MFP Fitspiration!

Options

Replies

• AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Here's mine...these kids aren't light, and they like to be "lifted"!

b66e3d30-39ff-4cc4-931a-16ca6d69209e.jpg

Awesome!! I keep joking that I'm going to use my kids for weighted squats. Maybe I really should!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I really need to get caught up on this thread...
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I really need to get caught up on this thread...

Did you make one??
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    I don't have a fitspiration image of my own to add; however, I have to have this in mytopics.

This+wasn+t+just+any+feel....+Its+an+animal+feel+_48242ea6f101a2ec88dae20efc2f43ef.gif

jGUbM.gif
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,757 Member
    Options
    Inspired by AreWeThereYet's post from earlier today (which made me cry so hard in such a good way :heart:)

366f5d17-daf4-4fec-b297-e2cded92c86f_zps5a3862a2.jpg

^^^^ This!!!!!!!

In for the awesomeness.
  • Kookyk9s
    Kookyk9s Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    My NSV is that I have finally realized that the person I lie to most is myself. I say I exercised for 30 minutes whereas I really exercised for 20 minutes and warm-up and cool-down was the other 10 minutes. Lots and lots of little cheats. Needs to stop - I hate it when people lie to me yet I do it to myself all the time. Not to others - but why I think I deserve to be lied to is beyond me. Needs to stop. Can figure out the reasons for my behavior in my leisure. Stop the bad behavior to myself first.

So today I did run on the treadmill for 1 minute and walk for 1 minute for 30 minutes plus 5 minutes warm-up and 5 minutes cool down for a total of 40 minutes. No cheat. No more cheats.

Not sure it this is a mind shattering victory but to me it is a big deal.

Edited for spelling/typos.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Here's mine...these kids aren't light, and they like to be "lifted"!

b66e3d30-39ff-4cc4-931a-16ca6d69209e.jpg

Awesome!! I keep joking that I'm going to use my kids for weighted squats. Maybe I really should!

Put them on your shoulders. It's pretty awesome.

I was doing the hokey pokey with them on my shoulders the other day (one at a time, not both). "Shaking it all about" on one leg is pretty challenging.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    My NSV is that I have finally realized that the person I lie to most is myself. I say I exercised for 30 minutes whereas I really exercised for 20 minutes and warm-up and cool-down was the other 10 minutes. Lots and lots of little cheats. Needs to stop - I hate it when people lie to me yet I do it to myself all the time. Not to others - but why I think I deserve to be lied to is beyond me. Needs to stop. Can figure out the reasons for my behavior in my leisure. Stop the bad behavior to myself first.

So today I did run on the treadmill for 1 minute and walk for 1 minute for 30 minutes plus 5 minutes warm-up and 5 minutes cool down for a total of 40 minutes. No cheat. No more cheats.

Not sure it this is a mind shattering victory but to me it is a big deal.

Edited for spelling/typos.

If you feel like you need to dot your "i's" that's fine and I fully support that.

But I ran a half marathon in 2:39 and that included some walking. I didn't track my walking minutes and the race director didn't penalize me for them or anything.

Warming up and cooling down is exercise. Now, if you have a training plan that says "30 minutes of running" you should do 30 minutes of running because that's what will get you ready for race day. But if you have 30 minutes to exercise and run for 20 of that, it's up to you how you count it.
  • ercaface
    ercaface Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    A group of physically impaired guys came into my gym this morning and began rocking it harder than most of the able bodied guys. I wish I could have taken a photo of this guy with a badly atrophied arm spotting for his buddy (who appeared to have CF). It would be captioned what he was shouting in encouragement - "AIN'T NO REASON YOU CAN'T MAN!" [safety note in case anyone is worried: regardless of physical disadvantages, these chaps obviously knew what they were doing]

Next time I feel like it's all just too much, this guy will be in my head shouting "AIN'T NO REASON YOU CAN'T MAN!"

This is amazing. I needed this today!
  • rapini
    rapini Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    March 2013 I go to the doctor because I'm not feeling right. Long story short, I've got type 2 diabetes. I'll never forget being told, it was like a slap in the face. Fear, sadness, anger all these powerful emotions. My resolve could only be one thing, I refused to accept this fate, I refused to give up. My choice was to sign up on MFP, to hit the gym daily, to be responsible and own up to the scenario I had created for myself. No more blaming the world, my circumstances, all of the excuses that find their way so easily into our mouths....I started eating paleo, riding the recumbent bike (30 min at lvl 4 was my max), and studying diabetes and nutrition. I devoted every moment of my existence to this change. It rocked the foundations of my world. When you begin to look at yourself HONESTLY, you evaluate all of your circumstances. Relationships change, ideals, thought patterns, choices all will change. You must remember you are doing this for YOU. You can do it for others too, but make sure at the core, it is for you.

