FATS !!!

Options

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    can't believe noone's mentioned nutella!! :)
    'Cause it tastes like plastic and has no nutritional value.

Peanut Butter & Co. Dark Chocolate Dreams is so much better.
  • DerArschHut
    Options
    Nutella is a processed sugar/oil mixture more akin to cake frosting than a healthy fat source. It's main ingredient is sugar.

Grind your own peanut butter out of dry roasted, unsalted peanuts. No oils, no salt (if you are into that sort of thing), no sugar. Takes less than 10 mins and you save yourself the gas to drive to whole foods et. al. and buy their over-priced, but incredibaly tasty PB.

Or spread a whole advocado all over whatever else you are eating. You can eat one of those and get a crap-ton of fat and calories without any effort, i have to do that myself.

But otherwise, the BROs don't lie. :) Nuts, fish, avocado, olive oil, whole eggs, dairy if you can do it.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    salmon, fillet steak, peanut butter, cheese
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    A block of butter wrapped in bacon....just like Homer Simpson eats!
  • YouMadBro8281
    Options
    Nutella....the food of GODS.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Nutella is a processed sugar/oil mixture more akin to cake frosting than a healthy fat source. It's main ingredient is sugar.

Grind your own peanut butter out of dry roasted, unsalted peanuts. No oils, no salt (if you are into that sort of thing), no sugar. Takes less than 10 mins and you save yourself the gas to drive to whole foods et. al. and buy their over-priced, but incredibaly tasty PB.

Or spread a whole advocado all over whatever else you are eating. You can eat one of those and get a crap-ton of fat and calories without any effort, i have to do that myself.

But otherwise, the BROs don't lie. :) Nuts, fish, avocado, olive oil, whole eggs, dairy if you can do it.

sounds like fun, but i'm going to stick with nutella :p
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options

OMG!! Is it one of those BAD foods? Noone told me! :D:D:D
  • rml_16
    Options

OMG!! Is it one of those BAD foods? Noone told me! :D:D:D

Well, when something tastes like plastic, to me it isn't worth the calories.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    oil add it to your cooking and salads
  • DerArschHut
    Options
    This is kinda funny but according to this article on a class action lawsuit (a lawsuit?!!) on the fact that nutella was marketed as a health food ... "Two tablespoons of Nutella contains the equivalent of five teaspoons of sugar. That's very high."

http://www.aarp.org/food/diet-nutrition/info-02-2011/the-shocking-news-about-nutella.html

I guess if you eat it like your cheat candy type food, you could do FAR worse, but like rml said, i have other things i'd rather use calories on. Plus, i think i smells funny, hahaha!
  • rml_16
    Options
    This is kinda funny but according to this article on a class action lawsuit (a lawsuit?!!) on the fact that nutella was marketed as a health food ... "Two tablespoons of Nutella contains the equivalent of five teaspoons of sugar. That's very high."

http://www.aarp.org/food/diet-nutrition/info-02-2011/the-shocking-news-about-nutella.html

I guess if you eat it like your cheat candy type food, you could do FAR worse, but like rml said, i have other things i'd rather use calories on. Plus, i think i smells funny, hahaha!
    It actually was NEVER marketed as a health food. That particular lawsuit annoys me beyond belief. What the ads say is that Nutella is a good way to get your family/kids to eat whole grains by spreading it on whole grain toast.

It never once says anything about Nutella being healthy. Just because people don't pay attention, the company gets sued for false advertising that wasn't false.
  • DerArschHut
    Options
    Interesting. I did not know that, I couldn't get past that a lawsuit even existed for something so ridiculous. I find hazelnut flavoring absolutely horrid in taste and smell, so i never bothered with it.

i guess the bottom line is to follow the directions on the label and use accordingly. Maybe like, for a post-marathon treat?
  • Knsclptr30
    Options
    A potent mix of several types of fats especially heathy organic saturated fats including organic grass fed butter, organic cream, the eggs yolks of fertile eggs, the natural fats occurring in healthy grass fed beef lamb buffalo, organic yogurt, organic cottage cheese, organic raw cow or goat cheese, sheep milk feta cheese, etc. Then you mix in the medium chain triglycerides (mcts) from organic unrefined extra virgin coconut oil the type of fat that is more metabolically active and help burn fat, the heart healthy monounsaturated fats from organic extra virgin olive oil (use in salads veggies not for cooking, use coconut oil for cooking instead), the omega 3 fats from fatty cold water fish such as herring sardines wild salmon, and of course from various raw nuts and seeds such as walnuts almonds pumpkin seeds, etc
  • Knsclptr30
    Options
    Nutella is garbage
  • brittaney10811
    brittaney10811 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    avocados and almonds :tongue:
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Like the answer to most of lifes problems....BACON!

Just to reiterate.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options

Wrong.
  • DerArschHut
    Options
    Like the answer to most of lifes problems....BACON!

Just to reiterate.

What about turkey bacon? Or is that by definition not very fatty. I haven't had bacon much since moving out of my parents nearly 10 years ago. Sad, really. Not having bacon in my life, lol!
  • thesophierose
    thesophierose Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    mmm Almond butter. Good for your abs ;)

Avocado.
    Olive Oil.
    Almonds or walnuts.
    Dark chocolate, who could pass off chocolate? Healthy for youuu! :D
  • conniedj
    conniedj Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    My favorites have been listed, but here is another;

Raw whole milk and Nature's Plus Coconut with Chia Granola....;he good fats are so yummy!