Really do not want to track

Options

Replies

• MelStren
    MelStren Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    You can't make changes in your diet if you don't know what you need to change, that starts with tracking what you are eating on a regular basis.
  • kattjohnsonmfp
    kattjohnsonmfp Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Smartphone app nukes your "lazy" excuse. I've found it pretty easy - if you're actually weighing your food and taking it seriously then the inputting into MFP is a breeze.

In the end, if you don't do it, you'll likely see poor results. So do it.

It's even easier when you can just copy your meals from someone else :P
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    But I'm simply not willing to be that obsessive about food for the rest of my life.

I track, I'm not obsessed. I know that happens to some but not all. I eat what I want I work hard I lose weight. It's about moderation not deprivation. There are no bad foods just bad eating habits.
  • crose0056
    crose0056 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I personally think it makes it more fun and interesting. Try to do it all in one setting for 2 reasons. It makes it quicker and more accountable for the duration of the day. It also keeps you on track. I think of it like someone just gave me $xxxx.xx to spend of food and this is how I am going to do it. When it is gone, it is gone. You can always go back and tweak your diary as you see fit. I follow these rules daily and have lost 30lbs in 6 months.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,754 Member
    Options
    I just signed up. I don't want to write down everything I eat out of embarrassment and laziness. Help and motivation appreciated , new so please add me! Thanks

Are you going to log your exercise? Is that your focus for being here?
    If it isn't and you want to lose weight then do as others suggested, keep your diary private but log, even if it is 5000 cal day, so you see what you are eating. And if you aren't going to log exercise or food, what is your motivation for joining?

Read this:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819925-the-basics-don-t-complicate-it

And read the diaries of the success stories posters' profiles. It really helps. You'll learn you don't have to eat 1200 cals to be successful.

I personally only add friends who share their diary with at least their friends. It is hard to give good feedback if you really have no idea what someone is consuming. And I have had to lose and regain the same lbs. because I refused to track before. Not this time. I am done yoyoing. Tracking is the way out of that hell.

All the best in your journey.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I just signed up. I don't want to write down everything I eat out of embarrassment and laziness. Help and motivation appreciated , new so please add me! Thanks
    Embarrassment? Keep your diary private.

Do you want to lose weight? You need to track. Otherwise, you have no idea, really, what you're eating.
  • TRD66
    TRD66 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    As a famous 'man' once said

"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try"

:tongue:
  • Anita_hoar12345
    Options
    I hate tracking because there is too many inacurate entries in the database they need to fix this problem. I don't log but I use the database as a nutrition guide if I'm not sure if something is good for me or not. It seems to work for me
  • Camera_BagintheUK
    Camera_BagintheUK Posts: 707 Member
    Options

It's about moderation not deprivation. There are no bad foods just bad eating habits.

I love that! I'm nicking that as my motto! :flowerforyou:
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Why on Earth are you here then?
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    track at the end of the day on your laptop in bed. You'll still learn how you're doing by when you go over or under or if you didn't drink all your water. It will take you just a few minutes and you can do it all at once instead of logging on throughout the day. you could also do the reverse...lay out your eating a day ahead and stick to what you've laid. I've seen success stories on here from people who have done both.
  • april1445
    Options
    That's kind of the point of tracking: it makes you accountable, and also more aware of how much you are actually eating. It's not fun exactly, but if necessary, then do it. Maybe this isn't the right program for you?
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I hate tracking because there is too many inacurate entries in the database they need to fix this problem. I don't log but I use the database as a nutrition guide if I'm not sure if something is good for me or not. It seems to work for me
    If you keep using the generic entries, they stay in your frequently tab. Have a smart phone? Scan the item.
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Writing down everything is kind of the point. You have to know how many calories are going into your body if you are trying to change.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Why on Earth are you here then?

+1
  • Geojerm
    Geojerm Posts: 291 Member
    Options

Perhaps share your reasons for joining this site, or what it is you hope to gain?

If you're not logging... then....

Just asking.
  • AprilSchulte10
    AprilSchulte10 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    If its embarrassment that stops u from tracking you can keep your food diary private so no one can see it! Feel free to add me! I track during the day so i have a rough Idea of whats left when i go home for dinner. I never log dinner or finish my day because Im too busy with 2 toddlers at night.

Congrats on joining.. It's the first step :)
  • dneeb2899
    Options
    As difficult as tracking is it really opens your eyes to everything your putting into your body. If you have the APP on your phone tracking is VERY easy as you can scan the bar code on products.. I am doing much better tracking calories with this then i was doing tracking points on Weight Watchers.

You just need to put your mind to it. You can do it!! :)

Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    then make your food diary private.
  • yllekyllek
    Options
    You may not have to track forever. A few days will open your eyes to what is going in your mouth, and a few weeks will have you tracking without having to write things down. But give Myfitnesspal a try, because it is the easiest tracking tool I have ever used. It saves your favorites, it has EVERY kind of food listed (even homemade), and you will be impressed with the charts.

Just commit to a few days and see if you aren't hooked.
This discussion has been closed.