Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Capri pants after Labor Day?

13»

Replies

• Pooks1n1Schmoops
    Pooks1n1Schmoops Posts: 199 Member
    As long as they're not white.

Why not white. I wear white anytime. As long as I am paying for my clothes I do what I want, not what is dictated by others.

The "white rule" is not longer really a rule. It used to be that they said you couldn't wear white after labor day unless it was winter white. That's not true anymore.

Rock the white!
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    If you like them, then you should wear them - that whole "dressing based on arbitrary calendar dates" went out in the Victorian era, I'm not sure why it's still a thing.

But you're wrong about them looking good. They're a terrible, awful monstronsity of a pants. Like their spiritual sisters the jeggings, they make every body type look slightly worse - which is a fine and noble thing if you've got a great body and don't want to make everyone else feel bad about themselves. Otherwise, it's definitely possible to find things that are both cooler and cuter to wear. (Skirts?)

As I mentioned before I am not able to wear skirts in my work environment because I have to bend over all the time in front of people. I have a specific situation that only allows me two choices: capris or long pants.
  • RuleFive
    RuleFive Posts: 880 Member
    I came, expecting pics. Leaving now.
  • Sweetestthing87
    Sweetestthing87 Posts: 276 Member
    Capri's, not my thing, unless in a workout pant (LOVE WORKOUT CAPRI RUNNING PANTS) but I say wear what works for you!

I work downtown and they make those few ladies that wear them look frumpy. I know they have dressier styles that you can dress up and all but these ladies here, have that other ladies neighbor's capris going on. Hey, at least we can dress comfy here.

I really like "ankle" pants.

Yeah, and that old "white" rule is just that: OLD. I wear what I want and look forward to slimming down and wearing MORE (or less) of it!
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Capri's, not my thing, unless in a workout pant (LOVE WORKOUT CAPRI RUNNING PANTS) but I say wear what works for you!

I work downtown and they make those few ladies that wear them look frumpy. I know they have dressier styles that you can dress up and all but these ladies here, have that other ladies neighbor's capris going on. Hey, at least we can dress comfy here.

Response: So what I think of capris are cargo pants that roll up or like my Vigoss blingy cropped jeans that I cuff. Maybe they might be ankle pants to others? I work at a high volume dive bar so I have to be covered up to avoid being raped (and by employer mandate) but I also need to look casual but not frumpy. It's also hot in there but cold outside. I live in Montana, so people don't do dressy anyway. I don't own elastic waist capris.
  • bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    Yes.. It's still in the 80-90's here in So Cal.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    as long as they're not white...white pants should be banned forever.
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Wear them if it is warm enough, who cares what time of the year it is. I love them myself and I'll wear them any time I can.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    If you like them why not. Personally I think they look goofy, but that's just because I think flood protection is overrated.
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    I actually wear my capris and crops and ankle pants all year around. I wear them like gauchos in the winter with my knee high boots.
  • janessanessa
    janessanessa Posts: 299 Member
    Wore mine yesterday, and it was 80 out.
  • Sweetestthing87
    Sweetestthing87 Posts: 276 Member

Response: So what I think of capris are cargo pants that roll up or like my Vigoss blingy cropped jeans that I cuff. Maybe they might be ankle pants to others? I work at a high volume dive bar so I have to be covered up to avoid being raped (and by employer mandate) but I also need to look casual but not frumpy. It's also hot in there but cold outside. I live in Montana, so people don't do dressy anyway. I don't own elastic waist capris.

Then what you are describing and for the work environment Capri's sounds perfect. Wear them as long as you can.. keep a blanket in the car for the ride home.. :wink:

I have the opposite problem here, I live in Texas, 100 degrees outside but they keep our offices like meat lockers. ha ha My sister wears a lot of the capris that you describe and she rocks them... Happy day, hope you got the answers you were looking for! :drinker:
  • endoftheside
    endoftheside Posts: 568 Member
    It's a sad day in October when I finally put away my capris and flip flops until March.
  • Mechanikitty
    Mechanikitty Posts: 90 Member
    Hm, why not go for a sort of cargo capri when it gets cooler? Get something that can be tightened around the bottom and a dark colour to keep the heat in. I would make a suggestion to try shorter shorts(mid knee length, not those awful high-waisted bum flashers) with some woolly tights. Shorts and woolly tights with cool patterns are a staple for me in Autumn/Winter.

You could also try a skirt with 3/4 length leggings. I have a really cool skirt that goes just above knee high and then has a see-through part at the bottom that almost reaches my ankles so my stripey leggings peek through.

Capris and trousers can't be your only option. Experiment a little.