9 lbs lost but something's wrong...

Options

Replies

• ThisTimeWorks
    Options
    Not all trainers know what they're talking about, and I'm not the only person in this thread telling you that your trainer probably isn't right.

Buuut, since you obviously know exactly what your problem is and how to solve it. Have a good night, doctor!

So basically a trainer, who went through schooling, who've "build" himself, who has been working with people like me for past 15 years, who measured me, weighed me knows LESS than you and as you said others?Huh...

I asked for simple suggestions and maybe answers, if there's nothing HELPFUL can be said then why say anything at all?
    There are few people who UNDERSTAND what I am saying and giving suggestions...but some..
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    No, I just think only some understand what I am saying on here.

My TRAINER set my limit to 1300!
    What? He is wrong and you guys are right?

It's possible, sure.

But if you are going to insist that your trainer is right, why ask us for advice in the first place? Obviously you don't want to take any of the advice you're being given?

There are tons of people on here, myself included, who have had much better success with eating MORE food (I eat 1900 a day now) than with eating less (I used to eat 1200, bleh). We are simply sharing those experiences with you and suggesting that eating more can actually improve your weight loss. Personally, I think we're worth listening to. Of course, your trainer is also worth listening to! It's up to you to try out different things and decide what works best for you. But I think it's a little silly to shoot everyone down just because they suggest something different than what your trainer said.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    I can tell you from experience that when you have a lot to lose you can drop weight by practically just thinking about it. You're just starting out too, weight flies off at the beginning with hardly any work. You mention going over your allowance but from what you're saying, you're not going that far over so you're probably still in a deficit so you will continue to lose weight. Are you weighing and measuring food? If you're not even logging accurately I'm not sure what kind of answers you expect.

The long and short of it is, if you are losing weight and continue to lose weight long term, then you're in a calorie deficit. That's all that's really important. Keep it up.

And most of the time, I would say 90% I log food, I just don't log EXTRA on top of my already OVER limit.

Why not? What's the point of logging your food if you're not going to enter it accurately? It doesn't matter to me, just seems like a waste of time. Regardless, you're clearly eating in a deficit one way or another, even if it's just by blind luck. So I wouldn't say "something's wrong" as you alluded to in your thread title. Everything seems fine to me.
  • dynamitegalxo
    dynamitegalxo Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    So basically a trainer, who went through schooling, who've "build" himself, who has been working with people like me for past 15 years, who measured me, weighed me knows LESS than you and as you said others?Huh...

I asked for simple suggestions and maybe answers, if there's nothing HELPFUL can be said then why say anything at all?
    There are few people who UNDERSTAND what I am saying and giving suggestions...but some..

The threads that other people have suggested you read will basically tell you the same thing I've told you. So... ok.

Why are you not open to the answers people are giving you? You're the one asking, but you want to insist we're wrong.
  • ThisTimeWorks
    Options

It's possible, sure.

But if you are going to insist that your trainer is right, why ask us for advice in the first place? Obviously you don't want to take any of the advice you're being given?

There are tons of people on here, myself included, who have had much better success with eating MORE food (I eat 1900 a day now) than with eating less (I used to eat 1200, bleh). We are simply sharing those experiences with you and suggesting that eating more can actually improve your weight loss. Personally, I think we're worth listening to. Of course, your trainer is also worth listening to! It's up to you to try out different things and decide what works best for you. But I think it's a little silly to shoot everyone down just because they suggest something different than what your trainer said.

Again, my question isn't how to lose weight and what to change , my question is WHY.
  • ThisTimeWorks
    Options

The threads that other people have suggested you read will basically tell you the same thing I've told you. So... ok.

Why are you not open to the answers people are giving you? You're the one asking, but you want to insist we're wrong.

Question was why, not HELP ME LOSE WEIGHT, GIVE SUGGESTIONS ON HOW TO IMPROVE EATING.
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    You should log in everything, because thats the only way you will see a trend. thats the whole point of it.

And we are not there in real life so we dont know anything for real, what you look like, if your trainer is legit or not, or anything, sometimes your verbiage is a bit hard to understand, so I mean come on. really. Peeps are trying to help you.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options

Yes. I think your trainer is short-changing you big time.

