Anyone starting or started C25K soon?

Options

Replies

• TwinsRaGift
    TwinsRaGift Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Just got a double jogging stroller for me and my 1 1/2 year old twins this past weekend. I walked with them in it several times now and plan to start the C25K program. Not sure how it will go trying to jog and with of stroller that has over 50lbs in it, but we will see!
  • tnwebb611
    Options
    I downloaded Zombies, Run! and have done the intro and Week 1 Day 1 and I LOVE IT. Seriously, never ever, thought I could ever consider doing this, but the story line keeps it going. I *WANT* to work out. I've never in my life wanted to work out. Good luck!
  • emblu
    emblu Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I'm on week two at the moment. I think I need to get some new shoes, because my shins and ankles are having a rough time of it. I'm getting better at breathing steady, which helps immensely in the second half of the workout.
    I need to get better at breathing, I have ran in a few different places and now that my area is getting colder, it is effecting my breath control with my sinuses.
    Try using a buff or a scarf around your nose and mouth, nothing tight mind you don't want to suffercate x
  • TodayImEvolving
    TodayImEvolving Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I love C25K!! I actually look forward to these runs and feel incredibly accomplished when I finish! :bigsmile:
  • steviex_xo
    Options
    Do it! It's so good! I started it today (but I ran a little previously) and I progressed on to week two already. I found it quite easy and would be running anyway so just did the app!
  • Smallc10
    Smallc10 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I started this last year and gave up about half way through because of a back injury. I really did like it although for a complete non-runner I had to re-do week 1 and week 2 before moving further along. Not a big deal though!

I'm thinking I might pick it up again though! I could really use the help for getting my running in to shape for the triathalon I've signed myself up for already!
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I just did week 1 day #2 Day # 3 is saturday AM!
  • crackur
    crackur Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I think I'm going to start Saturday.............and do Sat-Tues and thurs. I will also be starting T25 GAMMA as well. I need to prepare for some 5ks coming up. I've never ran one......although running and walking I use to do all the time.
  • missdibs1
    Options
    Great! You have set two goals (daily and long term!) Stick with it! Make yourself proud: Best feeling ever!
  • Jewelsfla
    Jewelsfla Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Not "soon", but I will be completeing Week 7 Day 1 after work today (a 25 min. jog, with 5 min warmup and 5 min cooldown). I've tried C25K before (at my heighest weight), but wasn't ready for the committment. It's been totally different this time around. I enjoy it! Also, I'm just over halfway to my goal (my goal is to lose 180 lbs), so I'm not the most fit person out there! Signed up for a 5K at the end of October-I suggest doing this to keep you motivated!
  • worldsbestauntie
    worldsbestauntie Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I am wanting to start it. However, I've been looking at it and want to make sure I can get the app for the phone I have. (I have a Samsung Galexy Ace) Once I figure that out, I need somewhere with a WIFI connection so I can do the download.
  • missdibs1
    Options
    I am wanting to start it. However, I've been looking at it and want to make sure I can get the app for the phone I have. (I have a Samsung Galexy Ace) Once I figure that out, I need somewhere with a WIFI connection so I can do the download.

Use an ipod NANo Running with phone: a pain. Arm band=no arm stress
  • 79coco
    79coco Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love it I repeat every week so I'm on week 2 day 3 on sat. ( I would be on week 4 if I just went straight through)
    I enjoy it as well and look forward to my c25k days
  • RoyBeck
    RoyBeck Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I plan to start this once I'm over this bout of man flu :)
  • missdibs1
    Options
    I love it I repeat every week so I'm on week 2 day 3 on sat. ( I would be on week 4 if I just went straight through)
    I enjoy it as well and look forward to my c25k days

Great job! I am on week 1 day 3
  • cherche829
    cherche829 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just completed Week 1 day 3
  • Stage14
    Stage14 Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    I was on Week 4 before getting slapped down with Bronchitis. Now, once I get the green light to exercise again, I'm going to have to start back on week 3 I think. But I do love the program!
  • Gramnez
    Options
    It's a great program though I'm doing it a little different to the program as in I started in at week 4 and I'm doing every other day. I am a keen long distance walker though a fat one... But that seemed about right to me. I've done the dreaded w5 20 min, though accidentally did 25. Today I failed w6d1, pain in the knee uphill :(. Will retry tmrw.

Seriously though, barring injury, it's all mental. The increments are good, go slow and you can do it! It seems hard but just keep pushing, concentrate on the next lamppost, or commercial break! It feels so good when you've pushed yourself :)
  • sleepyotter
    sleepyotter Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if I downloaded one of the copycat apps or not, but mine only offered the first two weeks for free. I still get options like interval, timed, and distance running sessions, so I'm still using it on occasion. Two weeks ago I was repeating a run 1min/walk 1min set, and last week, for funsies, I decided to do a distance set just to see how long it would take me to do a 5k. I was pleasantly surprised that I was able to run almost the whole thing, and it took me like 35 minutes. Not great, I know, but considering that less than a year ago I had to give up after a half-mile, I was really proud of myself! I'm having problems replicating it, though. I'm going to try and work my way back up to it.

My first 5k is next Sunday!
  • Nikoruo
    Nikoruo Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I've started it already but i'll be on the first week for a while. My doctor said i should run much more than the first weeks worth yet because i'm still to heavy for my body to handle it. So until i go lower i'll stay on the first week :)

On another note, I find it fun and it's getting easier and easier. I feel like if i were to be 140lbs now (my goal weight) that i would be running it no problem. The problem right now is me hauling around another person's weight with me haha (130lbs to go)