MFP Fitspiration!

Options

Replies

• cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    This is my favorite post. You all have done such an amazing job - not just with your journey but finding pictures and words to capture it that the rest of us can carry with us.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Here's mine...these kids aren't light, and they like to be "lifted"!

b66e3d30-39ff-4cc4-931a-16ca6d69209e.jpg
    Fantastic!
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Bump.:happy:
  • Lifeisgood4
    Lifeisgood4 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • progressnotperfection84
    Options
    Bumping for all the AWESOME!
  • Kookyk9s
    Kookyk9s Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Just found this thread - love it. Getting tired of whining, complaining and excuses so this is wonderful.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Best Thread on MFP!!
  • Nickle526
    Nickle526 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    In for the awesome!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    24c168a1-4758-4600-960d-a9e1de4286a4_zpsebccc005.jpg

For some reason this made me burst out crying.

God Bless! Congratulations. I LOVE the wedding theme! LOVE :love:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Mir......

I am going to have my daughter take a few pix for me and work on my own fitspiration!

But for YOU, I want you to know........I started reading a simple thread with some pictures. Memes? Quotes? This old feeling lady didn't know what they were called, but they hit me like a ton of bricks.

One never knows what will take them out of their lethargy, or depression (for me) or state of inability. THIS thread was that for me.

Since reading this thread, and quite honestly there was one picture with a young woman hooked up to life support and another with a severe health issue, both now kicking azz, that made me look at myself in the mirror......

anyway since then I am working out every day. more than that I am looking at my self in a different light. That is what I take away from this thread. Each is in a different part of their journey, all are feeling differently about themselves.

THEY CAN!

I CAN!!

So off I go to do my push ups and squats. Started on the wall, now down to the footboard of my bed and the squats I don't hold on. Added planks (thankyouverymuch MIR) AND I have begun to dance around my house again. That is my JOY returning!

Someday I will put up a picture here. Why? Because it may be the one that makes someone get up and walk to the stop sign like this one did me!
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Mir......

I am going to have my daughter take a few pix for me and work on my own fitspiration!

But for YOU, I want you to know........I started reading a simple thread with some pictures. Memes? Quotes? This old feeling lady didn't know what they were called, but they hit me like a ton of bricks.

One never knows what will take them out of their lethargy, or depression (for me) or state of inability. THIS thread was that for me.

Since reading this thread, and quite honestly there was one picture with a young woman hooked up to life support and another with a severe health issue, both now kicking azz, that made me look at myself in the mirror......

anyway since then I am working out every day. more than that I am looking at my self in a different light. That is what I take away from this thread. Each is in a different part of their journey, all are feeling differently about themselves.

THEY CAN!

I CAN!!

So off I go to do my push ups and squats. Started on the wall, now down to the footboard of my bed and the squats I don't hold on. Added planks (thankyouverymuch MIR) AND I have begun to dance around my house again. That is my JOY returning!

Someday I will put up a picture here. Why? Because it may be the one that makes someone get up and walk to the stop sign like this one did me!

Thank you so much for this! You have me in tears! The amazingness of the people on this site knows no limit, is about time they themselves realized it!

:heart: :heart:

I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOURS!
  • CeleryStalker
    CeleryStalker Posts: 665 Member
    Options

Thank you :) We got married at the starting line of the MS150. Ronnie Shirley (from the tv show Lizard Lick towing) was our minister. It was a great day :D
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Three years ago, this hike kicked my *kitten*:
    27445807_8667.jpg
    (I'm wearing the white shirt)

2 weeks ago, I kicked this one:
    27445807_1944.jpg
    (I'm taking this pic, not in it)
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Love it!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

Do they attach themselves to your ankle and demand to be pulled along "like a snail"?
  • charmarbobar
    charmarbobar Posts: 251 Member
    Options

Do they attach themselves to your ankle and demand to be pulled along "like a snail"?

Oh yeah....my daughter calls herself my "ankle bracelet" when she does this. They also like to use my body for gymnastics, ie: doing somersaults, while I'm lying on my back, over my knees (towards my head) so I have to lift them/help flip them around up over my head....they love it!
  • MireyGal76
    Options

Oh yeah....my daughter calls herself my "ankle bracelet" when she does this. They also like to use my body for gymnastics, ie: doing somersaults, while I'm lying on my back, over my knees (towards my head) so I have to lift them/help flip them around up over my head....they love it!

I do this too! They call it "Mommy Olympics" haha
  • arewethereyet
    Options

Thank you :) We got married at the starting line of the MS150. Ronnie Shirley (from the tv show Lizard Lick towing) was our minister. It was a great day :D

:heart: :love: :heart: That has to be one of the coolest ever! May you love and ride together forever! :drinker: (and I mean that in a non-dirty-get your mind outta the gutter kinda way! LOL)
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    Inspired by AreWeThereYet's post from earlier today (which made me cry so hard in such a good way :heart:)

366f5d17-daf4-4fec-b297-e2cded92c86f_zps5a3862a2.jpg