Ladies what is it about motorcycles

Options
cbarn025
cbarn025 Posts: 939 Member
I ride b/c I love to ride. But I'm wondering ladies what is it about motorcycles that you love so much? I can't stop for gas w/o being asked for a ride or given a phone number and told to call them when I can take them for a ride.

Replies

• Kr1ptonite
    Kr1ptonite Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    I ride b/c I love to ride. But I'm wondering ladies what is it about motorcycles that you love so much? I can't stop for gas w/o being asked for a ride or given a phone number and told to call them when I can take them for a ride.

I ride and never get any of that. I gotta lift my game haha.
  • bernied262
    bernied262 Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    My Hubby had a motorbike when we first met back in 1991 (a Suzuki Gs1000e) that he had rebuilt himself. I loved that bike, we spent many a happy day on her (she was called sarah LOL). He went on to have many other bikes, too many to list, but currently is without a bike. I am actually thinking of doing my bike test now (mid life crisis???!!), so that we can travel through Europe on bikes when we retire. I don't know what it is about them that draws me in, the 'freedom' maybe? Or maybe it is the leathers :)
  • donthesitate
    donthesitate Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Its probably you they want and not so much the bike, you dont see them old guys on motorcycles gettin #'s lol, I like riding cuz its fun though :)
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    Never saw the attraction personally.
  • cbarn025
    Options

Do you ride a GIXXER?
  • Blondiegrl11
    Blondiegrl11 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    They're just plain sexy, maybe it has something to do with the danger
  • CheekyBrahette
    CheekyBrahette Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    For me personally it's being attracted to someone who shares a common interest. While it would be nice to be on the back of a street bike, I'm one who loves riding dirt bike trails. Braaap ^_^
  • Naomi0504
    Naomi0504 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    My husband rides, I don't like it at all....all I see is danger!
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    do you know what doctors call people who ride motorcycles?

organ donors.

http://motorcycleaccidentlawyerpa.com/motorcycle-vs-car-accident-statistics/
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    have you ever seen that episode of curb your enthusiasm when the seat in his car is broken? pretty sure it's something like that
  • bernied262
    Options

organ donors.

From what I have seen, it is car drivers that make motorcyclist 'organ donors'
    Sure, there are a few out there that give the rest of them a bad name... but check your mirrors people!
  • cbarn025
    Options

organ donors.

From what I have seen, it is car drivers that make motorcyclist 'organ donors'
    Sure, there are a few out there that give the rest of them a bad name... but check your mirrors people!

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I get cut off on the bike at least once a month by someone who doesn't check their mirrors.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options

organ donors.

Yes, perhaps. But mostly its not the fault of the rider, and the idiot drivers that aren't paying attention to us.
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options

they're more likely to get your investment and retirement accounts after you crash. seeing a bike rider puts little $$$$ signs in their eyes.

I want one of the new Ducati's though

organ donors.

Yes, perhaps. But mostly its not the fault of the rider, and the idiot drivers that aren't paying attention to us.

reasoning doesn't change statistics
  • bernied262
    Options

organ donors.

http://motorcycleaccidentlawyerpa.com/motorcycle-vs-car-accident-statistics/

http://www.bikelawyer.co.uk/bike-accident-statistics

Quote -
    The figures also show that 48% of crashes between motorcycles and cars were the result of the car driver failing to look properly.

Failing to look properly was the most frequent cause of crashes for all vehicles except motorcycles. Motorcyclists were most likely to crash through ‘loss of control’ and also most likely to be the victim of someone else failing to look - End quote

Off course, whatever the reason for an accident, the Motorcyclist is not likely to win. Largely, IMO, this is due to the fact that the rider only has (at best) some leather between them and the road. The 'born again' biker thing is also an interesting concept..
  • Kr1ptonite
    Options

Do you ride a GIXXER?

Nar mate at the moment a TL1000R. But looking at a Ninja zx10r for me next one.
  • cbarn025
    Options

Do you ride a GIXXER?

If you would have said yes. I was going to reply, "well there is your problem" lol. I have a Kawi. Best SS Bikes hands down.
  • Mobilemuscle
    Mobilemuscle Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    i have ridden street and dirt bikes for years.... cant remember ever pulling #'s because of my ride
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options

they're more likely to get your investment and retirement accounts after you crash. seeing a bike rider puts little $$$$ signs in their eyes.

I want one of the new Ducati's though

organ donors.

reasoning doesn't change statistics

Totally agree. I've been riding longer than you are most have been alive here. I've seen too many friend's lifes change from careless people that pay more attention to a phone than who is on the streets or impaired drivers. Ride safe you
  • Kr1ptonite
    Options

Do you ride a GIXXER?

If you would have said yes. I was going to reply, "well there is your problem" lol. I have a Kawi. Best SS Bikes hands down.

haha. Yeah Kawi's are great bikes. Iv got a KX450F dirt bike, and my learner bike was a Ninja 250.