Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Check his text messages.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Did you tell him that he upset you or did you come straight to the message boards?
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Did you tell him that he upset you or did you come straight to the message boards?

Ugh. Another man and his stoopid logic.

That's too easy!
  • MacInCali
    MacInCali Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    A few months ago I told my husband I was thinking about signing up for a Zombie Run.

My husband's response: That's just stupid, you're too old to be doing stuff like that. (I'm 41)

Result: I'm doing a Zombie Run on September 28th.

My point: YOU know what YOU are capable of. Ask her.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,994 Member
    Options
    eeeeekkkkk!!! Themz "fighting words", for sure!

Surely there's a website out there, somewhere, called "A$$hat things my husband says...."

Please add your blog to THAT website (too!).

(((OP)))
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I'm sure he didn't mean to hurt your feelings, OP. It was just a comment that you were sensitive to. If the woman is actually more fit than you are, he might actually have a point, but you should ask her anyway. Maybe she would prefer having company.
  • lawkat
    lawkat Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    You did say you hurt yourself. Do you think that he was taking that into consideration and that he wasn't thinking that you can't keep up? Did you even ask him what he meant by that instead of storming off and posting on here? What ever happened to talking a person to sort things out instead of seething and getting upset over nothing? It is nothing. I guarantee he hasn't thought about what he said after he said it. Move on. It isn't worth it.
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I'm sure he didn't mean to hurt your feelings, OP. It was just a comment that you were sensitive to. If the woman is actually more fit than you are, he might actually have a point, but you should ask her anyway. Maybe she would prefer having company.
    Really? Have you ever as a fit person said to someone less fit "no - I don't want to go walking with you?" I have NEVER met someone who was into fitness not want to support someone else's fitness. He is jerk - bottom line. This is not a "does this dress make me look fat question" where you open yourself up for truth- this was a slap in the face. I stand by my original comment - NOT VERY SUPPORTIVE!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Men are too logical for their own good.

You should chop his balls off. After all, you are adopting and have no use for them.

:heart:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    A few months ago I told my husband I was thinking about signing up for a Zombie Run.

My husband's response: That's just stupid, you're too old to be doing stuff like that. (I'm 41)

Result: I'm doing a Zombie Run on September 28th.

My point: YOU know what YOU are capable of. Ask her.

You get one, too! :heart:
  • TeresaMarie46
    TeresaMarie46 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Proper response: gee honey, by that rationale .... I shouldn't be hanging out with you!

^^^THIS^^^
  • MelRC117
    MelRC117 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Really? Have you ever as a fit person said to someone less fit "no - I don't want to go walking with you?" I have NEVER met someone who was into fitness not want to support someone else's fitness. He is jerk - bottom line. This is not a "does this dress make me look fat question" where you open yourself up for truth- this was a slap in the face. I stand by my original comment - NOT VERY SUPPORTIVE!
    Um, you're being dramatic. I'm sure your husband is just so perfect and says the right thing all the time.

OP - We've all said things that we didn't mean how they came out. You could've just said right then and there why what he said wasn't cool and how it hurt your feelings.
  • Randyamc
    Randyamc Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I love some of the responses to this one. Yeah... yeah... you can argue that all he said to the OP was the truth... but...

That makes me wonder how well you get on with the women in your lives. Every man should know what a callous remark that would be.

Now, go sit in the corner and think about what you said! :smile:
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    He's being logical. You're being emotional.

Women are from Venus, Men are from Mars.

You're both right.

/thread
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

No, I haven't. That doesn't mean that someone who is really into fitness and has limited time with which to work out would want to have to adjust their pace to accommodate someone else's ability. In fact, I have seen threads about that very situation on this site. I'm sure that is what, for a split second, crossed his mind. He is her partner. He isn't trying to be difficult. He saw the situation from one perspective and she saw it from another one.
  • zeebruhgirl
    zeebruhgirl Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I'm sure he loves you putting this out on the internet trying to make him seem like an *kitten*.
  • Bownzi
    Bownzi Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!! Thats brutal..... does look like you described now??? If I toldthat to my wife I would not be married...I would be hurting..LOL
  • DrunkenFaeGirl
    Options
    I read what your husband said to you to mine. His jaw dropped and he said that if he said that to me he'd be expecting a knee to the groin (no I've never done that to him). He was raised by a single mother and 3 older sister so the idea of being rude or disrespectful to women, especially his wife is astounding to him. I hope that your husband realizes what he said and apologizes to you. You don't deserve that sort of callus comment.
  • iamanadult
    iamanadult Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I have NEVER met someone who was into fitness not want to support someone else's fitness.E!

Oh hi, I'm Carlos. Nice to meet you.!

I'm not wasting my workout time (which I have to fight my busy schedule for) working out with someone who is going to slow me down. I would feel obligated to slow down and wait for them which would make me feel like I didn't go as hard as I could thus making it a waste.
  • DrunkenFaeGirl
    Options
    I'm sure he loves you putting this out on the internet trying to make him seem like an *kitten*.

I'm sure that you're perfect and have a perfect life with a perfect partner with no need to vent at all ever, however, she has every right to post for some other perspectives. If he doesn't like it he could not act like a great *kitten* to his wife in the future.