I really miss cheese!!!

Options

Replies

• stillnot2late
    stillnot2late Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Oh gosh, and feta's a good low-cal one too! How did I forget feta? :)

http://www.nutracheck.co.uk/calories/calories_in_dairy/calories_in_cheese.html

Feta rocks, Havarti Dill rocks even more!
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I did not read the whole thread and someone has probably already said this, but there are 45 calorie slices that would fit into your calories for the day without making too big of a dent. My suggestion is choosing a flavorful cheese like extra sharp cheddar to really maximise the taste.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Is it possible that your calorie goal is too low?

Lots of people think that they need to cut calories drastically to lose weight, but the resulting deficit in certain micronutrients can actually interfere with your weight loss. There is no reason why you couldn't work in a serving of cheese every day on a moderate calorie deficit.
  • happy2mamma
    happy2mamma Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    try feta or laughing cow cheese (only 35 calories a wedge)
  • stillnot2late
    Options
    Low fat cheese tastes like rubber. Go for the real stuff, just try to eat less of it. Easier said than done, I know. I like those Mini Babybell cheese things...70 cals and 6 g fat. I also like fresh mozzarella and string cheese.

Rubber - right, and it had the nerve to squeek between my teeth when I tried it.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    Options
    I say sacrifice 80-120 calories of something else less yummy and measure out your serving of cheese on a food scale.

Nothing is as yummy as cheese. Except maybe bacon. But I'd give up bacon before I gave up cheese.
  • stillnot2late
    Options
    I say sacrifice 80-120 calories of something else less yummy and measure out your serving of cheese on a food scale.

Nothing is as yummy as cheese. Except maybe bacon. But I'd give up bacon before I gave up cheese.

1. cheese (real)
    2. Peanut butter
    3. bacon
  • snejkaxo
    snejkaxo Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Mascarpone is 60 cal in 2 tbs! It's a load of spreadable cheese, if you ask me for very little calories. I eat it every day, and it is awesome!
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Last night, as I was watching my Denver Broncos win yet another game, I had homemade chips w/ queso. The queso consisted of lots of cheese (obviously), ground beef, salsa, and jalapenos, along with a few other items to bring the sauce together. I woke this morning feeling great, and completely confident that I am still on track to lose weight, as I have been for the last few months.

My advice is to eat the cheese. Don't deprive yourself.

Eat all the cheeses.
  • barbz2119
    barbz2119 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    If you like it don't give it up. You shouldn't deprive yourself of anything. I use a stronger flavour cheese and just use less.
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    to someone who loves cheese - answer this -

Can you spend the REST of your life - with NO cheese EVER?

What kind of life is that if you enjoy it?

I understand the 'cold turkey' and the eliminating foods that we are addicted to, but....

wouldn't it be better to manage your cravings so that you CAN enjoy cheese sometime?

then you CAN have some cheese and it will not hurt you.

by the way, 0% fat cheese tastes like rubber, i wont eat it. i do like the part skim shreds, they are really pretty good. A little bit on a salad makes that salad totally enjoyable.
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    I eat cheese strings for breakfast. 60 calories each and there's some good protein in there. I don't see why you can't just eat that.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Move to France.
    :)
  • niftyafterfifty
    niftyafterfifty Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I have cheese every day. It's an important part of my food plan. I have an oz. of cheddar with crackers for one of my daily snacks and routinely have cheese in casseroles and on pizza. Yes, I eat pizza too. I'm 57 years old and lost 40 pounds in a year. I've been maintaining since January, so eat cheese if you want it.
  • sierahorsefree
    Options
    Too bad you didn't try low carb diet. Cheese is acceptable in low carb :)
  • babyblooz
    babyblooz Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Mine is between 1200 and 1300. I eat mega amounts of food

:huh:
  • sunsetzen
    sunsetzen Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I eat 1350 cals and have cheese (Gouda or cottage cheese) everyday.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Use a very strong flavoured cheese so you get the flavour without having to use a large quantity (Parmesan, Gorgonzola, Mature Cheddar, Stilton etc.....).

Would run for cheese. :smile:

This!^ Look for 2% Sharp Cheddar .....it goes much further

Laughing Cow has light cheese wedges. These spread nicely on apple slices, wheat crackers, etc. Not a ton of cheese .... but it might help get your cheese fix for the day. Lots of yummy flavors.
  • gabbygirl78
    gabbygirl78 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I eat cheese all the time. I get the weight watchers cheese sticks.. Love the jalapeno!!!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Too bad you didn't try low carb diet. Cheese is acceptable in low carb :)

Um........really?

FYI: I'm not low carb because it's not a sustainable lifestyle change for me (and I'm not diabetic) ...... BUT cheese is "acceptable" in my diet too.