FOOTBALL! Roll Tide!

Options
13»

Replies

• Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    so Nick Saban is going to be head coach at Texas soon it seems. good time to be a Longhorn fan.
  • LeslieN65
    LeslieN65 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    WDE:wink:
  • Kristierlong
    Kristierlong Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Roll Tide!!
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    This thread really makes me hope that Saban does go to Texas.
  • sarahertzberger
    sarahertzberger Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I'm from the south and I honestly don't get the whole football craze, although my son will be playing for our homeschool team when he turns 7 and I will probably go crazy then, but as of right now....... no, although in a way I kind of wish I did
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    so Nick Saban is going to be head coach at Texas soon it seems. good time to be a Longhorn fan.

The big 12 is about equivalent to the big east of 3-4 years ago. I wouldn't touch that conference with a 10 foot pole if I was Satan, even if it is Texas. He'll spend all his free time doing interviews and programs for the LHN which could be interesting given his love of the media. Might make for actual watchable programming on the channel though (not that anyone gets it).
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options

The big 12 is about equivalent to the big east of 3-4 years ago. I wouldn't touch that conference with a 10 foot pole if I was Satan, even if it is Texas. He'll spend all his free time doing interviews and programs for the LHN which could be interesting given his love of the media. Might make for actual watchable programming on the channel though (not that anyone gets it).
    As bad as the Big 12 is, he'd have Texas "relevant" again even quicker than he had with Bama.

Remember before Saban Bama had a pretty crappy few years. Even getting beaten by lowly ACC teams.
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    Ha ha ha...what's this "War Damn Eagle" thing?

I have a girlfriend going with me for this game...but I can be swayed...

Auburn/Alabama are religions around here. And if you live here, you have to pick one. One of the first things I check for when considering dating someone is if they are an Auburn fan. If not, it isn't exactly a deal breaker. But it definitely makes me examine the situation more closely.
  • boatyboat
    boatyboat Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Ha ha ha...what's this "War Damn Eagle" thing?

I have a girlfriend going with me for this game...but I can be swayed...

Auburn/Alabama are religions around here. And if you live here, you have to pick one. One of the first things I check for when considering dating someone is if they are an Auburn fan. If not, it isn't exactly a deal breaker. But it definitely makes me examine the situation more closely.

I get that. As a Chicago raised yankee...I do not date Cubs fans.
  • Timothy1962
    Options
    Tide is still ROLLING at No. 1 !!!!!!
  • Jagreene62
    Jagreene62 Posts: 4,782 Member
    Options
    That Alabama is # 1 ... and the TIDE ROLLS ON!!!!

BOO-YAH!!! :bigsmile:
  • Jagreene62
    Jagreene62 Posts: 4,782 Member
    Options
    Rule #1 for being a Bama fan is never wear orange...... ever
    [/quote]

LMAO!!! Sooooo True!!! :heart: