15 lbs by Thanksgiving - Who is with me!?

Options

Replies

• moonmistmm
    moonmistmm Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Lately my weight has been coming off pretty slowly, but if I can even get 10 by Thanksgiving, I'll be...grateful! And that much closer to goal. :)

Anyone, feel free to add me!
  • fhargis0002
    fhargis0002 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I would LOVE to lose 15 lbs by Thanksgiving! The weekends are also where I struggle the most. I have to figure out a way not over indulge. I too have not seen the results I want lately because of my weekend sabotage, and have remained the same weight about 2 months. I am 5'2, alltogether I have lost 55lbs. I workout 6 days a week, currently doing Insanity, I do Zumba once or twice a week, and try to run once or twice a week. I eat 1500 calories a day, and only eat back exercise calories if I have a BIG burn day, like Insanity+Zumba=1400 cal loss.
  • Empnestmom
    Options
    I am an empty nest mom with two grand daughters. My husband and I are sharing in the care of them two days a week while their parents work.
    I've hurt my knee and walking has been out of the question but it's getting better. Not happy that I cannot walk.
    I've taken the challenge. For me as the person who prepares the food in our household, I've got to realize that if I make smaller portions I will not have left overs, therefore less food. Other activities such as reading, decluttering my home, going for walks, sewing and crafts will have to be increased and emphasis on food less.
  • ninavalentine
    ninavalentine Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Sounds great to me! Have you considered starting a group for "Weekend Eaters"? I'm one of them, too, especially since my husband is gone all week and is home for weekends. Anyway, 15 pounds by Thanksgiving would be great. I'm in!
  • Nanadena
    Nanadena Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I have lost 50 lbs, but this summer 17 of it has reappeared. I definitely want to join! Start today?
  • mhk0719
    mhk0719 Posts: 255
    Options
    I'm in!!
  • StArBeLLa87
    StArBeLLa87 Posts: 1,582 Member
    Options
    I'm in that's a little less than 2 lbs a week def will be a challenge but a any weight lost will be great!
  • chrisrennert
    Options
    My fear would be that your calories may be too low, especially working out 5 days a week. What type of workout do you? One thing I would do is to find your maintenance level for your calories, I personally use this calculator, and then add a 20% deficit from there. When you start dropping your calories too low, you start messing with your metabolism, and you'll start having the reverse effect of what you are looking for. Just some food for thought! Good luck on your journey, and you seem very motivated!

http://www.health-calc.com/diet/energy-expenditure-advanced
  • peachy1717
    peachy1717 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm in too!
  • darianrenay
    Options
    I am down!!! We can do this :)
  • Mommybug2
    Mommybug2 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I'm with you too! I also find it difficult to get through the weekend or really anytime I am off work. I find myself wanting to go into the Office because I am not as tempted to snack at work and the gym is in the building where I work so I know I'll have no excuse not to go (well aside from the few times when actual work keeps me from going).

I have right around 10lbs to lose before I hit my current goal weight but I'm not sure that is where I actually want to stop. I've been incorporating more strength training to change my body composition so we will see...
  • mcjmommy
    mcjmommy Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! Are you starting a group? I'm gonna weigh myself today :smile:
    Good Luck to everyone as we start!
  • kbolton322
    kbolton322 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Has anybody started a group for this?? If not I will get that going... just let me know
  • bettypagegirl
    bettypagegirl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try!!
  • Nanadena
    Nanadena Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Did someone start a group? How are we going to check in?
  • tinyzombie
    tinyzombie Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Count me in! :) Everyone can feel free to add me.
  • Rastamann
    Rastamann Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Where do I sign up. I so want in on this! Feel free to add me. I run all the time and Diary is open to friends.
  • JamericanBoy
    JamericanBoy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    In like Flyn!
  • kangaroo33
    kangaroo33 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Totally in and completely doable! Not sure if it's in the cards for me completely (but I'm in), just because workouts are at a minimum from knee surgery.....HOWEVER...doesn't mean I can't keep the diet under control and work upper/mid body to strengthen and burn something. For the original post on this (sorry I can't remember your name and don't know how to go back)... Try to stick with around 1200 calories and amp up your workouts a little. Even every other day. Some interval training would help crank up your calorie burn if you're at some type of set point. My stats on MFP say I've lost around 35 lbs, but I'm down 75, with apx. 30-35 to go. WE CAN ALL DO THIS!!!!
  • blondiebabe92
    blondiebabe92 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'll do it. I tend to actually eat more on my weekends home from school. like last night I went to the fair, today I had taco bell and now I am going to a brewery with friends. I would ideally like to lose more by then but the 15 will put me into the overweight category out of obese!