November 2013' I'm down 74lbs, my blood sugar and other diabetic measures are normal, I own a city bike that I ride 25+ miles regularly, I weight train at the gym and still hit the recumbent bike (60 min at lvl 10). I still eat healthy, and focus on movement, changing up my gameplan and keeping it fresh. My big moment came last month, when I got all my clothing from pre-summer storage and moved it into my new place. As I unpacked, I tried on a bunch of my winter clothes.... Nothing, I mean nothing fit. Comically huge jackets, pants falling to the ground.... It was the most glorious feeling. I was crying, laughing, in utter disbelief. It really hit me then that not only is change possible, but it's real. Put the time in, do the work, believe in yourself, never ever stop believing that you are worth it, that you can do it, and that you deserve it. It will not be easy. You will fall down, but you MUST pick yourself up. Continue on your path, the goal is to walk it truly and honestly. The destination will appear as you walk it. Give your all in this life, we only have one chance.

I believe in all of you. Go out there and crush it.
  • loconnor466
    loconnor466 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I am only a week into my journey, but thank you all at MFP so far, this thread is awesome and I hope in a month or two I can join you all in your accomplishments!
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    March 2013 I go to the doctor because I'm not feeling right. Long story short, I've got type 2 diabetes. I'll never forget being told, it was like a slap in the face. Fear, sadness, anger all these powerful emotions. My resolve could only be one thing, I refused to accept this fate, I refused to give up. My choice was to sign up on MFP, to hit the gym daily, to be responsible and own up to the scenario I had created for myself. No more blaming the world, my circumstances, all of the excuses that find their way so easily into our mouths....I started eating paleo, riding the recumbent bike (30 min at lvl 4 was my max), and studying diabetes and nutrition. I devoted every moment of my existence to this change. It rocked the foundations of my world. When you begin to look at yourself HONESTLY, you evaluate all of your circumstances. Relationships change, ideals, thought patterns, choices all will change. You must remember you are doing this for YOU. You can do it for others too, but make sure at the core, it is for you.

November 2013' I'm down 74lbs, my blood sugar and other diabetic measures are normal, I own a city bike that I ride 25+ miles regularly, I weight train at the gym and still hit the recumbent bike (60 min at lvl 10). I still eat healthy, and focus on movement, changing up my gameplan and keeping it fresh. My big moment came last month, when I got all my clothing from pre-summer storage and moved it into my new place. As I unpacked, I tried on a bunch of my winter clothes.... Nothing, I mean nothing fit. Comically huge jackets, pants falling to the ground.... It was the most glorious feeling. I was crying, laughing, in utter disbelief. It really hit me then that not only is change possible, but it's real. Put the time in, do the work, believe in yourself, never ever stop believing that you are worth it, that you can do it, and that you deserve it. It will not be easy. You will fall down, but you MUST pick yourself up. Continue on your path, the goal is to walk it truly and honestly. The destination will appear as you walk it. Give your all in this life, we only have one chance.

We need to find a way to turn this into a picture. :-D This is amazing and you brought tears to my eyes.
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!! YOU HAVE DONE AMAZING!
  • speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options

Wow! I bow to you my friend! This is what strength, perseverance, courage, falling & getting up again is all about! This is a SUCCESS STORY! YOU ARE INSPIRATIONAL, nothing less!
  • I am loving this topic right now. So please, if you're inspirational and stumble across my post, add me. I don't bite lol =] I am always looking for someone to keep my spirits up. You all are so important to me!!!
  • likitisplit
    Options

I'm seeing a picture of you in the mirror with your pants around your ankles and your shirt bagging around you with the caption: "Put the time in, do the work, believe in yourself. You are worth it, you can do it and you deserve it."
  • Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    Bump, I am in! Posting soon!
  • likitisplit
    Options
    I am only a week into my journey, but thank you all at MFP so far, this thread is awesome and I hope in a month or two I can join you all in your accomplishments!

You can be here today. I know you've already accomplished a whole bunch. The first day can be the hardest.
  • seren1ty74
    seren1ty74 Posts: 171 Member
    Options

THISSSSSSSSSSSSS
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Love.

Just love.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    why am I only finding this thread now? I LOVE it!