Boob weight

Replies

• When I was anorexic is still had a size E/F cup. So technically I was still just in the bottom of a healthy weight range because of that weight - however my ribs and hip bones etc showed. I am sure if I had continued to starve myself they would have gone eventually and I would have been under my bmi, but they definately werent the first thing to go.
    And btw whoever said it not all skinny girls with large boobs have had implants! I was walking proof of that!
  • jadedhippo
    jadedhippo Posts: 95 Member
    I hope I lose my boobage because I really cannot afford a breast reduction. Sometimes I feel like I'd be my goal weight if I didn't have big boobs :P

:(
  • Well.... if you see a skinny girl with very large boobs - I think the chances are they're silicone.

My BMI is smack in the center of the healthy range.

My girls are still 34DD's.

Your comment is silly and there are plenty of women who prove how false it is.

I think you misunderstood - I didn't mean slim or average - I meant skinny ie on the verge of underweight.

Sorry for not explaining it better, no offence meant! :flowerforyou:

I can't see your original comment about thin girls with boobies = silicone, but I wanted to say you really should MYOB. That's an ignorant assumption.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    EXPLORE-THE-MORGUE.gif
  • Leighjr
    Leighjr Posts: 26 Member
    This would mean the BMI target on this is generally flawed for all, guys who have breasts to lose, nutsacks varying weight (yeah not as much as your breasts) .. Plates etc on bone.

So the BMI is basically judged around a non gender, perfect fitness and health ? Sort of like an action man doll lol
  • I'm a 36GG (UK size, not sure what I would be in US sizing). My boobs dont shrink at all when I lose weight and because I wear my band quite tight even that doesn't decrease. My GP has told me to consider the weight of my breasts and not aim for the lower end of the 'healthy BMI' section of the chart and maybe consider a reduction once I have lost some weight and kept it off for a while. I am aiming to be comfortable in myself and be healthier not get to X-amount of pounds etc as with a large rack and bottom that never shrink with my weight loss I end up looking very silly and out of proportion.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Just thought I would share this rather strange discussion I had with my Dr.

I have just had major abdominal surgery due to an ongoing medical condition. I went for my check up and was discussing my diet and weight loss. I will have to be on a very low fat diet from now on which should help with the weight so yaaay :D

However, when I asked about my ideal weight as per the BMI I was told to disregard it. According to the BMI chart as a medium framed 5 foot 4 inch woman I should be aiming to weigh about 140lbs, which I am nearly at now. My Dr proceeded to inform me that I should not aim to lose any more weight as I am not taking the weight of my boobs into account!!

Even when I am at my smallest (size 10 back in the day) my boobs are always at least a 34FF. As I get bigger they obviously balloon but they never reduce past the 34FF mark. My Dr said if I went under 140lbs in the aim to get the lowest end of the traditional BMI range I would actually be classed as nearing underweight!

I'm wondering if this is something everyone has to take into account? Or do most people lose their boobs when they lose weight? Not sure how to proceed. I'm reluctant to ignore my Doctors' advice as he is a professional after all.....but I still feel too fat.

Would it be more sensible to just try and increase activity level and focus on fitness rather than weight loss? I'm a little stuck at the moment as i'm full of stitches so I cannot go swimming and can do anything more strenuous than a little waddle across the room at snails pace lol

Any suggestions people?? :)

it sounds like you feel "skinny fat". That is, you are in normal BMI range, but you do not like the way you look, so you want to lose MORE weight in the hopes of it coming off in my correct places.

What you need to do is get into strength training. Here is a link to examples of some of my workouts that I currently do http://flic.kr/s/aHsjHTTg3U. Build some muscles, etc. You might not lose any weight, you might even GAIN a few pounds, but you will look better in and out of clothes. Barbell squats helped me find the booty I never had ( Ok...I HAD a booty, but it was flat and yucky).Before I started strength training, I had an extra set of boobs on my back! I still have flubber on my belly, but I can SEE abs popping up on one side. I'm still considered obese for 30 more pounds!

this is 7 months of strength training. 3-5 lb weight loss.

9799221974_4ccc67c1f0.jpg
    2/13, 4/13, 9/13 by crochetmom2010, on Flickr

Here ( right to left) you can see the change in tone in my belly, and the beginning of abs on the left side of the pic
    9630359542_0c54c88926.jpg
    8/2013, 8/2013, 5/2013 by crochetmom2010, on Flickr
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    If you have a good relationship with your doc I don't see why it would be much of an issue if they mentioned your boobs but I'd find it strange if you didn't know the doc at all and they started talking like that.

