The most you lost in a week?

2»

Replies

• Fkika3131
    Fkika3131 Posts: 208 Member
    I lost 12 pounds this week. All I did was cut out the fat and light exercise. I'm over 300 pound also. Today is day 1 of 30 day shred so maybe I'll lose more next week.

Congratulations
  • fatmaama
    fatmaama Posts: 7 Member
    Thanks hun!
  • dublin777
    dublin777 Posts: 10 Member
    Can you tell me what the thirty day shred is please?
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    I don't know, but stranger things have happened.
  • I lost 12 pounds this week. All I did was cut out the fat and light exercise. I'm over 300 pound also. Today is day 1 of 30 day shred so maybe I'll lose more next week.

WAY TO GO GIRL !!! THE MOST I EVER LOST WAS 10 IN WEEK. THE MORE WATER I DRINK AND EXERCISE HELPS ME :)
  • kaseysospacey
    kaseysospacey Posts: 499 Member
    Not counting losing like 25 lbs having a baby haha...about 7 lbs. But it was a lot from losing excess water I'm sure.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    I lost 6lb in 2 days with gastroenteritis....

I lost about 35lb flab the slow and steady way, and it's stayed off (apart from a small amount I gained while bulking, which I did intentionally)

fast fat loss isn't what you should be aiming for, the human body burns fat slowly. Big losses in short periods of time are water weight and glycogen. Like when I got gastroenteritis. Aim for slow and steady losses, then it's much more likely to be 100% fat that you're losing, and it'll be a lot easier to keep it off long term.
  • WisiPls
    WisiPls Posts: 359
    about 7 lbs, mostly water weight and lack of carbs, (start of cut last year)
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Not counting losing like 25 lbs having a baby haha...about 7 lbs. But it was a lot from losing excess water I'm sure.

if you count having a baby then I lost about 2 stone in 1 week (1 stone = 14lb) I had to be enduced for pre-eclampsia, prior to that I totally swelled up with extreme water retention, I was hospitalised and the baby was induced. The week that I gave birth, I lost all the weight associated with the baby (baby, placenta, amniotic fluid etc) plus I lost all the water weight I'd gained due to pre-eclampsia over the few days after giving birth. That was an awful lot of water.
  • fatmaama
    I lost 12 pounds this week. All I did was cut out the fat and light exercise. I'm over 300 pound also. Today is day 1 of 30 day shred so maybe I'll lose more next week.

WAY TO GO GIRL !!! THE MOST I EVER LOST WAS 10 IN WEEK. THE MORE WATER I DRINK AND EXERCISE HELPS ME :)

I agree. The more water I drink the fuller I feel. Plus ice cold water burns calories haha.
  • fatmaama
    Can you tell me what the thirty day shred is please?

Here's a YouTube link of the workout. You can get the DVD at Walmart fit about 10 bucks. I sent you a message too ;)
  • minionofevil
    minionofevil Posts: 79 Member
    that happened to me this week! I haven't changed my diet or exercise, but i suddenly lost 4lbs in 6 days!
  • katorihanzo
    katorihanzo Posts: 234 Member
    I agree with others, I think it's normal - and awesome. My average weight loss is 1 - 1.5 lbs per week. But twice since June I've lost 2.5 or 3 lbs over the week. Like you, I'll lose .5 lbs everyday for 5 days or so. I'm not sure why it happens and if it happened every week I'd be worried.

It usually stays off for me. When I lose a whole pound or two *overnight* I always know it won't stay off. I usually gain it back the next day and then I'll be back down to that weight in a week or week and a half.

ETA: It also depends on how much you weigh. If you weigh over 300lbs or so it wouldn't be crazy at all to lose 4-5 lbs a week. I weigh 173 and I lose 1-1.5 lbs a week which is average and ideal.
  • NordicAlien
    NordicAlien Posts: 110 Member
    8lbs last week, after being put on a special plan by my dietician. Probably mostly water, although I drank tons of it. 2lbs this week, and I'm surprised I even lost that. *shrug*

After a big trauma about 4 years ago, I lost 38 or 39 lbs in a month...that's about 9lbs a week I think. No idea how - I thought I was eating pretty normally. Stress just does that to some people I guess. It happened once before (when I was 15) also after a traumatic event.

Most of the time if I lose 1-2 lbs, I consider myself lucky. At my weight (276lbs as of today) 2lbs a week is fine; if you're lighter then 0.5lbs, 1lb, 1.5lbs a week is healthy, or so I'm told.

(Edited since I accidentally hit the post button too soon.)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!