Replies

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Huh?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Wow...exit OP, enter trolls. Have a nice day.

Because people aren't rallying behind your post, they are trolls?

I know this is motivation and support, but if someone doesn't agree, they are still allowed to voice said disagreement.....especially when something is wrong and hypocritical.
  • aliciap412
    aliciap412 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I'd like to throw bacon in there but that sounds a little too hardcore. Topless bacon frying?

I'd protest for bacon, boobs, and coffee

I'm about to call this place and ask if they serve bacon
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

Nope. Trolls are dishonest. I'm pretty sure that many of us honesty love bewbs.
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I'm sure the rest of your post is insightful but I stopped at "nude espresso shop" WTF!!!!

nah. "Nude espresso shop" was pretty much the only part worth reading.
  • DanIsACyclingFool
    DanIsACyclingFool Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I think I was just called a troll! :sad:
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    the more weight I lost the more confident I became in my own body, I do not care if someone wants to serve coffee half naked that is their choice. I think the more confident people are in their own body the less offended they are by others bodies, chances are it will be people that are confident in their own skin that will be customers at this place, hell I would go get a cup and it would have nothing to do with the eye candy and everything to do with the fact that nudity do's not bother me.
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    OP now deleted her unpopular OP. Can a rage quit be far behind?
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options

Um, just because people don't agree with your hypocrisy, doesn't make them trolls.
  • feelin_gr_8
    feelin_gr_8 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Having your own opinion = human

mocking someone elses = troll

Just in case we were having difficulty understanding the difference (I tried to be respectful in my post, it's not like I called those flaunting their bodies nasty names, just didn't approve of the method)
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    c8f587309cf7bd27c204f152bc7de157.jpg
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    More accurate description would be "topless", not "nude".

Random fact: in many jurisdictions, it is against the law to serve alcohol *and* have nudity in the same establishment...so a popular approach is juice bar strip clubs. Perhaps this is a twist on that approach.
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    And if you do not want kids seeing it then do not bring them there.
  • DanIsACyclingFool
    DanIsACyclingFool Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    OP now deleted her unpopular OP. Can a rage quit be far behind?

I'm pretty sure that's what it was! :noway:
  • aliciap412
    aliciap412 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    you actually gave us a cool story about how you learned to be ashamed of your body by being fat, and so you think everyone, even confident people who flaunt their bodies should also be ashamed of their bodies.

and by cool, I mean sad.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

I feel like you don't know what troll means. It's cool, I got you Boo.

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog), either accidentally[3][4] or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[5] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[6]

No one here is off-topic or trying to sow discord (Except maybe you with your body shaming protests. Tsk. Tsk.) and while you may find people commenting on your glaring hypocrisy upsetting, no one is trying to upset you on purpose, ergo not trolling.

Words mean things. Thank you for your time and attention.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    We're not trolls. You posted one of the most blatant pieces of hypocrisy MFP has ever seen.

It's not name calling if you are, in fact, a hypocrite. Don't like the title? Get some introspection.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Having your own opinion = human

mocking someone elses = troll

Just in case we were having difficulty understanding the difference (I tried to be respectful in my post, it's not like I called those flaunting their bodies nasty names, just didn't approve of the method)

Right. Sure. Respectful, 'cause you respect your body more than those skinny chicks . . .and then . . . oh, you deleted your OP . . .

Hypocritical self righteous indignation cuts both ways.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    you actually gave us a cool story about how you learned to be ashamed of your body by being fat, and so you think everyone, even confident people who flaunt their bodies should also be ashamed of their bodies.

and by cool, I mean sad.

don't forget all the judgements about how skinny people lack perspective and aren't loved for who they are!
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    Options
    After some limited research, I am sad to report that this "nude" coffee shop is not, in fact, nude.

It is merely topless.

While living in DC, I witnessed many, many protests.

One protest stands out in my mind like no other. While sitting in a coffee shop near Dupont Circle, we watched thousands of women protesters walk by chanting some protest-y stuff. I think it had to do with feminism, family values, tolerance, love, gay rights, peace and children and junk like that.

All of them were buck-*kitten* naked. Except shoes. They had to be wearing shoes. Well, um, if I'd looked down, I think I might have seen some shoes. Actually, I don't know if they were wearing shoes. And I don't know if they were protesting. Because, um. Naked. Women. Street. Thousands of them.

Did I mention the thousands of naked women walking right down the street?

Sigh. I miss Washington, DC. Nothing cool like that ever happens here.
This discussion has been closed.