And I thought I wasn't a prude! But really? Weird gym exp

Options
NYCNika
NYCNika Posts: 611 Member
Today at the gym, I had the weirdest experience.
Normally it is pretty empty (I work out at lunch in a hotel gym) but today there was another woman. She was probably in her late 50's, early 60's, a little overweight.

She was sitting in the middle of the locker room, next to the mirror console, drying her hair COMPLETELY BUCK NAKED!
I was trying to get my things for shower while trying to avoid looking at her -- not easy with her being right there and next to my locker too. So I got into the shower, was done 15 minutes later, when I was happy to hear the hairdryer was off. When I walked out, I found her putting on all of her make-up, still ALL naked. She did not start getting dressed until every last shred of make-up and hair was done.

Now I thought I was fairly easy going -- I normally change, even my bra, right in the locker room, without worrying too much about covering up or anything. I try to do it fairly quickly though. (Today I went out of her sight to change, just because she creeped me out). I sometimes ran in sports bra. I can even work out in sports bra. I never thought that I am uncomfortable with nudity. But that proved that, yes, I can be.

I mean as far as sequence of events goes, doesn't it make more sense to first put on some panties/bra on, than dry hair and do make-up if you are in a public locker room? That takes 3 seconds. She was in there all naked for at least 25 minutes after I came in, and don't know how long before that.

And the thing is, after she was done getting dressed, she looked very well groomed, dressed and presentable. More so than an average woman of her age. Which is completely unexpected, since you would assume that someone who behaves in that way to look different.

Replies

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Dear diary,
    I'm uncomfortable with the human body.

Signed,
    Me.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    You seem to be uncomfortable with nakedness. It wasn't like she was drying her intimate areas under the hand dryer.
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I find that pretty common with older people, they seem pretty comfortable with their nudity. Myself? Even with a rockin' bod, there will be no nudity at the gym.
  • Mobilemuscle
    Mobilemuscle Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I find that pretty common with older people, they seem pretty comfortable with their nudity. Myself? Even with a rockin' bod, there will be no nudity at the gym.

pics of said rockin bod
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I'd shower with clothes on if I could.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    You seem to be uncomfortable with nakedness. It wasn't like she was drying her intimate areas under the hand dryer.

thanks for that mental image. truly.
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

243.gif
  • spatulathumbs
    spatulathumbs Posts: 125 Member
    Options

I'm totally gonna try that next time.

Dude, it's a naked person, it's not a big deal.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options

thanks for that mental image. truly.

Have you ever seen someone skydive with their mouth open?

:laugh:
  • ElsaVonMarmalade
    ElsaVonMarmalade Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you're a prude. Sorry.

Also, you don't need to rush changing your bra. Nobody cares.
  • zombiesalad
    zombiesalad Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I bet you shower with your clothes on.
  • TMLPatrick
    TMLPatrick Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Yeah, its weird if you ask me... although I hate being naked even at home, really... so what do I know?
  • CMB1979
    CMB1979 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I just have to say, nudity issues are cultural issues. I live in Korea and go to public baths like this one where friends and family go together to wash each other. There is no issue with nudity here and I've lost a lot of my issues with it as well (after living here for over 2 years now). You learn that it's a beautiful thing to see grandfather, his son, and his grandson all washing together and school friends doing the same.

...and going from various baths and steam rooms of different temps - still naked for a couple hours.

korean_sauna_shower-300x199.jpg
  • jvbrooks
    jvbrooks Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Would it be different were she in great shape and very young?
  • NYCNika
    NYCNika Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I've never seen this before ever. It's not like a nude beach or even a sauna.

I wasn't aware this is not uncommon.

I did not think I was uncomfortable with human body. Most of the summer I walk my house in my underwear. But I do like to have at least that on because I would feel somewhat unhygenic walking/sitting around without it.
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    I think it sounds weird lol
  • Panda_Rolls
    Panda_Rolls Posts: 101 Member
    Options

I want someone ballsier than me to do this and then tell me how it goes.
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    This is a pretty common deal for every gym I've been to in the last 24 years, but they are naked old doods with their wangs out. It's worse for the men because they old guys want to do the Captain Morgan and carry on a conversation with you. I've never heard of this happening in the women's locker room.

LOL-- "the Captain Morgan". Yep... that's happened to me and I'm just... 'I can't talk to you, man... you're dangling'.
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options

pics of said rockin bod

Is your name Mobile because you move around or do we live in the same city? :)