Staying off booze for a month

Options
13»

Replies

• robbree98
    robbree98 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the same and am definitely feeling the benefits (physically, mentally and monetarily). I feel a lot less bloated and am actually sleeping a lot better as well. It wasn't a conscious decision but I kind of *fell into it* and thought I'd run with it! Good luck!
  • mikeykhan2003
    Options
    I cut out beer (cry) ; this is the ONLY temporary measure I allowed myself while I'm losing weight. I could easily just macro my beer, but beer is a huge trigger for me. Once i get down to 275 (there's some motivation for you) I will add it back in for a 2 weeks and see if I'm able to manage it as part of my diet. I will do this every 25 lbs until I reach goal weight where I'm adding it back in fo sho or I can manage to handle the beer without any of the stupid that tends to follow it for me.

Huge kudos for the OP for trying this change, and also completely agree with everyone that has mentioned the monetary benefits.
  • darimarie
    darimarie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I think I'm ready to quit for a while, also. Last night I went out with some friends and had two drinks (I'm a 5'0" female who doesn't drink a lot... so that's PLENTY for me), and while the alcohol itself has never really been a problem for me, it's what I do AFTERWARD. The drinks fit in my calories, but I'm sure the french fries, mozzarella sticks, and chicken fingers I split with my friends at 3am probably didn't. So I'm ready to go sober for a month too! Let's do it :)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Deffnitly helps!! I was a heavy beer drinker... I switched to wine and with that I drank WAYYYY less. (i know its not giving it up compeltely) but I still saw major changes in my body and I felt incredible!!!!

Sorry Im frozen I cant spell/type today.<3 Goodluck!!
    And for me with my vanity 5LBs I stopped having wine for a month, and lost .5lbs. :-)
    I have it on weekends and special occasions. As with most things: what's sustainable for you is what will work.
  • eileen0515
    eileen0515 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    You can either drink, or eat in a caloric deficit, tough to do both. I chose food and feel so much better for it. I do enjoy a little vodka. club soda with lime, while camping. it's not often we camp, so no problem.
  • SpookyElectric
    SpookyElectric Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I've been off the booze for about a month now (apart from last night - ooops...). I wanted to throw everything at a new effort to shape up and lose weight. To be honest, I am disappointed that there wasn't a noticable difference as I enjoy drinking with friends and it was a significant change to my lifestyle!

So I think I'm going to add it back in - but as others say, trying as much as possible to keep within my calorie count and not go mental.
  • k1o2r3i4
    k1o2r3i4 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I've cut back on booze a lot. I now only have a few drinks on Friday and Sat nights. No beer or hard liquor - mostly red wine. I'm not worried about the calories because I count them into my daily calories, but my problem is that if I drink too much, I make bad choices like eating a ton late at night and then end up feeling hung over and depressed the next day and not able to do workouts. I like to have a few drink so I set a realistic limits for myself- so far so good.
  • babyj0
    babyj0 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have, and no, it didn't. As long as the net amount stayed the same it made no difference. I don't really buy into the can't enjoy a night out unless you're wasted ethos so I'm not a serial weekend binger, but giving up an occasional nice wine or a social single malt tasting session forever for no perceivable benefit didn't really seem worth it.

This.
This discussion has been closed.