Why I'm thankful I'm fat....

Options

Replies

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    ETA: Hope you trolls enjoy your go.

*This* is why it's important for at least one person to quote OP when it's as debatable/controversial/hypocritical as this one.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options

*This* is why it's important for at least one person to quote OP when it's as debatable/controversial/hypocritical as this one.

+1

I feel so left out :sad:
  • DanIsACyclingFool
    DanIsACyclingFool Posts: 417 Member
    Options

Sigh. I miss Washington, DC. Nothing cool like that ever happens here.

Life is what we make of it. Wanna go halves on a coffee shop?
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    After some limited research, I am sad to report that this "nude" coffee shop is not, in fact, nude.

It is merely topless.

While living in DC, I witnessed many, many protests.

One protest stands out in my mind like no other. While sitting in a coffee shop near Dupont Circle, we watched thousands of women protesters walk by chanting some protest-y stuff. I think it had to do with feminism, family values, tolerance, love, gay rights, peace and children and junk like that.

All of them were buck-*kitten* naked. Except shoes. They had to be wearing shoes. Well, um, if I'd looked down, I think I might have seen some shoes. Actually, I don't know if they were wearing shoes. And I don't know if they were protesting. Because, um. Naked. Women. Street. Thousands of them.

Did I mention the thousands of naked women walking right down the street?

Sigh. I miss Washington, DC. Nothing cool like that ever happens here.

I approve of this post. I really miss a good protest - as long as it has good intentions of course, unlike the OP... :)
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options

Good point, Jof, because all I can get from this topic is that there is a nude (or rather topless) espresso shop and the "non judgmental" OP is protesting because they are skinny and not loved and attention *kitten*. See, with the original post deleted, I don't believe I can give a fair assessment of the OP's perspective here and I am left to piece things together from the comments.
  • BathtubBadger
    BathtubBadger Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    "Bare feet are more erotic than bare breasts, but most people don't realize it." Lazarus Long et al (R.A.Heinlein)

:heart: For quoting Heinlein
  • DanIsACyclingFool
    Options

Good point, Jof, because all I can get from this topic is that there is a nude (or rather topless) espresso shop and the "non judgmental" OP is protesting because they are skinny and not loved and attention *kitten*. See, with the original post deleted, I don't believe I can give a fair assessment of the OP's perspective here and I am left to piece things together from the comments.

I think she also hated bacon, but I'm not sure.
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options

And puppies. She was definitely anti-puppy.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    just topless is all. Kids see way more then that on TV and the internet these days. No one under 18 allowed in. Security at door checking ID's. $30.00 to $100.00 tips? Just one question.

Where do I apply!?!
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Wow...exit OP, enter trolls. Have a nice day.

Um, just because people don't agree with your hypocrisy, doesn't make them trolls.

Exactly.

Plus, when one person thinks you're a hypocrite, that's their opinion. When everybody in a 3 page thread is calling you a hypocrite, you might want to do a little self reflection.
  • mmipanda
    mmipanda Posts: 351 Member
    Options

+1

I feel so left out :sad:
    :ohwell: sry

OP went to a protest against a topless cafe. photos were posted on a news site and commenters said that the protesters were just jealous because they were fat.

OP then said that she is grateful to be fat because her husband loves her for who she is & doesn't need to worry about him leaving her after having a baby & getting fat. And that she knows how to be non-judgemental better than skinny people, something to do with riding a bicycle....er i forget the rest.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Having your own opinion = human

mocking someone elses = troll

Just in case we were having difficulty understanding the difference (I tried to be respectful in my post, it's not like I called those flaunting their bodies nasty names, just didn't approve of the method)

What, are you French Press or bust?
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options

You pretty much hit the nail on the head. Good job for summarizing it, without even seeing it. The only part I *might* be able to understand is that the topless women were visible from the street where children were able to view them. Then again, the other logical thought to that would be to just not take your kids in there. Also, I can't think of any restaurant where the inside is viewable from the outside, so I think there may be exaggerations at play.

I think it's more about the OP being butthurt about skinny women being unashamed of themselves rather than protecting children.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I want to apply at a bottomless coffee shop.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

And harp seals. Something was in there about clubbing baby seals.

Although, I never understood how they weren't always carded at the entrance. meh
  • mmipanda
    mmipanda Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    and lets not even talk about how rubbish it is that boobs have become so sexualised that they're considered inappropriate, but guys are allowed to be topless all they want.

Everyone should be allowed to be topless :(
  • VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Having your own opinion = human

mocking someone elses = troll

Just in case we were having difficulty understanding the difference (I tried to be respectful in my post, it's not like I called those flaunting their bodies nasty names, just didn't approve of the method)

Cue "MFP is full of trolls and bullies thread" 3 ... 2 .... 1 ....
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    and lets not even talk about how rubbish it is that boobs have become so sexualised that they're considered inappropriate, but guys are allowed to be topless all they want.

Everyone should be allowed to be topless :(

In for equal opportunity toplessness
  • DanIsACyclingFool
    Options

And harp seals. Something was in there about clubbing baby seals.

Although, I never understood how they weren't always carded at the entrance. meh

I think it was topless harp seals, not harp seals in general.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I want to apply at a bottomless coffee shop.

I'd get pretty jittery.
This discussion has been closed.