STOP COUNTING CALORIES: EAT CLEAN

Options

Replies

• nilleah
    nilleah Posts: 177
    Options
    I never count calories. Ever!
    I do NOT log my food here.

I simply eat correctly. Meaning I don't eat garbage, I watch portions, I don't snack, I don't use sugar of ANY kind. Not even the fake crap. I drink water, water, water. And only water. When I think I've had enough water, I drink a few more cups of water.
    I exercise 3-5 days a week. I never eat fast food, candy or processed crap.

Every morning I drink an 8oz glass of water with 1oz of Lemon juice in it within the 10 minutes of waking up.
    I NEVER, EVER skip breakfast. In fact, within 1 hour of waking I eat a 3-4 egg white omelet along with 6oz of Chobani Plain Fat-free Greek Yogurt and 1/2 of an orange, every single day..

Lunch is usually a large salad with chicken and Fat free Italian dressing. And an apple or something. I'll snack on carrots or other veggies through out the day.

I drink half my body weight in water every day minimum.

Dinner is similar to lunch.

This is my daily routine.

I never log it and I've lost 40+ pounds. As long as you eat right, exercise and font snack on crap, drink sugary drinks and exercise, you should be fine. You know what you shouldn't be eating or drinking.

FYI, fat free foods like your FF yogurt and FF salad dressing are very processed. They almost always contain extra chemicals, sodium or artificial something to make up for the fat that is removed...

I actually make my FF Italian dressing homemade so it doesn't have any chemicals. You may be right about the Chobani though... Now I have to investigate darn it! I was told it was the purist out there by my nutritionist.

Thanks for letting me know. I'm going to look into the Chobani.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Every morning I drink an 8oz glass of water with 1oz of Lemon juice in it within the 10 minutes of waking up.
    I NEVER, EVER skip breakfast. In fact, within 1 hour of waking I eat a 3-4 egg white omelet along with 6oz of Chobani Plain Fat-free Greek Yogurt and 1/2 of an orange, every single day..

chobani yogurts were all just recalled. I hope you don't die from eating them after you've worked so hard to lose so much weight and to be so holier-than-thou about telling others how to eat.

I'm not being holier than thou to anyone about how to eat. And not ALL Chobani yogurts were recalled, only some with fruit in them.

I was simply saying how I eat and that people know what they should and should not eat in order to lose weight.

If you want to lose weight don't eat doritos and taco bell and drink soda all day long.
    Don't put words in my mouth. Thank you. Have a good day now.

What's wrong with doritos, taco bell, and soda?
  • mmipanda
    mmipanda Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    She said 'all day long'. Are you saying theres nothing wrong with stuffing your face with taco bell 24/7?
  • leia_ophelia
    leia_ophelia Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Eating clean or healthy eating is sure good for keeping you healthy and preventing bad diet related diseases. But to lose weight, you still need a calorie deficit. Burn more calories than you eat. Luckily healthy food such as vegetables and fruit are low in calories compared to junk food like chips and deep fried meals.
    Logging calories and keeping a food diary help keep you in track if eating healthy is something you are not used to. Looking at the nutrition value of the food when you log e.g. is it high in fat, high in salt and sugar would help you choose healthier food and maintain calorie count.
    In short eating healthy is good for you, logging calories helps. Why not do both? If it is really too much trouble to log calories, maybe a combination of eating healthy and portioning meals would be a good idea?
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    She said 'all day long'. Are you saying theres nothing wrong with stuffing your face with taco bell 24/7?

Depends. If it's the only thing you are taking in, probably. If you are taking in other nutritious foods on top of it why not?
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options

Don't tacos have lettuce, tomato and cheese and meat on them? They sound like food you could eat all day long??? Maybe you'd have to order their taco bowl to get some MORE veggies once in a day? I think I could live on Taco Bell *shrugs* I would probably get really bored.
  • deathtaco
    Options
    The body doesn't differentiate between a twinkie and a potato. Eating 'clean' is not necessary for the majority of people, only those seeking to maximize athletic potential and get into serious contest preparation need to worry about this, and even then there are exceptions.

