Is the Nasty sweet stuff being manipulated

Options

Replies

• KateK8LoseW8
    KateK8LoseW8 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    These are people who are trying to lose weight and trying to get healthy and they arguing against good sense , good advice, science and all the other that my doc talks about, my trainer talks about my nutriionists talks about. ?????

I think some people here don''t hey want to lose wieght or get healthy they just want to whine

Do food industries pay these guys to post here. Constantly nagging and complaining when someone posts some info that is sensible, the same stuff my doc, my trainer and nutrienist are telling us.

My buddy who is an exsmoker says this is like joining a quit smoking board and each time someone posts something about bad about he ciiqarette industry then its denial !!!! They show up to jump all over the poster. If it was a quit smoking board you could assume they were all in the closet lighting up.
    He says they just aren't ready to give up on their bad habits.

I know the food industry pays millions to advertise their junk on tv are they trolling the message boards like a bunch of shills trolling out good info, thinking that just cuz I am fat and not so educated they can bamboozle me. Once upon time they might have been able to but not any more.

I read this stuff and it makes sense. The shills on this board do not!!

I'm a shill? Certainly not. I'm a former obese chick who figured out that I could just eat LESS cake and move my *kitten* and lose weight. And it worked. I'm almost normal weight now in BMI terms. And I still eat ice cream bars and pudding and peanut butter sandwiches and frozen dinners. Nobody here is saying pop tarts and ice cream are the nutritional equivalent of kale and chicken breast. We're just saying you can still eat a pop tart now and then and not magically gain 150 pounds and die of diabetes complications. "Bad food" doesn't make you fat. It tastes good, which is why people buy them. And then people eat too much of them and THAT makes them fat.

There's no big conspiracy to make us all obese. Companies are responding to consumer demand. People want pop tarts and ice cream because they're delicious, so food companies make them, and make them taste awesome. End of story.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    I think some people here don''t hey want to lose wieght or get healthy they just want to whine

And some people delight in spouting nonsense, misinformation, and conspiracy theories solely for the sake of being inflammatory...

31158311.jpg
  • Lichent
    Lichent Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    what conspiracy??? I may not be educated but I know about dirty dealins and trade agreesments. My buddy says he has heard all these arguments before , it was the same with the ciqarette companies. Same old arguments same old denail.
    Governments stepped in and banned smoking in public buildings and raised the taxes to cover health costs, my buddy says not to worry this is going to happend sooner than later to these guys.
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    etgveq.gif
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    Notice there weren't any response to my other thread
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1104030-the-kitchen-garden

I didn't see your other thread. I wouldn't have commented on it even if I had seen it because it doesn't really seem to warrant any response. You're not asking for any kind of input and you're also not throwing out any "factual" information that needs to be refuted. You're just making a statement that you're starting a garden.

Though it was impressive that she could condemn welfare while talking about her desire to be active in the social justice movement. That's high-level hypocrisy right there.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

I didn't see your other thread. I wouldn't have commented on it even if I had seen it because it doesn't really seem to warrant any response. You're not asking for any kind of input and you're also not throwing out any "factual" information that needs to be refuted. You're just making a statement that you're starting a garden.

Though it was impressive that she could condemn welfare while talking about her desire to be active in the social justice movement. That's high-level hypocrisy right there.

*nod nods*

:drinker: :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Oh, oh, you and Minnie, a match made in heaven!

Yep. Either Minnie will comment in this thread later or vice versa on Minnie's. Interesting cause I looked and they ain't even friends yet have so much in common :laugh:

Perhaps Minnie is the buddy
  • Lichent
    Lichent Posts: 157 Member
    Options

even someone like me without a college education knows the difference between corporate welfare and social welfare. It is amazing every first world country has a free medical system avaiable to everyone and the U.S. the best it can come up with is Obama care. With the obesity levels insurance premiums will be going sky high.
  • wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    Don't you think they're just trying to get people to buy their product?
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    You mean food companies have WHOLE departments dedicated to making their food taste awesome so that we are more likely to eat more of it and keep them in business?

FOR SHAME!!!!!!

HOW DARE THEY!!!!!

BRING THEM UP ON CHARGES NOW!!!!!

WON'T SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!!
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options

You know what that means in lay terms? They made food that tastes good.

What?? How dare they?? I bet they are also trying to turn a profit! Those scallywags!
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    These are people who are trying to lose weight and trying to get healthy and they arguing against good sense , good advice, science and all the other that my doc talks about, my trainer talks about my nutriionists talks about. ?????

Do food industries pay these guys to post here. Constantly nagging and complaining when someone posts some info that is sensible, the same stuff my doc, my trainer and nutrienist are telling us.

