How often do you weigh yourself?

Options

Replies

• LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Every morning. Most weekday mornings I ride my elliptical, and it always asks me for my weight. :wink: For me, weighing daily helps keep me focused. I only record my weight on Friday mornings.
  • YumemiruJin
    YumemiruJin Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Every third day or so. If I forget, at the very least I do it weekly.
  • ballerina_tea
    ballerina_tea Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    2-3x times a week... I would like to get into daily weighing for maintenance though. I'm a yo-yo'er and councidentally also a scale avoider... I think changing that one thing would make a world of a difference.
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Each morning - about six or seven times in the space of 5 minutes. I take the lowest reading to be the most accurate. :wink:

Oh whew, I'm not the only one. I weigh with my feet to the front, i weigh with my feet to the back. I make sure the scales are on one tile only, and not crossing over tiles.

It's a sad world. :laugh:
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    My trainer weighs me in Monday evenings so I consider that my official weigh-in, but I jump on the scale at home anywhere from 1--5 times a week depending on what's going on. If I've had a couple of bad or high sodium days I get on to give myself that little reality check of how fast the scale goes back up again, then daily until I'm back down to where I started.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Every morning. :yawn:
    Daily for 672 days in a row. Since weight varies by day, I pay attention to the weekly average. A bit obssessive I know, but it works for me.
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    once a week
  • Chris99mu
    Chris99mu Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Once a month.
  • joshdann
    joshdann Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Every Morning when I get up.
    I graph it.

If I don't take regular metrics, I feel I wouldn't be able to know if I'm making an error in my calories, or some such. Weight is variable from day to day, but if you measure under the same circumstances, (when you get up, after you pee for example) it's more consistent.
    I do basically the same thing. If you can handle recognizing and understanding the regular fluctuations in your weight, you can gain better control over it and your diet. Weighing only once per week robs you of that valuable data and can easily prevent you from knowing what your actual progress for that week is. If you only weigh on Thursdays (for example), what if you exercised particularly hard on the Wednesday previous and as such your muscles are storing more water than usual? If you can't compare Thursday's weight to Wednesday's weight, you may think you haven't lost as much as you actually have, or that you've gained, etc... and you may end up making the wrong adjustments to your diet.

All data is good data. More data is better. If you're committed to optimizing your weight loss in a healthy way, I can't imagine a single scenario where you'd want to avoid the scale.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I graph it.

If I don't take regular metrics, I feel I wouldn't be able to know if I'm making an error in my calories, or some such. Weight is variable from day to day, but if you measure under the same circumstances, (when you get up, after you pee for example) it's more consistent.
    I do basically the same thing. If you can handle recognizing and understanding the regular fluctuations in your weight, you can gain better control over it and your diet. Weighing only once per week robs you of that valuable data and can easily prevent you from knowing what your actual progress for that week is. If you only weigh on Thursdays (for example), what if you exercised particularly hard on the Wednesday previous and as such your muscles are storing more water than usual? If you can't compare Thursday's weight to Wednesday's weight, you may think you haven't lost as much as you actually have, or that you've gained, etc... and you may end up making the wrong adjustments to your diet.

All data is good data. More data is better. If you're committed to optimizing your weight loss in a healthy way, I can't imagine a single scenario where you'd want to avoid the scale.

You just made me feel so much better about having to get on the scale everyday. :flowerforyou:
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Every day, but only because it's fun for me. If it caused me stress or if I worried about it, I would find something that worked better - probably once weekly to keep from getting too far off track.
  • TruckersWifeTruckersLife
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week
  • Tammyinbali
    Tammyinbali Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I am just recently back on MFP after quite a long break so I will weigh in every Monday morning for the next 2 or 3 weeks, after that I will go back to my normal way of tracking progress which is the alternate back and forth between weighing & measurements (one week weigh in, next week take all measurements etc). I find that weighing myself every week can be a bummer if I don't see a difference in the number on the scale after "being good" all week, and usually even if there hasn't been a change in numbers there is still a change in measurements :)
  • animal_amy
    Options
    oh gawd me too.. I fluctuate 6-7kg haha!!
  • RoyBeck
    RoyBeck Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Every Friday morning.
  • Sunitagt
    Sunitagt Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I graph it.

This! I weigh in every day, in the same conditions. It has been incredibly helpful for me to see all the in-between stuff instead of just weighing in once a week. I now know that even though my weight appears not to have changed for a week, it really went down, and then up and just happened to land back on the same number for this particular day, but the next day I'll be back down again.
  • sunsetzen
    sunsetzen Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day, but only record once a week or when my weight decreases. I do what a pp does, getting on several times and counting the lowest weight only. I also like to weigh myself at different times of the day to see what kind of fluctuations happen and maybe I can tell why and remedy if its possible.
  • sunman00
    sunman00 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    every 2 weeks, early morning, pre breakfast, post ablutions :smile:
  • ziggiezambi
    Options
    Every day! I record the lowest weight for the week. :wink:
  • Jazzabelle100885
    Options
    I weigh every single morning - first thing after getting out of bed and using the bathroom.

But I definitely do not recommend this to anyone. It can mess with your brain since fluctuations/water will make your weight go up even though you've lost fat. So, unless you know that the scale does lie to you, don't do it every morning. You need to be abe to see the general trend, which is down.