Wow. You look like *kitten*....

Options

Replies

• crackur
    crackur Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    who cares what others think......if you do.....then you are the one with the problem. =)
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    My guess is that you are surrounded by people who have no idea what a healthy body fat percentage/weight looks like. That, unfortunately, does not surprise me in the least. I agree with getting a doctor's note delivered to HR with a request for the harassment to stop. I would also document all of the harassment, and discuss potential solutions with your attorney.
  • vickish76
    vickish76 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Remember with every success you're going to have others trying to pull you back down... Keep you head up and if needed talk to HR because what you are describing is a Hostile Work Environment and I bet dollars to donuts your organization has a policy against this...
  • lorim200
    lorim200 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Is your profile picture a current picture? I am just wondering. What is your present height and weight?
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    These comments come from my director of nursing, her assistant, my immediate supervisor, and a few fellow co-workers. I even told my supervisor I felt like everyone was ganging up on me, and although I appreciated their "concern," that I was pretty sure telling someone they look awful wasn't the right way to go about anything. I realize no one has ever seen me at this weight. I didn't even weigh this when I first started 8 years ago. I just want to be happy. And I want people to support me. I feel like I have no one except the amazing people I have met on here.

It's a bit sad to think that your boss as Director of Nursing is a) this unprofessional and b) seemingly unsupportive of a healthy lifestyle. :huh:

Judging from your pictures you look absolutely fine.

Without knowing the people involved and the work dynamics etc it's hard to know what's behind all this, but it's seriously bad form.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    First, get a letter from your doctor saying that your weight and fitness goals are healthy, then take that letter to whoever called you in to a meeting (I presume it was your supervisor/line manager) and say that you are not happy with the constant harassment based on how you look, that you find it hurtful and offensive, and that it must stop. If that doesn't make it stop, or your supervisor/line manager doesn't accept the note from your doctor, then go above his/her head and complain, saying that you consider it to be harassment based on how you look, and highly unprofessional.

There's a line between ignorant people being concerned (e.g. people worrying about eating disorders because they're not used to seeing you at a healthy weight and think you're too thin now) and bullying, and this seems to have crossed that line, based on what you typed, as it includes name calling and telling you you look like *kitten* and it seems to be happening on a regular basis from a few different people. Maybe they're jealous or maybe whatever, but you need to take a stand and let your line manager/supervisor know that you won't put up with this kind of unprofessional behaviour. Also, there are resources online for workplace bullying.

ETA: you look fantastic in your after pic in your profile, extremely healthy and you look amazing. Not even remotely corpse like!!!! I can't see where they got that from at all!!

this..

You look great ....

and it sounds like you work with a bunch of morons.....
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    These comments come from my director of nursing, her assistant, my immediate supervisor, and a few fellow co-workers. I even told my supervisor I felt like everyone was ganging up on me, and although I appreciated their "concern," that I was pretty sure telling someone they look awful wasn't the right way to go about anything. I realize no one has ever seen me at this weight. I didn't even weigh this when I first started 8 years ago. I just want to be happy. And I want people to support me. I feel like I have no one except the amazing people I have met on here.

It's a bit sad to think that your boss as Director of Nursing is a) this unprofessional and b) seemingly unsupportive of a healthy lifestyle. :huh:

Without knowing the people involved and the work dynamics etc it's hard to know what's behind all this, but it's seriously bad form.

have you been to a hospital/dr office lately? Most of the people in there are pretty obese.....just saying...
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options

have you been to a hospital/dr office lately? Most of the people in there are pretty obese.....just saying...

Well actually just after I typed that I was thinking "judging by the size of our staff nurses I'm not actually surprised" but I'm in the UK and I don't know what the situation looks like in the US...
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Seriously?

I find it hard to believe that so many people would say such awful things, just doesn't make any sense.

You look like a very normal weight to me.

I would be inclined to tell anyone that made comments like that to F.O. with a huge smile on my face.
  • DannyPeligro
    DannyPeligro Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I think that those who are saying that it might be a cultural thing are probably on to something. I just looked up obesity rates for WV and it turns out that it has some of the worst in the U.S. with over a third of people being rated as obese. In fact Huntingdon has been ranked as the fattest city in the country. So it's clear that many people probably don't know what a healthy person looks like.

If you're really worried about this, plug your measurements into an online BMI calculator and you'll get a rough idea of whether you're in a healthy range.
  • jonward85
    jonward85 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I will start off by saying that your profille pictures discount everything your coworkers have said. You do not in any way looks sickly. Secondly, the next time you end up in a meeting about you looking sickly or bad or having an eating disorder, walk straight down to HR. That's what they are there for because it is harassment. You look great and these judgy people should get you down. You're doing amazing.
  • dicoveringwhoIam
    dicoveringwhoIam Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I believe a trip to the HR department is needed and a complaint filed. They (the DON and assistant) have no right meddling in your personal life. They have no right to call you into a mtg at work if it is not work related. They are bullying and trying to intimidate you by isolation. These things are NOT ok. I would even go as far as talking to the compliance officer or call the complaint line, if you have one.
    Women, especially nurses, (I am a nurse) can be especially catty and cruel.

you look awesome!
    Good luck!
  • FourIsCompany
    FourIsCompany Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Is your profile picture a current picture? I am just wondering. What is your present height and weight?

Please answer these questions. It doesn't make logical sense that people are harassing someone who looks like your profile pic. Is that you?
  • VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Wow. What kind of nurses act like that? I assume you have a professional union. Can you do a complaint through them? Don't know if it's feasible for you but would you be able to transfer to another hospital/workplace? Sometimes you get in with a bad bunch at work and they pick on people for any/no reason/ just because they can. From your pictures it seems like this is an excuse to do just that because you look healthy and fit.

Sadly nurses are some of the worst people at eating their own.

OP I agree with the others, this is harassment and you should go to HR even (especially) if the DON is involved
  • WatchandWeight
    WatchandWeight Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am five feet tall. Weigh 143lbs currently. That picture was taken after I completed insanity. I have facebook for anyone who believes I am a "troll." Geez.
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options

Please answer these questions. It doesn't make logical sense that people are harassing someone who looks like your profile pic. Is that you?

Yes, please answer this. Your picture looks fine, and if it is current, you should take the harassment to your HR dept. But it does seem peculiar that so many people are commenting on your weight when you appear fine. I can't help but wonder if your picture is old, and their concerns for you are legitimate?
  • LumpySpacePrincess1
    Options
    I hear endless stories from my friends (nurses) about how horrible their colleagues are. One of the girls literally prays everyday before her shift because of how awful they are.
    Doesn't make sense to me. You'd think those that care for others would be good people.
    The answer is clear: Women shouldn't work together :laugh:
  • xSirensSong
    xSirensSong Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Your weight & height that you just gave sound spot on to me. My goal is 145 & I'm 5'3". Keep on keepin' on, girlie. You look fantastic in your profile picture & I'm sure you look even better now!

Sending much love your way. Keep your chin up! :flowerforyou:
  • samammay
    Options
    You have dedication that they dont. They are jealous.

Are you at a healthy weight? Are you eating enough? If those are both yes, F the haters.
  • celadontea
    celadontea Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter, unlike some other commenters believe, what you currently look like. You are being bullied and harassed and that is not right. I second the notion of going to HR. If this is making it difficult to work I would seek legal action. That is ridiculous and they are trying to break you down. Also, try to stay strong. You know that you are exercising, keeping fit and eating throughout the day. People are very jealous because they can't find motivation to do the same in their own lives.