What's your exercise routine?

Options
2»

Replies

• rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Mine is sporadic. I am helping to raise my 3 year old grandson and I don't have much time to myself. I get up at 5 and get ready for work and usually by the time I get home, I am tending to him until bedtime. Sometimes he lets me get some exercise in. I am seriously contemplating getting up at 4 or 4:30 so I can exercise, but then I worry about being even MORE tired than I already am. Decisions, decisions.
    Take him with you on walks in the evenings, or get a membership to gym that has a babysitting service. With kids you can't "find" the time, you have to make it.
  • mjrkearney
    mjrkearney Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Sundays: cardio, either in the gym or outside. Running, elliptical, hills, whatever. 60+ minutes.
    Mondays: yoga 60 minutes or upper body strength training.
    Tuesdays: lower body strength training +/- uppers.
    Wednesdays: yoga 60 minutes +/- cardio, and kickboxing starts next week.
    Thursdays: upper body +/- cardio.
    Fridays: Lower body +/- upper body.
    Saturdays: I don't think I remember what a rest day is, but this week we're going to KC RenFest.

Tomorrow I'm going to talk to the local run club to see how to get started with them.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Monday: Leg Work
    Tuesday: C25K and Pressing and Pulling Strength Work
    Wednesday: Yoga and Upper Calisthenics/Strength Training
    Thursday: C25K and Pressing and Pulling Strength Work
    Friday: Yoga and Lower Calisthenics/Strength Training
    Saturday: Elliptical, Chin-Ups and optional Yoga
    Sunday: Yoga and optional Elliptical
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    M/W/F - Nike Training Club app, various workouts with dumbbells from 30-45 minutes, 20 minutes of kickboxing and/or walking my dogs

T/Th/S - Running, 2-5 miles

Sunday - rest
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I like mixing up my workouts and doing challenges. This month I'm doing JM's Ripped in 30 4 - 5 days per week which throws off my usual routine. Typically I:

Lift: M, W & F - A Bodypump type class one day a week and lift heavy for 2 sessions.

Walking: I power walk briskly outdoors for about 3 miles. Also I use Leslie Sansone's videos (2 - 6 miles depending) 4 - 5 days per week for my cardio.

Pilates: I have a Pilates machine at home I use 3 - 4 times per week for stretching and to keep me limber and flexible.

Misc: I love throwing in a YouTube video for variety. I mainly use Jessica Smith, Cassey Ho, Fitness Blender and FitSugar workouts.
  • primal_cupcakes
    primal_cupcakes Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I bike commute pretty much everyday. I filled the gas tank in my car 6 weeks ago and it's still full! I like to do long rides for fun, too.
    I also take a yoga class twice a week.
    I lift weights 2-4 times a week, depending. Some heavy compound lifts and some circuit training.
    I try to do 2 HIIT workouts a week, usually sprints. Sometimes I'll do an Insanity dvd instead of a HIIT workout.
  • FourIsCompany
    FourIsCompany Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    M-W-F NROL4W
    T-Th Water aerobics
    Walk every day from 20 - 40 minutes (increasing to an hour or 5K)
  • harleygroomer
    harleygroomer Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I do my 4 mile at 4miles an hour (timed) everyday except Sunday and then 3 times a week I do a zumba class or PUSH mow the front yard. Then I have hand weighs that I do at night watching the tellie. AND situps/crunches during the commercials. In all I put in 2 hours a day so that I can have 1000 to 1200 calories burned every other day and 400 in between days. Seems to work for me but you will have to find what works for you.
  • wsajid
    wsajid Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    A tweeked version of Stronglifts 5 x 5. You don't need anything else.
  • tonyfinoro53
    tonyfinoro53 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    30 - 40 minutes of cardio 3X per week, with 2 of these having some resistance / strength exercises: 2 sets of squats (12reps), 2 sets if seated or bench press (12 reps), 2 sets of seated pulling weight machine

:smile:
  • ClintRehn
    ClintRehn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Currently, I am alternating R.I.P.P.E.D. classes with Spinning, Pilates and Yoga. I like them all, but, R.I.P.P.E.D. is definitely my favorite.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    3 days cardio, 3 days strength, 1 day rest.

Cardio is typically one session Spinning, one mixed session (run, row, elliptical etc.), one long cycle outdoors.
    Strength workouts are mainly in a circuit training style with a mix of free-weights, machines and bodyweight exercises depending on mood and availability of equipment.
  • lawlorka
    lawlorka Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    At the moment I'm on a Jillian Michaels mission so I use a couple of her DVDs

Monday - Weight Training class at gym, and Ripped in 30
    Tuesday - Legs,Bums & Tums class at gym, and Ripped in 30
    Wednesday - C25K and Ripped in 30
    Thursday - Rest Day
    Friday - C25K and Ripped in 30
    Saturday - Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism and Ripped in 30
    Sunday - C25K and Ripped in 30.

When I'm finished Ripped in 30 I'm moving onto the 30 day Shred, and when I finish C25K I'm going to move onto 5k to 10k.
  • LindaNM
    Options
    I lift weights and cardio 4-5 days a week. Next week I'm starting T25, along with my usual routine.
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Run 30 minutes 5-6 times a week, lift weights 2-3 times a week, and if the weather permits a long bike ride on the weekend...
  • BlueAngelChar
    BlueAngelChar Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    Monday - Double Spin Class
    Tuesday - Weights/Swim
    Wednesday - Personal Training Session
    Thursday - Metafit
    Friday - Body Pump/Swim
    Saturday - 70 - 100 minutes cardio
    Sunday - Swim/ Gentle Weights

I train approx. 12-15 hours a week depending on my free time but love it and I feel great for it!
  • Rosie4732
    Rosie4732 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Currently -

Monday - 5.5m run with interval training and Hill work + ride horse

Tuesday - metafit class + ride horse

Wednesday - 5.5m run with interval training and Hill work + ride horse

Thursday - rebound class + ride horse

Friday - metafit class. 5.5m run with interval training and Hill work + ride horse of Saturday is rest day

Saturday - rest day or as Sunday depending on what day competition is

Sunday - compete horse + 7m run (or rest day if competition is on Saturday)