How many calories did you eat in a day before MFP?

Options

Replies

• Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I wonder sometimes. Probably 3,000 - 3,500 on average.
  • MaryRegs
    MaryRegs Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    way too many...and I am still surprised (after a year and a half) that I am satisfied by my now 1430....it is all about the choices
  • Grafakos
    Grafakos Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    At least 3000, and substantially more if there was beer involved. :noway:
  • MuskCats
    MuskCats Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Around 2000-2100 each day, never ever worked out...Shame!
  • FatBurningMachine77
    Options
    Sheeeesh! I would say 4-5000 a day because I ate Buffalo Wings atleast twice a week...YIKES! Thankful for MFP!!!
  • Lichent
    Lichent Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    way to many way way to many
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,812 Member
    Options
    about 3500+ a day, Im amazed I didnt gain more then I did

My coffee alone was about 500 cals a day, thats with about 2 tbsp per cup of coffee of french vanilla creamer (35 cals a tbsp), and that was about 8 cups a day, now I use original creamer (15 cals a tbsp) and only 1 tbsp per cup
  • FJcntdwn2sknyluv
    FJcntdwn2sknyluv Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I was curious about this yesterday, so last night I sat and added one of my usual binge type days to my MFP diary. It's accurate as far as I can figure. I've been doing this just over a month and lost 15lbs, next weigh in Sunday, and I wanted to know just where I'd have been without MFP. It was a bit of a shock. My diary is open and I performed my experiment on the 4th July for anyone who is interested. Now I know why I almost hit 300lbs!

How about you?

4500-5000/calories a day!... I logged a typical day and was shocked!.. no wonder I gained 25lbs in 2 months..o.O... but now that I've got the binge/stress/emotional eating under control. I'm down to a nice 1300-1500/day and 120lbs lighter I'm MUCH happier!:)
  • marianb2001
    marianb2001 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I was the opposite, I barely even made 1200 calories. Eating like that for years messed up my metabolism and I piled on weight when I was pregnant!

I was with you - about 400 to 900 per day. With pizza binges once a week. I know now how I got an extra thirty pounds.
  • stillnot2late
    stillnot2late Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    prob 3000, and I exercised all day trying to burn it off and never lost an ounce, just maintained at the 30 I had gained!
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    too many.
  • bernied262
    bernied262 Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    weekdays, about 1800. Weekends, easily 3500. The only exercise I got then was walking the dog.
  • bvincentelp
    bvincentelp Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm sure there were some 4000+ days, specially when that day included a whole bottle of Chocovino - almost 1900 calories in that small bottle.
  • stillnot2late
    stillnot2late Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I was curious about this yesterday, so last night I sat and added one of my usual binge type days to my MFP diary. It's accurate as far as I can figure. I've been doing this just over a month and lost 15lbs, next weigh in Sunday, and I wanted to know just where I'd have been without MFP. It was a bit of a shock. My diary is open and I performed my experiment on the 4th July for anyone who is interested. Now I know why I almost hit 300lbs!

How about you?

4500-5000/calories a day!... I logged a typical day and was shocked!.. no wonder I gained 25lbs in 2 months..o.O... but now that I've got the binge/stress/emotional eating under control. I'm down to a nice 1300-1500/day and 120lbs lighter I'm MUCH happier!:)

AWESOME!
  • Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    It wasn't that I was eating any more than I am now... I was that I JUST DIDN'T DO ANYTHING!!
    300 to 600 Calories a day burned exercising makes a HUGE diference.
  • mikeykhan2003
    Options
    What you really don't want to do is caculate in pizzas how overweight you were. Hint: I was a lot of pizzas overweight.
  • fatoldladyonamission
    Options
    I didn't even think about alcoholic calories in my experiment, and I'd guess Baileys has a fair few calories too. Whoops! Mikey, I don't think I could fit all the pizzas I weigh in my house - and it's a pretty big house too :(
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Over 10,000 calories a day at my heaviest @ 560lbs. after losing 312 lbs. I have been in maintenance 1 week shy of a year at 4000 calories a day.....
  • AllyCatXandi
    AllyCatXandi Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Well, I just typed my old stats into a TDEE calculator and it came out with around 2,400 calories per day.
    Which is interesting, since my current one is around 2,100 (well, not at the moment since my life is currently revolving around sleep, painkillers, and soup - courtesy of my dental surgeon).

It's worth pointing out though that I put on the weight pretty slowly, a small but consistent surplus over a number of years.
  • fatoldladyonamission
    Options
    Over 10,000 calories a day at my heaviest @ 560lbs. after losing 312 lbs. I have been in maintenance 1 week shy of a year at 4000 calories a day.....
    [/quote

Wow Ed, that's amazing! Saying well done just isn't enough for that kind of a loss! Wow is all I can say. You must feel so much better now :) ]