Did you keep or get rid of your fat clothes?

Options

Replies

• ronrstaats
    ronrstaats Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I gave them all to Goodwil/Salvation Army. I still find some clothes here and there. I have several 3x - 4x winter coats I should donate this year. Maybe I should check for a medium size winter coat for myself. I have a feeling it's going to be a cold winter and I never got a heavy coat last year because it was never that bad.
  • Tdk4685
    Tdk4685 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I bagged them up and gave them to good will. Not going back to that size again.
  • guessrs
    guessrs Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Yes but only after one year. They were ridiculously too big size 17 to 5.

I should add I kept my pretty tops, they are loose but so what, I don't need tight tops.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I kept these pants and this shirt, they don't fit very good anymore :tongue: but figured I better have a reminder of someplace I never want to go back too....

DSCF0104resized.jpg

DSCF0106resized.jpg

DSCF3019two.jpg
  • arlenem1974
    arlenem1974 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I go through my closet every 2 months and get rid of the stuff that is to big for me. I'm on my 8th bag now. The only clothing I have kept where the things I wore when I first joined the site. I want to do a comparison of then and now for when to the size I want.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I got 2-4-6 in my closet for my bulks but everything else is gone as soon as I went down in size.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I sold anything worth selling. Made a few bucks. The rest, I either tossed or gave away. I did keep one pair of denim capris that I wore at my highest. Those are for my after photo. ;)

ETA: Thanks to my sewing machine, I'm still wearing my favorite jeans. I'll probably keep taking them in until they wear out.
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    I give them away to charity when they don't fit anymore. I've kept one pair of my old huge jeans for comparison.
  • skinnystonergirl
    Options
    i'm keeping all my jeans and shirts. jeans so i can cut them and make cute shorts and shirts so i can make crop tops (except blouses those might have to go).
    leggings and yoga pants and bras i think im going to have to eventually get rid of because most of them are too big for me.
  • skinnystonergirl
    Options
    damn!
  • DesireeNL
    DesireeNL Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I kept one pair of jeans. They are 6 (inch) sizes bigger than my current ones. The rest I donated to goodwill.
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I've been on this journey since last November and I've parted with a few of my larger clothes but I still have more that don't fit than new clothes that do.

I have thought about getting rid of a load of them but I'm not quite ready yet as I'm still not convinced I'll be this weight from now on and I want another baby some day so it'd be nice to be able to wear some of my old clothes then as I really miss being able to wear some of them.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    If they fell off me or looked horrible or were clothes I just bought because "well, it's not really ME, but it fits..." I gave to the Salvation Army. It really ticked me off when the tags were still on them, and I made a vow to be more particular when shopping in the future. Only buy what I love. (However, now I'm kind of lacking in basics.)

If it was just a little loose and could still looked ok, or if it was something I really liked and could possibly alter to fit, I kept it.

Most of my shirts still fit well enough to wear. A lot of my jeans I was wearing way too tight before I lost weight, so they fit comfortably baggy now.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I didn't lose a lot of weight, but I did go down 3 sizes. Most of my clothes were worn out anyway. But, yes, I gave away anything that was too big on me (I tended to by clothing that was too big anyway, so it got really too big). I only kept a couple things such as a pair of pants that may still work for messy stuff I need to do, and a cotton dress that I can wear to hang around the home even though it shows too much cleavage to wear out comfortably for me (because it's big and become lower cut). I kept a few blouses for play shirts (taking my kids to the park or whatever), but they are too big on me. I still need to buy some more clothing. I don't have much.

I did have one new pair of pants that I took in to get altered twice and they have been very handy. I'm wearing them in my profile pic now (the black pants).
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I sold a lot of jeans on Ebay as I went down in weight, sometimes, I may have only worn them a few times..and I had to fund buying new ones. Postage usually costs more expensive than the price the jeans were but still it was a bit of money to go towards new clothes.
  • haymancm
    haymancm Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Why would I want to go back to a size 18/20 when a size 10/12 is sweet? I donate all my oversized clothes. I don't want to go back to that size.
  • AestheticStar
    AestheticStar Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I've gotten rid of some by donating, or giving them to friends of mine or family who needed good clothing 'cause a lot of mine I had bought, & then dropped weight, & couldn't wear them. So they were practically brand new. I'd rather give them to someone I personally know who needs them first, but if not, then I just donate. I keep some of my bigger clothing, only because I've had a bad history with my weight fluctuating. And I really hope it doesn't become that again since I'm really determined to stick with this. I think once I realize I'll be set & won't need them, I'll either donate, or maybe even rework them into a smaller size by tailoring them, since some of my clothing is really unique & I don't want to get rid of them. It's always fun to transform old clothing for me. ;)
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    I donated 12 bags of clothing. One skirt I unstitched and turned into a blackout curtain - it was that big lol
  • StephyKay1
    StephyKay1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been struggling with this idea too! Once I have lost about 8 more pounds, I will be at my halfway point in weight loss. I want to clear out the old, fat clothes that don't fit and I still have some clothes that didn't fit before that do fit now that I will keep. I am kind of dreading this though. I have some of my fat clothes that I love to death and don't want to get rid of, but they look ridiculous on me now. Guess we'll see what happens in 8 pounds!
  • TitaniaEcks
    TitaniaEcks Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I kept these pants and this shirt, they don't fit very good anymore :tongue: but figured I better have a reminder of someplace I never want to go back too....

DSCF0104resized.jpg

DSCF0106resized.jpg

DSCF3019two.jpg
    Ed is always my inspiration. He's like 1/3 of the man he used to be. ;-)
This discussion has been closed.