If I ate Taco Bell all day and remained within my set limits for fat, protein and carbs, then there would be no issue in losing weight. There may be issues regarding micro nutrients and sodium though.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

Interesting. "Stuffing your face" implies overeating, and no one is saying to eat just one type or one food "all day long." Nice red herring.
  • eileen0515
    eileen0515 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy, but I like to log my food. Wish I had started years ago. If I have a day where it is too complicated and time consuming, I don't log. It's not that often though, I've managed to lose 65 pounds. Rarely hungry, rarely feel deprived.
  • _liftnlove
    Options
    STOP COUNTING CALORIES: EAT CLEAN

1. Why are you yelling?
    2. You're not the boss of me.
    3. No.
  • Rai007
    Rai007 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    i hate calorie counting.
    but there is no way out if you want to lose weight.
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    People should do what works for them. If it's calorie counting/food weighing/logging that keeps you on track, and helps you reach your goal, that's perfect.

Personally I've counted calories in the past and have always found it tedious. Human beings were losing weight for our entire history long before anybody knew what a "calorie" was. You definitely should adopt lifestyle changes that are sustainable for your life, and for me counting calories and weighing food for the rest of my life isn't something I'm remotely interested in.

Not a single of the 100 lbs I've lost came from calorie counting or food weighing. In fact I've never lost any significant weight doing this. The few times in my life where I did commit to calorie counting/weighing actually represented times where I was losing almost nothing. I've found incorporating eating styles, and being intuitive and aware of overall nutrition, that works well for my body, to be the ultimate answer for me. When you know food/nutrition really well, and are HONEST with self, you can find a road that leads toward weight loss victory that does not require calorie counting.

But again, we must all find what works for us.
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    If you would rather eat foods from a blessed list instead of logging what you ate, be my guest.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    I think you shouldn't write posts if you have no idea what you're talking about....

^This.
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    It's all activity. All. See what diets were in the. . say 17th century colonial America. Know where the phrase "chew the fat" came from? Exactly.

It is not all activity. I lost 50lbs in a year with no activity.
  • somerisagirlsname
    somerisagirlsname Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    If I am not recording every single thing I eat, then I am overeating. Guaranteed. Eating clean or not, I am a glutton.

this
  • KimINfortheWin
    KimINfortheWin Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    *nvm...
  • tootchute
    tootchute Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Sometimes the change is for you, don't let your parents control you food dishes and do them yourself.
  • KimINfortheWin
    KimINfortheWin Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I never count calories. Ever!
    I do NOT log my food here.

I simply eat correctly. Meaning I don't eat garbage, I watch portions, I don't snack, I don't use sugar of ANY kind. Not even the fake crap. I drink water, water, water. And only water. When I think I've had enough water, I drink a few more cups of water.
    I exercise 3-5 days a week. I never eat fast food, candy or processed crap.

Lunch is usually a large salad with chicken and Fat free Italian dressing. And an apple or something. I'll snack on carrots or other veggies through out the day.

I drink half my body weight in water every day minimum.

Dinner is similar to lunch.

This is my daily routine.

I never log it and I've lost 40+ pounds. As long as you eat right, exercise and font snack on crap, drink sugary drinks and exercise, you should be fine. You know what you shouldn't be eating or drinking.

FYI, fat free foods like your FF yogurt and FF salad dressing are very processed. They almost always contain extra chemicals, sodium or artificial something to make up for the fat that is removed...

I actually make my FF Italian dressing homemade so it doesn't have any chemicals. You may be right about the Chobani though... Now I have to investigate darn it! I was told it was the purist out there by my nutritionist.

Thanks for letting me know. I'm going to look into the Chobani.

http://www.environmentalleader.com/2013/07/02/yogurt-companies-face-whey-disposal-problem/ - Something else about our yogurt producers.

You can make your own yogurt pretty easily. http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Homemade-Yogurt-395111