Anyone starting or started C25K soon?

Options
Thinking of starting couch to 5K to add to my fitness regimen to help me get in shape. Any one else started or starting soon?

Replies

• GenoPrice
    GenoPrice Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Joined MFP yesterday and woke up at 5am this morning and done first session of C25K
  • rainbow_Moonbeam
    Options
    I've just finished week 1! :)
  • missfitmt
    missfitmt Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I just started the program, but jumped forward to week 3. I'm currently on week 6 meow. :drinker:
  • emblu
    emblu Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Just do it! I have to confess I've not done it but then I've been running a few years.
    You won't regret it, running is highly addictive, enjoyable and rewarding.
    So what are you waiting for? Try it:smile:
  • sylnova
    sylnova Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm recovering from a minor foot surgery. This week I'm testing my foot on trainers with some fast walking sessions and if it's ok, I plan on starting c25k next week.
  • Kellihulst
    Kellihulst Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Give it a try! I love running! It's a great high. I will say that it took me a while before I really liked it. But eventually I did! And now it's my go to workout.
  • Nyksta
    Nyksta Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 6 but having to take a break right now since I strained my side/hip area :(. I tried a 1 mile run (I'm doing the distance not time app) on Sunday and seem to be ok so think I may try 2 x 1 mile run tomorrow morning and then I can move back into the programme at the weekend (next session is supposed to be 2.25 miles).

I really love it - it's hard and wee 4 or 5 I wanted to give up but perserveerd.

There's another thread on here I use and I'm sure open groups to join. Feel free to send a friend request if you want to :)

Nyk
  • traceywood7927
    Options
    I started today - fingers crossed i can do...I have always wanted to be able to run/jog and hope this guides me...
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    C25K + Insanity would be too much methinks.
  • SaltWaterTaffy78
    SaltWaterTaffy78 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 6 and love it! I was not a runner before and it was a bit tough for me at the beginning, but I'm runing now! I mean, running!!!
    It helped me with my stamina and yes, I agree with the people above who said it is enjoyable. It really is! It takes my stress away!

Best of luck! :flowerforyou:
  • crackur
    crackur Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I want to start it soon, trying to finish off a few things before I overload myself.

I'd to start next week.
  • Beertroll
    Options
    I'm on week two at the moment. I think I need to get some new shoes, because my shins and ankles are having a rough time of it. I'm getting better at breathing steady, which helps immensely in the second half of the workout.
  • crackur
    crackur Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I'm on week two at the moment. I think I need to get some new shoes, because my shins and ankles are having a rough time of it. I'm getting better at breathing steady, which helps immensely in the second half of the workout.
    I need to get better at breathing, I have ran in a few different places and now that my area is getting colder, it is effecting my breath control with my sinuses.
  • toscarthearmada
    toscarthearmada Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I finished week 4 over the weekend! Awesome awesome program and I cannot believe the difference it has made in my stamina and speed!

I use the Zen Lab app along with Runkeeper and it's so much fun!
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    I just started my 2nd time through, now working on speed. But I'm struggling with my bad knee :(

Just ran my first 5k last Saturday and I'd like to shave some minutes off of that time! I never liked running/jogging before but now I'm totally addicted to the endorphin high, especially when I can run outside.

Feel free to add me if you want support.
  • AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I am 58 years old. I started week 6 yesterday. If it can get me to run 20 minutes non stop, it must be a great program. I do it on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. I did it slow. While I am only on week 6, in the beginning I did some weeks twice and have been doing this for 10 weeks. I would get winded running a minute when I first started it. I am running slow for now. Once I finish the program I will work on my speed.
  • dleld
    dleld Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I plan to start C25K today actually. I've had it downloaded on my iPhone for over a month but I've finally worked up the nerve/stopped being lazy to start it.

I'll friend you and we can support each other.

I'm pretty nervous, about 10 years ago I played soccer year round but since then I've lived a pretty sedentary lifestyle.
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Yes I am not a noob but have not run in awhile, so yesterday i started week 1 c25k again.

It is a great program.
  • lawlorka
    lawlorka Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I'm starting tomorrow, and am actually looking forward to it. I've never been much of a runner but I need a good cardio focused element to my fitness regime and I thought I can run anywhere so this sounded like a good idea.

I've downloaded an App to keep track of my progress and what I'm doing. Tomorrow and Friday will be threadmill sessions but Sunday I'll go outdoors. I think I'll always have 1 threadmill and 1 outdoor session a week and the 3rd will just depend on whether I'm in the office or not that day
  • iRun_Butterfly
    iRun_Butterfly Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I just started the program, finished week 2, day 2 yesterday. I'm embarassed to admit, it kicked my butt!! I hope it starts getting easier as I drop some pounds. I really need to build up by lungs, get my breathing under control.

Anyone, please feel free to send a friend request!