Replies

• trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    uFDs8zp.gif
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I see that pepsi has zero fats at all no saturated trans or any of that but milk does . Is it possible that pepsi is healthier than milk ? Please dont answer my question WITH a question , just answer it lol ..

Go on a pure milk diet for a month, then go on a pure pepsi diet for a month, and tell us which one made you feel healthier.

... if you're still alive after the pepsi month.
  • astartig
    astartig Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    let me fix this:
    Both are rank.

Wine is the way to go.

(closely followed by water of course!)
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Hey, a little of everything never killed anyone. I'd rather milk in my cofee than that poweder crap anytime.
  • addicted2cola
    addicted2cola Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Actually they are both really bad for you. Avoid both, drink some water or some tea.

http://saveourbones.com/osteoporosis-milk-myth/

Some reading if you are interested.

Yeah... no. I stopped drinking milk for a long time (because I really couldn't afford $4 for two litres of milk) and it really stated to show in my nails. They got really thin and weak. When I started drinking milk again, my nails grew in thicker (you could actually see the line going across my nail separating the "I'm drinking milk" point and the "I'm not drinking milk" point). That article doesn't give any sources, and the only ones that people posted in the comments were from other vegan sites that were referencing "many studies" that they didn't list. But whatever floats your boat!
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    pepsi contains: sugar, water and caffeine

milk contains: protein, fat*, sugar, fat soluble vitamins (A, D and K)* other vitamins, calcium, other minerals and water.

*skimmed/ultra low fat milk contains very little fat, so may as a result contain less of the fat soluble vitamins, although they generally add back vitamin D after skimming it.

now you can answer your own question

also, fat is not bad for you. Too much of anything is bad for you. Fat's actually an essential nutrient, all the cells in your body need it, nerve cells especially and because of that your brain contains a lot of fat (not like the fat under your skin, but as a major part of each brain cell) Fat soluble vitamins are vitamins which dissolve in fat, they are found in fatty foods, including milk fat. If you stay within your calories, fat will not make you fat. In fact you should eat fat.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    I see that pepsi has zero fats at all no saturated trans or any of that but milk does . Is it possible that pepsi is healthier than milk ? Please dont answer my question WITH a question , just answer it lol ..

Go on a pure milk diet for a month, then go on a pure pepsi diet for a month, and tell us which one made you feel healthier.

... if you're still alive after the pepsi month.

A diet of just one single thing for an entire month is probably not a good idea
    Except pizza.

New diet born. Swoon.
  • OddballExtreme
    OddballExtreme Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    When it comes to this, I'm for milk far over Pepsi. I haven't touched a Pepsi (or Coke) in over 23 years because the caffeine caused my heart rate to race for no reason. Skim milk is how I go, but I do it just for breakfast. All other times, it's water, water, water.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    No. Milk has calcium and other important nutrients. Pepsi has phosphoric acid which leeches calcium from bones. Besides, some satruated fats are needed in a balanced diet.

Don't get me wrong. I love carbonated sodas. I also love milk. But if you have to ask which is better for you, it will be the milk, hands down.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Funny.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I understand why the question is there - there's an assumption that all fat is bad. That comes from miseducation but it's something we've all been guilty of.

Sugar is the culprit and reason for rising obesity levels.

Now, anyone for a glass of wholesome high fructose corn syrup? Comes from plants so should count as one of your five a day.
    If sugar is the culprit and reason for rising obesity levels, then explain why sugar consumption peaked over 10 years ago, and has been in steady decline while obesity is continuing to increase.

*highfives Tigersword*

Seriously, please don't condemn a particular food group. The obesity epidemic is due to failing to eat a moderate, balanced diet while becoming increasingly inactive as a society.
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    EBxHM.png
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    yes.
  • faithfirst
    faithfirst Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Can't. Take. Serious. :indifferent: :huh:

This
  • IronPhyllida
    IronPhyllida Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Both are rank.

Water is the way to go.

(closely followed by wine of course!)
    And then Gin.
  • adlace
    adlace Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    laverneandshirley.jpg

I believe Laverne mixed them together....
  • Aello11
    Aello11 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    for those of us old enough to remember :laugh:

Laverne's Milk & Pepsi

Do you remember Laverne and Shirley? Laverne’s favorite drink was milk and Pepsi she use to say that the milk took some of the fizz out of the Pepsi and the Pepsi took some of the ick out of the milk.

4 ounces. Pepsi
    4 ounces milk
    3 ice cubes

Put 3 ice cubes into a glass. Add very cold Pepsi and wait until fizz goes down. Slowly add cold milk. Stir gently and enjoy.
  • graceire
    graceire Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    for those of us old enough to remember :laugh:

Laverne's Milk & Pepsi

Do you remember Laverne and Shirley? Laverne’s favorite drink was milk and Pepsi she use to say that the milk took some of the fizz out of the Pepsi and the Pepsi took some of the ick out of the milk.

4 ounces. Pepsi
    4 ounces milk
    3 ice cubes

Put 3 ice cubes into a glass. Add very cold Pepsi and wait until fizz goes down. Slowly add cold milk. Stir gently and enjoy.

Is it weird that I kinda want to try this? Also, I now have the theme song going through my head...:glasses:
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options

face palming so hard right now.

fats can be healthy.
    pepsi also doesn't have any protein, vitamins, etc
  • mmyers1129
    mmyers1129 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    For real?