Why are we here?

Options
13»

Replies

• djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    I got tired of being fat and ugly. Figured I could lose the fat, and just be ugly.
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Because bacon.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I'm here for many reasons, all of which co-incided last year to give me a hefty kick up the backside. In no particular order -

The death of my mother gave me a dose of mortality, and made me want to make more of this life she has given me, as a sign of respect to her memory.
    Had my first two stays in hospital (albeit for kidney stones), which made me realize I'm not so indestructible after all.
    Got back blood work showing my cholesterol was through the roof.
    My blood pressure touched into the hypertension range for the first time, and my resting heart rate was high 70s.
    A neighbor very bluntly said "You're carrying too much weight, and it's all around your middle. That's dangerous."
    I got sick to death of having to tell my daughter "Daddy can't run around with you, he's too tired/old/fat/lazy"
    I just got sick of a fat bloke I didn't recognize staring back at me from the mirror.

One year on I'm 63 pounds lighter, running a 26 minute 5k, working on a sub 1 hour 10k, and working my way through StrongLifts. I'm not quite in the best shape of my life just yet (I used to be fairly athletic, back in the day), but I'm on the right trajectory.
  • CaliforniaAtHeart
    Options
    I'm here because my parents were listening to Luther Vandross on date night in March of 1983. 9 months later, a 7 pound 11 ounce me graced the world with my presence for the first time.
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options
    I'm here for motivation , but it seems that the majority of people only care about flirting with each other... pretty disgusting seeing women double my age posting sexual pictures, dirty flirting etc etc

Like others have already said - this is more like a dating website than anything else, a bunch of insecure people fishing for approval/compliments.

Pretty sad imo, I've had to take down my photo's due to lonely women trying to hit on me.

Saddest. Read. Ever.

I cried a little bit.
  • TheBackStory
    Options
    I'm here for motivation , but it seems that the majority of people only care about flirting with each other... pretty disgusting seeing women double my age posting sexual pictures, dirty flirting etc etc

Like others have already said - this is more like a dating website than anything else, a bunch of insecure people fishing for approval/compliments.

Pretty sad imo, I've had to take down my photo's due to lonely women trying to hit on me.

Saddest. Read. Ever.

I cried a little bit.

I did lol and then I felt bad for him. Damn those older ladies for making you feel like meat! haha
  • TheBackStory
    Options
    Oh yeah. I'm here to motivate, be motivated... When I see others that can get fit, what is my excuse! I also like to keep track of my accomplishments. This is the best way to track all of my stats.
  • Kanzaki3
    Kanzaki3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Here to count my calories and macros every day and self evaluating my results.
  • SophK90
    Options
    I'm here because I'm a "one percenter" - living proof that the contraceptive pill is only 99% effective....
    hey im a "one percenter" as well!

And me, and my daughter too!