Snacks That Burn Fat :)

Options

Replies

• Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    My apologies. I didn't realize this was a critique site, but hey thank you for making sure I understood these foods DO NOT burn fat. I was simply adding a few ideas from a site that stated they "burn fat". No big deal though. Hmmmm, wonder if I should go a inform the person who wrote the article??? They are leading the people in the wrong direction :)

BTW...is it common that when you lose weight you also lose manners and tact? Gezzz.
    The Internet is full of BS. My Facebook page has 100 entries a day about 'foods that burn fat' and '5 foods to never eat' and ''55 yr old local mom lost 30lbs in 30 days' ...blahblahblah. But MFP is used by people who are looking to get factual advice and maybe it is not always provided in the most tactful manner, but at least it is provided. I've had my misconceptions set straight a time or two, but after all was said and done, I walked away grateful for the knowledge and with better tools to continue on my own journey. I hope you take the same from this and realize that people ARE trying to be helpful.
  • cozgrl05
    cozgrl05 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I think coming at a person who just started back on the site and giving them the riot act is BS. Had the first few people explained their "opinions" it would have been fine, but I'm sure the handful of others riding their coat tail to make sure I understood this was incorrect are, well we won't go there. I still have yet to see the evidence that foods do not help to burn fat. If they wanted to help with their input maybe they should have given me some informational links along with the cattiness. You think?
  • cozgrl05
    cozgrl05 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 - Please don't assume you know what kind of person I am, you don't. I am not one of those people that run to the drug store to try the latest diet fad. I hate putting drugs and crap like that into my body! Excuse me... "because they know that people like you will buy it...because you're just not into science....and then you'll buy all the rest of their BS too." ....uhhh are you serious? Let's back track, my post was simply a few recipe ideas, and oops...I accidentally posted what the writer stated. You know about as much as I do, deal with it.

"This is so friggin' easy and people just like to stupefy **** to the Nth degree...it's un-friggin' real." ...haha, hilarious!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I like to light the fat on fire and listen to it squeak.

Wait, what?
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    meh
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    My apologies. I didn't realize this was a critique site, but hey thank you for making sure I understood these foods DO NOT burn fat. I was simply adding a few ideas from a site that stated they "burn fat". No big deal though. Hmmmm, wonder if I should go a inform the person who wrote the article??? They are leading the people in the wrong direction :)

BTW...is it common that when you lose weight you also lose manners and tact? Day 4 on the site...should I stay or should I go???Gezzz.

It's not a "critique" site, but it IS a site in which people will correct information that is incorrect. Kinda like if my son thinks 2+2=5. I'm going to tell him, no, 2+2=4. That way he doesn't go through life with misinformation and misconceptions and constantly getting his math problems wrong. And yes, you may want to let the person who wrote the article. They're wrong.

And if you are going to let something as simple as some people correcting your misinformation cause you to debate whether or not to stay on the site....well....best of luck. :ohwell:
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    So what snacks burn fat?
    Drain cleaner.... though I wouldn't recommend it
  • tammycarr1441
    Options
    Omg calm down everyone....we all have the same goal (should I dare assume) so what if you don't like what is posted.......does it really affect your life if someone you have never even met makes a harsh judgment against something you posted? I can only hope that our lives are fuller than this forum.
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    I think maybe this is just a misinterpretation of words...by "snacks that burn fat" I think what it really means to say is "snacks that will help keep your metabolism up." These snacks will all certainly do that.

sorry, still wrong ...

snacking and metabolism have zero relationship...

Largely correct, but eating does have an effect on metabolism through TEF... just thought I'd put that in there before the **** slinging started :bigsmile:
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    I still have yet to see the evidence that foods do not help to burn fat.

Do some research on the laws of thermodynamics and then try to explain how snacking and in particular, certain foods would burn fat. This is science. The "health and fitness" industry is absolutely full of BS...because they know that people like you will buy it...because you're just not into science....and then you'll buy all the rest of their BS too. Have fun shelling your wallet out for raspberry ketones in the near future...that's the path you're headed.

This is so friggin' easy and people just like to stupefy **** to the Nth degree...it's un-friggin' real.

What law of thermodynamics are you citing?----just for my edification.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Omg calm down everyone....we all have the same goal (should I dare assume) so what if you don't like what is posted.......does it really affect your life if someone you have never even met makes a harsh judgment against something you posted? I can only hope that our lives are fuller than this forum.

You have literally no idea what everyone's goals are.

Just saying.

Literally. Seriously.
  • jackielou867
    jackielou867 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Lol this has made most interesting reading so far today. So many crabby pants got out of the wrong side of the bed today. Whilst you may all think you are right, and tho OP wrong, you didn't all have to be so blunt and nasty. What's the matter, would a polite reply have taken too long to type. The title of the thread is misleading, but as the OP explains, she has just read this somewhere and thought it was interesting enough to share.
    I used to be a person who snacked hourly on cake, chocolate, toast and jam etc.....and was always still hungry. Now I eat 6 times a day nutritious, high GI low carb options like the ones mentioned, I am no longer hungry all the time, and I lost weight and gained energy.
    Maybe title should say delicious snacks that will help you keep to a calorie deficit without depriving yourself of essential nutrients your body needs while burning fat.
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Sounds good. Please tell us how it goes.
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Hey guys.

You are all totally missing the point.

fat-burning-chocolate7.jpg
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lfk7bhIdu11qfil53o1_500_zps1100a8b6.gif
  • HollieDollieeeex
    HollieDollieeeex Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    what foods will make me fart raindows? can i get a list of those?
    [/quote]

HILARIOUS:laugh:
  • marilou0511
    marilou0511 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing:flowerforyou:
  • LumpySpacePrincess1
    Options
    Instead of getting a haemorrhoid over being corrected, you should be grateful that you learned something new.
    You act as if this is the first time you've ever been wrong in your life.
    If being told that shrimp crackers don't boost metabolism sends you into a meltdown, then maybe you need to put on some big girl magic Mormon panties and simmer down.
    Goosfraba!
  • maryjaquiss
    maryjaquiss Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Burn fat or not, love some of the ideas here, so thank you!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Lol this has made most interesting reading so far today. So many crabby pants got out of the wrong side of the bed today. Whilst you may all think you are right, and tho OP wrong, you didn't all have to be so blunt and nasty. What's the matter, would a polite reply have taken too long to type. The title of the thread is misleading, but as the OP explains, she has just read this somewhere and thought it was interesting enough to share.
    I used to be a person who snacked hourly on cake, chocolate, toast and jam etc.....and was always still hungry. Now I eat 6 times a day nutritious, high GI low carb options like the ones mentioned, I am no longer hungry all the time, and I lost weight and gained energy.
    Maybe title should say delicious snacks that will help you keep to a calorie deficit without depriving yourself of essential nutrients your body needs while burning fat.

sorry, but if no one would have corrected the OP then some newbie would of come in here and been like "oh, I can eat this snack and burn fat" then they would post a thread in a month asking why they are snacking but not losing any more wight ...

and if some of us had some fun and laughs with it, what concern is it of yours..it is a public forum...maybe OP should of researched this a bit more before cutting and pasting something from an online fitness article....