Replies

• Sarahwantshealth
    Sarahwantshealth Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am so in!!!
  • writergeek313
    writergeek313 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I had to stop drinking in December because of a medication I was put on. It was tough at first, but I don't really miss it anymore. When I do, I remind myself of the calories and the money I've saved in the last nine months, and I love waking up on weekend mornings without a hangover!
  • DragonflyF15
    DragonflyF15 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Octsober it is :)
  • Sarahwantshealth
    Sarahwantshealth Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thanks for including me! This will be a real challenge! Just polished off 6 beers watching football!
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    Thanks for including me! This will be a real challenge! Just polished off 6 beers watching football!

Which is exactly why I'm not playing. My weekends in October:

Oct 5 - Octoberfest party
    Oct 12 - Trip to out of town college football game
    Oct 19 - Halloween party
    Oct 26 - Trip out of town to spend time with one of my old college buddies

Could I do all those things without drinking? Absolutely. Do I want to? Hell no. More power to those of you who are quitting drinking for a month, but I am SOOOO out.
  • DragonflyF15
    Options
    A few more days to join in! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/16684-oct-sober-2013

Challenge for 30 consecutive days of no drinking. Or go for 25 of 30 days of not drinking any alcohol beverages. I say 25 cause I know Halloween weekend one might want to have a few spirits of their own to enjoy. This is not an I am an alcoholic group, however if you are, maybe this might be a good place to start by just taking a 30 day challenge. Or maybe you just want to cut out those alcohol calories, esp the ones that lead to poor food decisions during happy hours, or after bars close. Or maybe you just want to get out all toxins and have a reset for the body (giving the liver a break). Whatever the reason, one thing for sure, it will be for a healthier you :)
  • ChancyW
    ChancyW Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Count me in :-)
  • VeinsAndBones
    VeinsAndBones Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Oktoberfest! You're on your own there!
  • chrisduke
    Options
    7 years sober in Feb
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Should I?

I've been sober for 80 months so far now.

Well, OK.

Why not one more?
  • littlenature
    Options
    Ooooh yes, I'm up for this!!

Although, maybe I won't completely abstain... I'm a binge drinker, definitely not addicted or anything and I can go weeks/ months without any alcohol whatsoever, it's just that when I do drink on nights out, I drink so much, get really drunk and totally embarrass myself!! I rarely suffer from physical hangovers but I do get what I call an 'emotional' hangover where I feel really down the day after drinking. I don't want to stop completely though, as it's something I do enjoy but I want to be able to go out, have a couple of drinks, without getting completely off my face! You know, be one of those 'mature' people.

Hopefully this will keep me on track!
  • DragonflyF15
    Options
    Congrats on all of those who have chosen a life of being sober. You are welcome to join the group if you want to be encouraging to the rest. Just wanted to remind everyone this group is not necessarily a group for those with a drinking problem, so don't let it scare you away from joining. Just a challenge to help in living a healthier lifestyle and weight management :) Last day till the challenge starts so :drinker: lol!
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good challenge. I don't want to spend the calories on it, so I haven't had a sip since I started. I think about it, but its too much calories so I skip it. Good luck.
  • crackur
    crackur Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    guys send me all of your alcohol or beer money and I will hold on to it for you ;P
  • hipsdontlie1
    hipsdontlie1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I NEED TO DO THIS!!.. has there been a group set up?!
  • pdawnfloyd
    pdawnfloyd Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I need to do this also, trying very hard to lose this weight and I know I need to cut out the empty alochol calories. If you will, please add me to this group.

Thank you!
  • PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot
    Options
    Got a couple more IPAs to clear out of the fridge tonight & tomorrow.. (pushes in stacks of chips).
  • beekay70
    beekay70 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I started last week. I'm calling mine "6-pack for a 6-pack". I am giving up beer (and all other alcohol) for a while in hopes of losing that last 10-ish pounds and hopefully seeing a 6-pack. I suspect that my last 10 lbs or so may take more than the month of October.

30Sep: 211 lbs
  • onematch
    onematch Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    This is a perfect challenge for me! When I drink I always end up snacking on junk food too. I love my wine, but know I need to take an extended break to get a boost in my weight loss.

Count me in!
  • welloiledmachine
    welloiledmachine Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I am so doing this. I am looking for a couple challenges to get me through til the end of the year. This one will definitely help cut out eating all the junk that goes along with drinking creamy concoctions. We can do this. I'm in for the whole month.