Snacks That Burn Fat :)

Options

Replies

• trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Unicorn-farts.gif

what foods will make me fart raindows? can i get a list of those?
    Old_Trix_Box.jpg
    For starters.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Those are all fine snacks that will keep you full and give you some good fats and proteins, but they will not boost your metabolism or burn fat.

QFT
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Unicorn-farts.gif

I think I love you. :heart: :drinker:
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    1. Canned tuna on whole-wheat crackers - If you don't want to incorporate dairy into every snack, a can of tuna (packaged in water) is another great source of lean protein plus healthy Omega-3s. For about 200 calories, you can enjoy 3 ounces of light tuna and 6 whole-wheat crackers—complete with 3 grams of fiber and 20 grams of protein.

SIX WHOLE CRACKAS?! hells yes, I thought I could only eat 5 in order to burn fat. on that note.... is this fat burning thing the same as negative calories?

eta: negative calories like what happens with celery for all you non-believers
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Unicorn-farts.gif

Old_Trix_Box.jpg
    For starters.

LIES! my kid snacks on those all the time. no rainbow poop EVER.
  • tonynguyen75
    tonynguyen75 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    1. Canned tuna on whole-wheat crackers - If you don't want to incorporate dairy into every snack, a can of tuna (packaged in water) is another great source of lean protein plus healthy Omega-3s. For about 200 calories, you can enjoy 3 ounces of light tuna and 6 whole-wheat crackers—complete with 3 grams of fiber and 20 grams of protein.

SIX WHOLE CRACKAS?! hells yes, I thought I could only eat 5 in order to burn fat. on that note.... is this fat burning thing the same as negative calories?

Negative calories does not necessarily mean burning fat. If you're in a surplus, very little if any fat will be burnt.
  • Yeller_Sensation
    Yeller_Sensation Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    2a6owpd.jpg
  • FrauHaas2013
    FrauHaas2013 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I think maybe this is just a misinterpretation of words...by "snacks that burn fat" I think what it really means to say is "snacks that will help keep your metabolism up." These snacks will all certainly do that.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I think maybe this is just a misinterpretation of words...by "snacks that burn fat" I think what it really means to say is "snacks that will help keep your metabolism up." These snacks will all certainly do that.
    B069Ujo.gif
    IXUO5zJ.gif
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Once again, unfortunately, that is not true. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/820577-meal-frequency-rev-up-that-furnace-lol
    The snacks are just snacks, eat them if you like them, they won't burn fat or rev up your metabolism. They are simply fuel.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    thanks!

I was trying to jump start my weight loss

Just starting this site and helping to track my progress with the foods I eat and exercise

did it die like a car battery?
  • ndj1979
    Options

sorry, still wrong ...

snacking and metabolism have zero relationship...
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Once again, unfortunately, that is not true. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/820577-meal-frequency-rev-up-that-furnace-lol
    The snacks are just snacks, eat them if you like them, they won't burn fat or rev up your metabolism. They are simply fuel.

but I thought snacking was the lost Mayan secret to maximizing muscle gains and blasting fat?
  • robsonv
    robsonv Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Wow tough room...you guys are harsh!
    Always good to get some new snack ideas regardless of their "lack of magical powers" ;-) , gets boring eating the same thing all the time :)
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options

but I thought snacking was the lost Mayan secret to maximizing muscle gains and blasting fat?

Since their calendar only went through 2012, the powers stopped then.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options

Negative calories does not necessarily mean burning fat. If you're in a surplus, very little if any fat will be burnt.

sarcasm interpretation: ur doin it wrong.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Always good to get some new snack ideas regardless of their "lack of magical powers" ;-) , gets boring eating the same thing all the time :)

Its harsh to counter misinformation with facts...? Interesting notion...
  • ndj1979
    Options

Since their calendar only went through 2012, the powers stopped then.

so that's why it is not working for me anymore? Stupid Mayans and their stupid calendars...
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    New recipe ideas are always appreciated and the OP undoubtedly meant well, but there are lots of new people who read these forums for information. It would be doing them and the OP a disservice to not correct a myth. Are wikipedia editors being harsh when they go edit out an error made by a new user?
  • cozgrl05
    cozgrl05 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My apologies. I didn't realize this was a critique site, but hey thank you for making sure I understood these foods DO NOT burn fat. I was simply adding a few ideas from a site that stated they "burn fat". No big deal though. Hmmmm, wonder if I should go a inform the person who wrote the article??? They are leading the people in the wrong direction :)

BTW...is it common that when you lose weight you also lose manners and tact? Day 4 on the site...should I stay or should I go???Gezzz.