The most you lost in a week?

Options
This is so weird. I've been trucking along since mid July, losing a pound every week or two and perfectly fine with that. Suddenly......this week......I've lost over 3 lb in one week. Now if it were the 1st week I would think water loss due to lower sodium, etc. But no, I've been doing things pretty much the same. Every day I get on the scales I am like 1/2 lb lighter.....those of you who have been on long weight loss journeys: is this normal? Might it possibly last a few weeks? oh please please please ....

Replies

• LaddiDhaliwal
    LaddiDhaliwal Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    It is ok in My case in last 4 months sometimes in a single week i loose less than a pound but there was a week I lost about 5 pounds.
  • R_Bedard
    R_Bedard Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about it unless it is happening all the time. Most of the summer I lost .5 -1.5lbs a week which is good. Suddenly this week I lost over 4. As long as it is not happening all the time, I am not worried. When you consistently lose 4 pounds per week that is too much. I aim for 1-2 lbs a week.
  • davypr86
    davypr86 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I lose around 1-2 lbs. a week. The most I have lost in a week is 7.4 lbs. But that is when I started the Focus T-25. During the first week you are supposed to eat accordingly with a Fast Track nutrition plan that is suppose to jump start your weight loss.
  • Focusedjessy
    Focusedjessy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    This week I have lost 7lbs. That's because it's my first week back on track after slacking all summer. I have eaten well and exercised daily. I am not expecting to keep losing at this rate.
  • bmramsey0614
    bmramsey0614 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    WHen I first began my weightloss journey I would lose 4 lbs a week for a few weeks at a time and then lose only half a pound or even gain a pound some weeks. I think it is perfectly normal!
  • Mini_horse_lover
    Mini_horse_lover Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    According to my scales I lost 2 kilos this week. I think they are faulty though.
  • Nikoruo
    Nikoruo Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    i think the highest i've lost in a week is 8lbs, but it was mostly water weight for lack of water in my diet
  • bernied262
    bernied262 Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    the week after my TOM, i always lost abut 3lbs. Other than that, I was pretty stable in weight loss (in maintenance now).
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    I got sick and lost like 18 lbs in 2 days.
  • crevices
    crevices Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    i lost 4-5 pounds on a week that i was actually eating a lot more than usual (stayed at my cousins house), i was 90% certain in my head that id gain at least a pound but i ended up losing it was great.
  • KathryneJY
    KathryneJY Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    The most I have lost in a week is 6 lbs. Crazily enough, it was the week I went on an 8 day kayak trip and I ate like crazy (and got lots of exercise just hauling gear and boats). I guess my body got all confused and shed the pounds.
  • jessmcanulty
    jessmcanulty Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    My first week on mfp I lost 7kgs but I think most of that was water retention. Now I lose anywhere from 0.5-2kgs a week. I work out at the gym doing cardio 7 days a week and do strength training 4 days a week and I have just started the 30 day shred.
  • mel_2812
    mel_2812 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I've been back on track for almost 7 weeks now.

And this week is the week I lost the most...3.2 lbs!

I usually lose about between 1 and 2 lbs per week.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    You probably experienced a swooch lol....don't worry about it, it will compensate for the frustrating week ;)
  • Mitzigan94
    Mitzigan94 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • CaliforniaBarbie
    CaliforniaBarbie Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    the most i lost was 10 pounds in 10 days, so about a pound a day.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    that's happened to me a few times, but usually when that happens I lose less for the next couple weeks! my weight loss is lamost never consistent though, not even a steady lb a week, but I'm also not consistent every week either so I expect that.
  • Orfygirl
    Orfygirl Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I go through spells where I won't lose anything or lose only less than 0.5 lbs and then all of a sudden one week I will drop 4 or 5 lbs in a week. Then the cycle repeats itself. I figure as long as it is not a consistent 4 or 5 lbs every week for a month then I'm ok.
  • Trueray
    Trueray Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    8lbs
  • fatmaama
    fatmaama Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I lost 12 pounds this week. All I did was cut out the fat and light exercise. I'm over 300 pound also. Today is day 1 of 30 day shred so maybe I'll lose more next week.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!