I's really nice of you to hold the guy in such high esteem and take his word on everything, but to be honest, a lot of trainers don't have all that extensive of educations, and MANY are worrisomely ignorant on the subject of TDEE and energy expenditure. 1300 cals a day for a woman of your height and weight is way too low. You say you're self-taught, that's awesome, so do some poking around and calculate your TDEE for yourself, and you'll see that you are actually supposed to be eating much more.
  • NonnyMary
    Options
    Go see a doctor and get a check up and get a professional opinion.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options

It's possible, sure.

Again, my question isn't how to lose weight and what to change , my question is WHY.

I know... I tried my best to give you an answer as to why in my first post.

Read this thread again, read the links that others have posted, do some research on TDEE and on "eat more to weigh less." All of those things can help explain why, when you were eating "clean" and therefore eating less, you weren't losing as quickly as you are now that you're eating more.

Good luck with your weight loss journey!
  • dynamitegalxo
    Options

Question was why, not HELP ME LOSE WEIGHT, GIVE SUGGESTIONS ON HOW TO IMPROVE EATING.

I've told you in every post I've made in this thread. You were not physically eating enough calories to lose weight when you were eating "clean." When you eat more,regardless of the type of calories, you are now eating enough calories to lose weight. That. Is. Why. You. Lose. Weight.

I didn't answer either of the other questions you just shouted at me.
  • ThisTimeWorks
    Options
    You should log in everything, because thats the only way you will see a trend. thats the whole point of it.

And we are not there in real life so we dont know anything for real, what you look like, if your trainer is legit or not, or anything, sometimes your verbiage is a bit hard to understand, so I mean come on. really. Peeps are trying to help you.

VERBIAGE?? What is that?and if ANYTHING is wrong with the way I word my sentences is because I am a FOREIGNER!
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options

It's possible, sure.

LaurenAOK and others already answered this for you:
    Now that you're not eating clean, you are eating more (again, like you've said repeatedly). You're probably actually eating an appropriate amount of calories for your body now, resulting in better weight loss results. We get this idea in our heads that eating too much is bad, but we forget that eating to little is bad as well. When you were eating clean you probably were eating too little and now you are not.

Search "eat more to weigh less" on the forums if you want more info on this type of thing.
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Not sure. Either way, eating close to goal, you are still eating at a deficit. It doesn't matter whether you are eating clean or "regular." Weight loss isn't linear, so the results you're seeing aren't necessarily a direct result of the most recent day or two, but an overall trend.

I would guess that the discrepancy would lie either in the accuracy of your logging or in the number your calorie goal is set at, regardless of where that goal came from. Do you weigh and/or measure all food and have you tried a TDEE calculator?
  • ThisTimeWorks
    Options

I've told you in every post I've made in this thread. You were not physically eating enough calories to lose weight when you were eating "clean." When you eat more,regardless of the type of calories, you are now eating enough calories to lose weight. That. Is. Why. You. Lose. Weight.

I didn't answer either of the other questions you just shouted at me.

Didn't you say it's "pointless" to talk to me...why are you still saying same thing? I trust my trainer who told me eat 1300 not you saying I eat too big of a deficit...

Goodness...simple question requires a simple answer, not spamming on it..
  • ThisTimeWorks
    Options

Not sure. Either way, eating close to goal, you are still eating at a deficit. It doesn't matter whether you are eating clean or "regular." Weight loss isn't linear, so the results you're seeing aren't necessarily a direct result of the most recent day or two, but an overall trend.

I would guess that the discrepancy would lie either in the accuracy of your logging or in the number your goal is set at, regardless of where that came from. Do you weigh and/or measure all food and have you tried a TDEE calculator?

Yes.
  • dynamitegalxo
    Options
    I'm saying the same thing because you're not listening, despite the fact that most of the people in the thread are telling you the same thing. Have fun starving on 1300 calories and not losing weight.

Have a cookie and relax, my friend.
  • NonnyMary
    Options

VERBIAGE?? What is that?and if ANYTHING is wrong with the way I word my sentences is because I am a FOREIGNER!

I think you are over-reacting to an innocent word. I use verbiage .. its a good word.. i dont know any other better word to describe a term used for a bunch of words.

I think you are getting annoyed because you are looking for an answer and your not getting it. I dont know, what to tell you.
  • ThisTimeWorks
    Options

Thank you, I will read it. :flowerforyou: