Sober for October?

Options

Replies

• yankeedownsouth
    yankeedownsouth Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    If you think you have a problem with alchohol, you probably do...just saying.

And what was the point of that exactly? I think the OP made it clear that this is not that kind of group. I'd like to do it because not drinking makes it easier to hit my fat loss and fitness goals; plus I was already thinking about doing it anyway, and it's always more fun with a group!
  • dearb1
    dearb1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I really need to do it so it will be a huge challenge for me! I moved to Maputo 5 mths ago and need a glass of red wine every night!
  • star5785
    Options
    Nice thread! I've cut back alot this year, no more mid-week drinks. I would love to challenge myself to have a completely dry month. I'm in :)
  • feelin_gr_8
    feelin_gr_8 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Not to be argumentative, but the OP stated this was a "challenge." If someone doesn't drink anyway, doesn't seem like much of a challenge to me. That's like me saying I won't smoke a cigarette for the next 30 days. I don't smoke so I can guarantee you that won't happen. Just an observation. Carry on.

I had that thought as well...

Oh heck....can't I still support you guys, even if I'm not a drinker?
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    If you think you have a problem with alchohol, you probably do...just saying.

Just because someone drinks and wants to cut back a bit doesn't mean they have a problem with alcohol. Alcohol = empty calories, empty delicious calories but empty all the same. I'm cutting back on alcohol to help reach my body composition goals
  • mmipanda
    mmipanda Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    can you guys plz call it OCSOBER when it starts.

I don't want to join though. There are too many birthdays, I'm moving into a new house, and ofc halloween. I just wanted to suggest the name for it.
  • hayleyrue
    hayleyrue Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • lequire
    lequire Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    OCSOBER? That is absolutely genius, I am in. My bf and I have planned a fun weekend in the middle of October but I think this will be good for me. And I've thought about only drinking water for a month as a challenge so this is my chance!
  • xonophone
    xonophone Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I really need to cut down, and this is a good time of year to do it - after the summer (when most drinking occurs) and before the holidays. I blame alcohol for getting me off track my goals and causing me to regain 20 of the 30 pounds I originally lost with MFP 2 years ago, and also for changing my body composition :(

I haven't had a drink in 5 nights...can I count that??
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Out.
  • Redbird99ky
    Redbird99ky Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Seeing as how the last time I consumed any alcohol was December last year, do I win by default?

Oct 23, 2011, so, I guess not. but good job on not drinking!
  • skadoosh33
    skadoosh33 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I'm drinking right now.
  • karenertl
    karenertl Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I'm not supposed to be drinking alcohol anyway due to the antidepressant I'm on. (Gotta love anxiety and depression... not).

Feel free to add me as a friend on here!

th?id=H.4833544470987755&w=230&h=187&c=7&rs=1&pid=1.7
  • DragonflyF15
    DragonflyF15 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    It's up! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/16684-oct-sober-2013
    Just started classes again this week, so schedule was a bit hectic :)
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Should be "easy" for me since the only beer I have is ginger beer :happy:
  • bnw1205
    bnw1205 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I will get on board, I have been thinking the past few days to challenge myself to drink only water and juices (fresh not fake sugary ones) and cut out diet sodas, carbonated waters, and wine so this could help in the motivation area.
  • Bama56
    Bama56 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    i think this needs to be done after football season...Roll Tide. starting in Janurary, its almost 8 months of no drinking.
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I'm in! :wink:
  • skinnybythanksgiving
    Options
    Lol. No problem. I haven't had a drink since 1/3/91. Getting through October should be a breeze!
  • Laura3BB
    Laura3BB Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Not to be argumentative, but the OP stated this was a "challenge." If someone doesn't drink anyway, doesn't seem like much of a challenge to me. That's like me saying I won't smoke a cigarette for the next 30 days. I don't smoke so I can guarantee you that won't happen. Just an observation. Carry on.

I had that thought as well...

me too!