do you notice losing more eating breakfast?

Options
13»

Replies

• eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    When I was over 20% body fat the one habit I had was breakfast. I had read somewhere that the body is using mostly stored bodyfat for fuel after an overnight fast and breakfast upon waking ruins that.
  • Cella30
    Cella30 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    all my life I've never been a breakfast eater for the same reason...I always thought it made me more hungry. When I finally realized that I had to change all of my eating habits because everything I was doing wasn't working, I started doing the bfast thing. At first I got the hunger, but then I figured out what I could eat that kept me satisfied. the key was protein....Greek yogurt, eggs, etc paired with fruit and toast or granola. I keep it around 200-300 calories. This made a big difference in keeping me from binging later in the day or evening. So for me, the saying "breakfast is the most important meal of the day" finally makes sense. If you only knew how antibreakfast I used to be... A big step for me! :smile:
  • takumaku
    takumaku Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Define breakfast? I have hyperinsulin. If I eat something which is highly processed or spikes insulin (sugar, whey protein, dairy ... milk sugar, processed cereals, grain-based flour, energy drinks, sugar alcohols), I am hungry again in an hour. If I eat/drink pure fat (e.g. blender coffee/butter coffee) or non-processed protein or if I fast, I'm good to go for a few hours.
  • nelinelineli
    nelinelineli Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Three things I've noticed about breakfast:

1. If I wake up early and eat a big breakfast I'm very likely to go over calories throughout the day as i'll get 3 meals instead of 2.
    2. If I wake up early and don't eat breakfast I'm very likely to binge eat for lunch because I'm starving
    3. If I wake up late and don't need breakfast all's well in the world :D
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    I've heard all the studies and advice about eating breakfast. But, when I eat breakfast..I'm actually more hungry all day. I'm looking for people who know for sure from the scale..not studies and advice they've read... that they lose more one way or the other.

I've been eating breakfast to see if it makes me lose faster; my thinking is maybe my metabolism is working faster that is why I'm so hungry all day.

Any of you know for sure that you lose more eating breakfast?

If you don't think breakfast works for you, then don't eat it.
    Just keep track of cal/macros through out the day so you know you are getting what you need.

You could also look into Intermittent Fasting....may be something you would like.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I eat when I am hungry. I tried different ways...eating 5-6 times a day was never satisfying, eating 3 square larger meals spread out didn't work for me either.

Then I tried eating later in the morning - around 10 or 11 and I knew I was getting somewhere.

Typically I have 2 breakfasts (2 -3 servings of fruit first followed by a filling breakfast such as a loaded omelette w/ hash browns a half hour later). Then I make a sizeable lunch and a small dinner and a dessert with no snacking during the day. I switch things up too with 1 large breakfast a small lunch and dinner etc.

I get 1800 - 2000 calories in 6 - 7 hours and I'm done for the day.

My eating window may increase on weekends if I go out to eat with friends or if my stomach need something at night. I was Intermittent Fasting before I was even aware of the term.

I really like this way of eating. I'm not grazing, I'm totally satisfied and I'm not thinking about food all day. Also my fat loss increased tremendously after eating this way.
  • lucystacy71
    lucystacy71 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Some mornings I'm hungry, so I eat a light breakfast.

Some mornings I'm not hungry (like this morning) so I don't eat breakfast.

I haven't really noticed a difference either way. I just listen to what my body is telling me.
  • PippiNe
    PippiNe Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I may be in the minority here, but I have always been a breakfast eater. I love cold cereal in the morning. My bowl usually has 2-3 "servings" of the cereal I'm eating. If I don't get my cereal for breakfast, I find myself craving carbs all day long. As long as I have my morning Cheerios or Quaker Oat Squares, I don't have those cravings for chips, crackers, bread etc. the rest of the day.
  • RobynUnfiltered
    RobynUnfiltered Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    It depends on what I eat. if I do lots of protein I am fine all day until lunch and lose more. if I choose carbs for breakfast I find I am starving all day.