What do you do for a living?

Options

Replies

• BoomstickChick
    BoomstickChick Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I'm a stay at home mom, going to school for accounting, starting classes soon to do taxes for the upcoming season as well.
  • earvizu92
    earvizu92 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Registered Respiratory Therapist......Ive worked the same hospital for 10 years and love what I do!! Plus.... I dont SMOKE!! :flowerforyou:
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Senior litigation paralegal in a plaintiff's personal injury firm - focus on medical malpractice - it's stressful, makes me really consider alcoholism sometimes (many in this field do)....and I freaking LOVE my job!!!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,680 Member
    Options
    I get to train people and assist in helping them get stronger, more fit and achieve the physique they desire. I LOVE MY JOB!

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • drcuspid
    Options
    Dentist and i love my job..every day there's a new challenge
  • NiccoleG
    NiccoleG Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm a chef. I recently started a new job, which I hate, so that I could get a better work shift. I'm constantly around all types of food, so MFP is a godsend!
  • xapril77x
    xapril77x Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    <-- Spoiled oilfield wife... My husband is a Construction Representative in the oilfield & I'm a SAHM... but previously I owned & operated 2 convenience stores... Luv the ppl I used 2 get 2 be around... It was never a dull moment! Life is boring me 2 death lately!
  • michellechawner
    Options
    I am the office manager / customer support / technical phone support / dispatcher for a small telephone company in Orange County, CA. We sell and service business telephone systems, including being a Mitel Exclusive Business Partner. I LOVE my job. Sometimes the stress is a lot, but it is a laid back office, with only 10 employees. 3 in Sales (including the president of the company), 2 customer service (myself and my part time assistant), as well as one bookeeper, one VP, 2 technicians, and 3 temporary techs that help when we need assistance, but not on normal payroll (subcontracting account).

Wouldn't trade this job for anything (did I also mention, I have the option to work from home?).
  • holliebevineau
    holliebevineau Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I work for a huge catering company. I bartend on the weekends. I mother everyday, all day. I wife most nights, and when I do its ALL NIGHT!!:drinker:
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    teach... elementary level. I've taught every subject... including PE, Music, Art... oh and now computers... I love teaching and working with the students... don't particularly enjoy the politics with the admin. :P
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Quality Manager / Quality Service Technician for a plant that makes beer bottles. What I love about my job is working with employees to improve processes and product, as well as building the relationships with our customers. What I hate about my job is the variability to the workflow. I may have a few weeks of moderate activity and then get slammed with customer and / or employee issues for several weeks at a time.
  • AyeCorona
    AyeCorona Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I own and operate a pawn shop with my husband and have some rental property. It's very stressful and no two days are the same, but we are comfortable and it's nice getting to spend all day with my best friend.
  • dcarr67
    dcarr67 Posts: 1,403
    Options
    Aviation Safety Inspector- your tax dollars at work LOL
  • danaphenix
    Options
    Working on a doctorate.
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    Over-educated unemployed individual here... 'still' looking. :sad:
  • paulh3nry
    paulh3nry Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Information Systems and Application Engineer. It suits me.
  • teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I'm a chef...i work for a global solutions company (we provide all kind sof support...food, laundry, housekeeping, IT, valet, medical, dieticians, concierge services, medical equipment services, etc...just depends on the client). I run the kitchen at a military hospital. I love my job...! (My staff on the other hand...if I could get them all to come to work as scheduled for just ONE day, I would honstly start looking for flying pigs...)
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    i stand in a wet, refrigerated back-room shivering my @ss off while i cut fruit all day. it is awesome.
  • jrlja5
    Options
    After working in preschools for the last 26 years, I quit last year and became a nanny. I do like the "smaller stage" that I have now, and it sure is alot quieter.:laugh:
  • AyeCorona
    AyeCorona Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Packaging Engineer

Love your profile pic!