And I thought I wasn't a prude! But really? Weird gym exp

Options

Replies

• LMick1986
    Options
    So the more comments I read, the more I realize I'm not quite as much a prude as I always thought.
  • HermioneCantDraw
    Options
    I hate putting clothes on while I'm wet. I just took off wet clothes that felt warm and sweaty and dirty. And now I'm warm and wet from the shower. If I put my clothes on, I will feel EXACTLY THE SAME. So, I do a lot like this woman. First I shower, then I fix the hair, then I fix the make-up and then, when I'm dry, I put on my clean clothes. And I feel all sparkly fresh again. Lovely.

That being said, I don't think its weird that you felt weird about it. I think as long as you can say, "Hey, this happened, and I felt weird about it." Then all is well. You totally have that right. And your society has done that to you, which is neither good, nor bad. Its simply the way that it is.
    43932452 Posts: 7,246 Member
    Options
    I find that pretty common with older people, they seem pretty comfortable with their nudity. Myself? Even with a rockin' bod, there will be no nudity at the gym.

I tend to agree .. I'm much freeer with myself now. Between my age
    and losing weight, I beyond comfortable .. plus thus lady might be
    in Menopause and be overheating.
  • CMB1979
    CMB1979 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Don't go to a gym in Europe or far east Asia, you might potentially lose your mind.

haha...yes she would. My gym also provides a workout uniform for everyone and also sweat towels and bath towels. The bath towels are only like a 12"x6" rectangle. You can't wrap it around anything......well....maybe one thing. :)

They provide a workout uniform?!! :noway: Would this happen to be one of the new fitness centres in North Korea that they've built to promote tourism?

No. This is South Korea and something I've seen at every gym I've visited here. It's expected. I was even offered a discount once if I brought my own uniform so they wouldn't have to wash theirs. haha...

But still..... the cheapest gym I've seen so far here is $750 for a year or monthly at around $75.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    So the more comments I read, the more I realize I'm not quite as much a prude as I always thought.

If you are American then it normal to be uncomfortable being naked around other. From a young age we are blasted with nudity being very taboo.
  • JeninBelgium
    JeninBelgium Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    sounds European if you ask me.

I think I was the only one at my former (very exclusive) gym in Brussels that ever had any clothes on at all.

seriously, women, naked in the locker room speaking on their mobile phones - I mean what is that !

at least this woman could have had the excuse that she didn't want to put her clothes on until she had her make-up on in case she would stain her blouse (and of course she needed to dry her hair before doing her make-up as the hair dryer could melt some of her make-up)
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options

..and later you join in the public area (for both men/women) to eat snacks, watch tv, relax, sleep, etc...

jjimjilbang_korea.jpg

Dude, seriously? I can do all that at home, minus the annoying crowds...:tongue::laugh:
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    You seem to be uncomfortable with nakedness. It wasn't like she was drying her intimate areas under the hand dryer.

thanks for that mental image. truly.

Have you ever seen someone skydive with their mouth open?

Was he screaming?
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    sounds European if you ask me.

I think I was the only one at my former (very exclusive) gym in Brussels that ever had any clothes on at all.

seriously, women, naked in the locker room speaking on their mobile phones - I mean what is that !

at least this woman could have had the excuse that she didn't want to put her clothes on until she had her make-up on in case she would stain her blouse (and of course she needed to dry her hair before doing her make-up as the hair dryer could melt some of her make-up)

OP, did you ask her nationality?
  • CMB1979
    Options

..and later you join in the public area (for both men/women) to eat snacks, watch tv, relax, sleep, etc...

Dude, seriously? I can do all that at home, minus the annoying crowds...:tongue::laugh:

SpaLand is my favorite (but doesn't allow overnight)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=MSmHFqY32UU

Yes. However, I stay at one whenever I visit Seoul (over 300km away from me). At about $12 overnight stay, it's much cheaper than a hotel/motel.
  • helpfit101
    helpfit101 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Wow. I read some of the comments people made and I must be a prude too. I would have felt uncomfrotabke also. I believe the norm is to get dressed than do your hair and makeup. She is probably very proud of her body. I would have taken myself to a sperate area and left her to have her nudist colonley all to herself. A girl told me at her gym a lady was blow drying her private parts. I am 70 and prefer to get dressed in a private room unless I am with Clint Eastwood or Richard Gere. Haaa

I do not live in the US at the moment and here I see old men drying their private parts at the locker room at the swimming pool every Saturday morning. They have some signs up saying do not use for drying private parts, but I think that's just a formality.

I've never seen someone ostentatiously dry their private parts at the more up scale gym I go to at work. However, people do walk around buck naked and talk to others.

Talking about hair dryers I've seen one guy lie down the hairdryer (in ON position) on top of his wet sweaty boxer shorts and leave it on like that while he went about getting dressed. The whole room stunk of hot dry burned sweaty underwear because it was heating up a lot.
  • ziggiezambi
    Options
    I don't even change in public locker rooms unless there are stalls. :noway:
  • CMB1979
    Options
    When I return to the USA, I think I'll be the guy you are writing about on here cuz, now, I like to hang out with my wang out.
    It's 100% natural.
  • blueboxgeek
    blueboxgeek Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's weird, it's a changing room, you are supposed to get changed in there lol.

Sometimes even when you have dried off you can be a bit clammy, maybe she was just air drying a bit before getting dressed?

It's the human body, we're all pretty much the same under all these clothes.
  • LumpySpacePrincess1
    Options
    Am I the only one who thought chicks were supposed to be naked in locker rooms for extended periods of time?
    A boy's wet dream can't be wrong!
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I don't even change at the gym; I go home. The OP still seems somewhat judgmental. People in other cultures are comfortable with nudity. Too bad we're not more like them.
  • TheLoneMarmot
    TheLoneMarmot Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You took 15 minutes to have a shower?

Yes, that is weird.
  • VoicelessRide
    VoicelessRide Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who thought chicks were supposed to be naked in locker rooms for extended periods of time?
    A boy's wet dream can't be wrong!

Only in my dreams!
  • VoicelessRide
    VoicelessRide Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I have no problem with nudity in locker rooms,,,the gyms I go t have open bay showers meaning it is a huge room with several shower heads...I do not gawk at other guys but it does not bother me...we are all nude around each other.....most guys I know do not race to get dressed but also they do not lounge either...just a balance of doing what you need to do...
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    I like to dry my manhood with a blow dryer in the locker-room, just so if if anyone inquires what I'm doing I get to respond by saying "Heating up your protein shake"
    uvy5pEL.gif