My buddy who is an exsmoker says this is like joining a quit smoking board and each time someone posts something about bad about he ciiqarette industry then its denial !!!! They show up to jump all over the poster. If it was a quit smoking board you could assume they were all in the closet lighting up.
    He says they just aren't ready to give up on their bad habits.

I know the food industry pays millions to advertise their junk on tv are they trolling the message boards like a bunch of shills trolling out good info, thinking that just cuz I am fat and not so educated they can bamboozle me. Once upon time they might have been able to but not any more.

I read this stuff and it makes sense. The shills on this board do not!!

In my head, I pictured this......post makes no sense at all....
    tumblr_m83mmxbO5w1qh01r8o1_400.gif
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Oh, oh, you and Minnie, a match made in heaven!

Yep. Either Minnie will comment in this thread later or vice versa on Minnie's. Interesting cause I looked and they ain't even friends yet have so much in common :laugh:

Perhaps Minnie is the buddy

Could be because Buddy is certainly opinionated enough!
  • myplacetohide
    myplacetohide Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Oy! I remember when my mom found Jesus under the couch. It was her only topic of conversation for years. She still kind of leans towards the couch when having to answer for something she doesn't want to own up to.

I'm not much of a conspiracy theorist myself. I think that if i smoke, I'm the one who stuck the thing in my mouth (1 year and 3 days clean , thank you very much) Are they my kryptonite? Yup. Do I crave them and desire them and initially thought about them every second of every waking moment? Yuppers. But, eventually, I slowly broke free. Kind of like dieting is.

Like the smart chick said...the pop tarts aren't the devil...it's the fact that you need to eat all 8 (minus the crust of course, because that means you are eating wisely) Or, if you really care about yourself, you will only eat in the dark of night.

See? It's the warped mentality that we create for ourselves.

It's not the kit-kat honey...it's the devil inside...
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options

even someone like me without a college education knows the difference between corporate welfare and social welfare. It is amazing every first world country has a free medical system avaiable to everyone and the U.S. the best it can come up with is Obama care. With the obesity levels insurance premiums will be going sky high.

83074132.gif
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    what conspiracy??? I may not be educated but I know about dirty dealins and trade agreesments. My buddy says he has heard all these arguments before , it was the same with the ciqarette companies. Same old arguments same old denail.
    Governments stepped in and banned smoking in public buildings and raised the taxes to cover health costs, my buddy says not to worry this is going to happend sooner than later to these guys.

get a new buddy too ..

you may need an entire "reset"...unplug the cord, wait thirty seconds, and plug back in....
  • nadroj1120
    Options
    Consider a raw Alkaline diet, its something works great for me.
  • MuseofSong
    MuseofSong Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    The food manufacturers research until they find the "sweet spot" - just the right combination of sugar, salt and fat to keep you eating even though you have already had a serving and maybe are feeling full. It isn't just the sweet stuff, salty stuff, fatty stuff (peanut butter has sugar added) and all the processed foods are affected. I eat nothing that is processed. It's junk. If you don't believe me, look around and you'll see tons of overweight people eating and drinking junk.

Umm, excuse me *clears throat* ahem, pardon me . . .

OMG NOT THE PEANUT BUTTER!

Have you ever tasted all natural, no sugar added peanut butter? It's straight up nasty. It's oily, gross, thick, horribad paste. It's like someone already chewed my perfectly decent jar peanuts, spit them back in the jar, and said, 'here ya go, sport!'

Added sugar and salt is not a conspiracy it's primarily to preserve food and make it go from BLARGH to Yumz! Yes, they have people test food products until it tastes good. I guess that's finding 'the sweet spot'. However, that's a real job for real people. And it's not so Americans get fat. It's so their food product sells.

No one is going to buy food they do not like the appearance, smell, mouthfeel or taste of, the end.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    Consider a raw Alkaline diet, its something works great for me.

http://8b594bw-h8wxdtbp9wgwctcx40.hop.clickbank.net/
    789chan-tom-cruise-spurdo-spurdo-sparde-you-mad-he-mad-tom-cruise-chris-chan-sonichu-meme-generator-hahahahahahaha-oh-wait-you-are-serious-hahahaha-fb85b0.jpg?1343784915.jpg
  • wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tasted all natural, no sugar added peanut butter? It's straight up nasty. It's oily, gross, thick, horribad paste. It's like someone already chewed my perfectly decent jar peanuts, spit them back in the jar, and said, 'here ya go, sport!'

OK, I am not easily offended, but I am on the verge of reporting this to the moderators.