Unfortunately for me, I have lost all my boobs through dieting. They were a nice C but I seem to barely be able to fill an A cup now and after feeding five kids, and they're looking pretty deflated and gross IMO.

I'm on the lower end of the BMI scale and I'm planning on doing a mini bulk in the hope that I can regain some fat in that area and build some muscle in the chest area (as well as everywhere else) to help them look better.
  • kelleybean1
    kelleybean1 Posts: 312 Member
    Or do most people lose their boobs when they lose weight?

I would say so. Well.... if you see a skinny girl with very large boobs - I think the chances are they're silicone. If you look at the beyond skinny girls ie catwalk models - they have no boobs. Just nipples.

Most, but not all. I was 5'4" 110lbs in college and a 34DD.
  • amandarawr06
    amandarawr06 Posts: 251 Member
    My boobs tend to grow and shrink based on my weight. At my lowest (150) I was a D cup. At my heaviest I was a full DDD... right now I am between a DD and DDD.
  • julien999
    julien999 Posts: 41 Member
    Sorry but your Dr seems to be a bit misinformed. I had a Reduction 2 years ago from a DDD to a B and only lost about 5lbs and I believe most of that was from exercising before the surgery.
    If you lose weight properly you are going to be losing fat, fat is the main component to breast tissue so your boobs should shrink down a few sizes (or sadly in most cases they get less full). Im willing to bet that those women who are losing weight and not losing their boobs are starving themselves and losing more muscle and water than fat.
    According to the BMI a 5'4 woman should be anywhere from 110-145lbs, I would agree with these values.
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    I'm pretty sure our weight is the sum of everything, we don't get to subtract certain body parts.
  • julien999
    one thing to be very careful of if you do get a reduction is that if you lose any weight through it the weight will come back in another area. A lot of women have problems with after surgery the boobs coming back if they over eat, or other areas of their body gain weight like the arms,belly or hips.
    Just something to be aware of!
  • julien999
    Well.... if you see a skinny girl with very large boobs - I think the chances are they're silicone.

My BMI is smack in the center of the healthy range.

My girls are still 34DD's.

Your comment is silly and there are plenty of women who prove how false it is.

I think you misunderstood - I didn't mean slim or average - I meant skinny ie on the verge of underweight.

Sorry for not explaining it better, no offence meant! :flowerforyou:

I can't see your original comment about thin girls with boobies = silicone, but I wanted to say you really should MYOB. That's an ignorant assumption.

I think there is some truth to it, if you are way under weight and still have a huge rack then chances are they are fake its just not possible to control being 3rd world skinny and have enough fatty tissue in that lone area to make boobs. This is why you dont ever see Ethiopians with huge boobs
  • BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    I can't say I've ever really thought about that for women, but it sounds like a pretty awesome problem to have from a guy's perspective! :-P

This^^^^^^
  • julien999
    I hope I lose my boobage because I really cannot afford a breast reduction. Sometimes I feel like I'd be my goal weight if I didn't have big boobs :P

:(

I was lucky enough to have mine done on OHIP, I'm assuming you are in the USA? I know that most countries with social health care pay for reductions if it is considered a health problem.
  • julien999
    I can't say I've ever really thought about that for women, but it sounds like a pretty awesome problem to have from a guy's perspective! :-P

This^^^^^^

a lot of guys have boobs to you know?
  • julien999
    Time out:

For the record, if your band size goes down through weight loss, yet your cup stays the same letter, your boob has gotten smaller. A 32FF is not the same size boob, as a 38FF. Cup size has a relationship to band size. For a boob to truly stay the same size with weight loss, the letter would actually get bigger as the band gets smaller.

Time in:

Finally someone who gets it!
  • JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Time out:

For the record, if your band size goes down through weight loss, yet your cup stays the same letter, your boob has gotten smaller. A 32FF is not the same size boob, as a 38FF. Cup size has a relationship to band size. For a boob to truly stay the same size with weight loss, the letter would actually get bigger as the band gets smaller.

Time in:

Finally someone who gets it!

True dat. I have very dense boobs. During my 60lb weight loss, I've gone down 6 inches in band size, and up two cup sizes from C to DD.
  • Camera_BagintheUK
    Camera_BagintheUK Posts: 707 Member
    Or do most people lose their boobs when they lose weight?

I would say so. Well.... if you see a skinny girl with very large boobs - I think the chances are they're silicone. If you look at the beyond skinny girls ie catwalk models - they have no boobs. Just nipples.

no, sorry. I've always had big boobs and I was very skinny before my 30s.