.
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Im well versed in the area....VERY well versed.
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options

agree,
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    Options
    I'm a size 6, and I wear 28 waist (or it 27?). It's not 26, I know that.

Part of it too has got to be, what kind of pants are you wearing. I know that when I wear jeans that only come to my hips, I can wear smaller sizes, but with my work pants, that actually come all the way up to my waist, I have go one size up. And that's when the whole subtract 20 thing actually applies to my pants size. So, with your pants, do they actually come all the way up to your waist? Does your waist measurement actually factor in?

I haven't worn pants up to my waist since Clinton was president. :laugh: TBH, I'm probably more of a 4 now . I'm pretty sure my 4 jeans are 27. I've got to get my cold weather clothes out of storage. lol

That's because it isn't waist size minus 20. The person posting that is wrong.

For bottoms, A 0 is a waist size of 25 inches. Each next size up is a plus 1 in inches and plus 2 in the size (26=2, 27=4, 28=6, and so on).

Of course, hip size comes into play, and if you don't have the magic .7 waist to hip ratio, then your size is going to be different.

As for bra size, yes there is standard sizing, in theory. In practice, each manufacturer determines fit and plays with the numbers.

And many, many women understand how it works. It isn't rocket science. Except it is rocket science to the poor stupid girls who work at lingerie stores. I swear they have to fail a test to get those jobs.