Pregnant weightlifter

Options
13»

Replies

• HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    My only concern is this: I'm curious as to how the increased size of the lower abdomen affects her center of gravity/equilibrium and range of motion during specific exercises. Would it make her more prone to lower back injuries as a result? I don't know, but I would see it as a concern.

Your centre of gravity would shift, however, you don't suddenly get a massive bump straight away. Training regularly I'd assume she's used to excellent form and would gradually adjust to the changes in her body. That combined with a lowering of weight, and not pushing herself to the limits (no 1RM's etc) would mean that she's probably better able to control the weight that one would think.

Lower back aches etc are common in pregnancy. I've never carried a child, but wouldn't strengthening your back (pre and during pregnancy) make you less likely to injure it?
  • MrsBobaFett
    MrsBobaFett Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Amazing!
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Has anyone noticed how bulky she is?

Isn't she afraid her baby will be bulky?
  • pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Really cool.
  • CassandraBurgos83
    CassandraBurgos83 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Here's another tid bit of info for you... In order for her to be this muscular/fit or as some have said "bulky" she has to be eating a great deal of protein..Now even lean protein has some fat-the fat and protein, once again help her child along with the exercise-added benefits for both momma and baby.
  • maillemaker
    maillemaker Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    I don't see the problem. My gut looks just like that when I do squats! :)
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I don't see the problem. My gut looks just like that when I do squats! :)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I'm amazed she can do any of this. When I was 8 months pregnant I could no longer put my own socks on. Also, how does she not just tip right over? I felt so tippy when I was pregnant.