Replies

• JolienvanH
    JolienvanH Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    th_ScreenShot2014-01-23at11306PM_zpsb5ed7caf.png
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    This quote really hits home because, even at 3 years old, my little man never misses a thing! Hubby & I took turns pushing him in the stroller while we did c25k - which means he was there most of the times I felt like giving up. Knowing that we were working to introduce him to an active lifestyle often gave me the boost I needed to keep going.

39705895_2019.jpg

I took the photo in November before before a storm made it too dangerous to take the stroller on our favorite trail. It represents a couple of things that makes me pretty proud: it's a memory of a fun day with my son; it shows us outside on a chilly day instead of hiding in the house; it shows that I'm trying to "get into the picture" more instead of hiding behind the camera. It also reminds me of a run where, even though I struggled to finish, I managed to get a new PR. So, even though it isn't the most flattering photo of me (and I'm really bad at selfies), I'm really glad to have it.

I'm so proud of you!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    This quote really hits home because, even at 3 years old, my little man never misses a thing! Hubby & I took turns pushing him in the stroller while we did c25k - which means he was there most of the times I felt like giving up. Knowing that we were working to introduce him to an active lifestyle often gave me the boost I needed to keep going.

39705895_2019.jpg

I took the photo in November before before a storm made it too dangerous to take the stroller on our favorite trail. It represents a couple of things that makes me pretty proud: it's a memory of a fun day with my son; it shows us outside on a chilly day instead of hiding in the house; it shows that I'm trying to "get into the picture" more instead of hiding behind the camera. It also reminds me of a run where, even though I struggled to finish, I managed to get a new PR. So, even though it isn't the most flattering photo of me (and I'm really bad at selfies), I'm really glad to have it.

You trying to mess up my makeup? :cry:

Beautiful. You AND your words.

When I started here 5 years ago I would always say that to the young moms. Not only are YOU changing, but you are shaping their lives as well. Mine grew up on chips and dip, never an apple to be seen. I didn't know any better. They all went thru low self esteem issues (maybe still do) but have worked towards healthier lifestyles since seeing me lose weight the right way in my late 40s and still working in my 50s.

God love ya! Thanks for the Fitspiration this morning. I needed this reminder. Mine may be grown, but I can still be an inspiration to them:drinker:
  • 93nan
    93nan Posts: 130
    Options
    Bump
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options

39705895_2019.jpg

Don't mind me, my eyes are just sweating a little. :heart:
  • Skye_NS
    Skye_NS Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I'm so proud of you!

When I started here 5 years ago I would always say that to the young moms. Not only are YOU changing, but you are shaping their lives as well. Mine grew up on chips and dip, never an apple to be seen. I didn't know any better. They all went thru low self esteem issues (maybe still do) but have worked towards healthier lifestyles since seeing me lose weight the right way in my late 40s and still working in my 50s.

God love ya! Thanks for the Fitspiration this morning. I needed this reminder. Mine may be grown, but I can still be an inspiration to them:drinker:

Thank you both for your kind words! I can't even count the number of times I chickened out posting this - even with Varda encouraging everyone to share their's TODAY. I had to get out of my own way and get over all the 'flaws' before I could share what I loved about the photo. =)

Arewethereyet, I love that you are striving to be an inspiration for your children even though they are grown. I bet they are very proud of you!
  • mgorham13
    mgorham13 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Bumping for making my lip tremble, my eyes water and getting me pumped before I go to the gym
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I'm so proud of you!

Thank you both for your kind words! I can't even count the number of times I chickened out posting this - even with Varda encouraging everyone to share their's TODAY. I had to get out of my own way and get over all the 'flaws' before I could share what I loved about the photo. =)

Arewethereyet, I love that you are striving to be an inspiration for your children even though they are grown. I bet they are very proud of you!

Am I remembering that this is the run that you did uphill, with a respiratory infection, in the cold, with a stroller?

I'm even more happy that you were able to see (and share) all the strengths that this photo represented. So much of the time we shoot ourselves in the foot by focusing on the negatives.
  • bcl003
    bcl003 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Just went through all of this from the original post til now in about an hour. I am so hooked!
  • Skye_NS
    Options

Am I remembering that this is the run that you did uphill, with a respiratory infection, in the cold, with a stroller?

I'm even more happy that you were able to see (and share) all the strengths that this photo represented. So much of the time we shoot ourselves in the foot by focusing on the negatives.

No, that one was in September when I was trying to finish c25k before our first 5k.. What a disaster that one was! I still don't why I expected a flawless run while sick, on an unfamiliar route, without my running partner to help with stroller duty... I remember that I felt so defeated because I had to walk up those two hills. Talk about shooting myself in the foot with negatives! I'm lucky I didn't have to crawl home - and I'm very lucky that I had you, and some other members of the c25k group to point out what I HAD accomplished that day! That change in perspective helped me focus on the positives going forward. (Thanks again! ;) )

ETA: I recently ran the longer of the two hills from bottom to top without stopping. Gotta tell you I was feeling incredibly smug while gasping for breath at the top. LOL
  • Limeycat
    Limeycat Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Loving this thread.
  • stephy244
    stephy244 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    In for the awesomeness! :D
  • Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options

39705895_2019.jpg

This amazing and so true. I remember doing aerobics with my Mom (hey it was the 80s) as a child. That really stuck with my and taught my exercise can be fun and enjoyable.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I tried! I am just so bad at doing these picture things.

I tried to use me avatar, and incorporate my saying "I am going to eat healthier, and exercise more. If I lose weight along the way, BONUS!"

Into something like " I ate better, and exercised more, and that lil' red dress zipped up. BONUS!!"

Something like that. :laugh: Cupcakedammit, I tried!! I truly did. :embarassed:
  • I've been here three weeks and really don't have much in the way of being an inspiration to others myself ... yet! .... but I thought I'd share my favourite quote which I do try to remember when necessary...

'Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts'. (Winston Churchill)
  • Skye_NS
    Options

Into something like " I ate better, and exercised more, and that lil' red dress zipped up. BONUS!!"

I love that!
  • arewethereyet
    Options

I love that!
    [/quote

Thanks! I love your so much :love:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I've been here three weeks and really don't have much in the way of being an inspiration to others myself ... yet! .... but I thought I'd share my favourite quote which I do try to remember when necessary...

'Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts'. (Winston Churchill)

Nothing inspires me more than someone just starting out! You have been here 3 weeks and you are DOING IT!! WOOT! You are an inspiration:flowerforyou:
  • Nothing inspires me more than someone just starting out! You have been here 3 weeks and you are DOING IT!! WOOT! You are an inspiration:flowerforyou:
    [/quote]

Then I'd better keep it up!!! Thank you ... that means a LOT. xox
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I tried! I am just so bad at doing these picture things.

I tried to use me avatar, and incorporate my saying "I am going to eat healthier, and exercise more. If I lose weight along the way, BONUS!"

Something like that. :laugh: Cupcakedammit, I tried!! I truly did. :embarassed:

hehe! Hang on, maybe I can do it for you.