Soooo Tired

Options
Does anyone have any advice on how to raise my energy level naturally???? Any foods that are natural energizers or vitamin/supplements that have worked for you? I am so tired and sleepy all the time it seems... I can hardly hold my eyes open when sitting at my desk and I have no energy to do anything but go home and sit on my couch watching tv and napping after work:yawn: . I don't even feel like cleaning my house and that is bad! Any ideas that I can try will be appreciated! Thanks!

Replies

• howardheilweil
    howardheilweil Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Did this start after a change in your diet?
  • _Krys10_
    _Krys10_ Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I feel that way on days I don't go to the gym.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Make an appointment with your Doctor.
  • sk_pirate
    sk_pirate Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Low iron, maybe?
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Any chance you're pregnant?
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    Any chance you're pregnant?

I second this. Go buy a test.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    B-vitamin supplement with B-6 and B-12

I forget to take mine sometimes, and I can tell the difference.
  • ray_2013
    ray_2013 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    it hpns wid me too... n d doc said dat it was becoz i am anemic... u should go n consult a doctor as well...
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're eating enough food and nutrient dense food such as:
    Veggies
    Fruits
    Nuts
    And other proteins
    Also drink lots of water and sublingual B12 has helped me.
    Exercise
    Have a check-up if it doesn't get better.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    it hpns wid me too... n d doc said dat it was becoz i am anemic... u should go n consult a doctor as well...

^^WTF does that say?:noway:
  • fittocycle
    fittocycle Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I felt like that when I was anemic. It might be worth talking to your doctor about and getting a blood test to see if your iron is low. If it is, it can be corrected with proper diet and maybe a supplement. However, please don't take an iron supplement without checking with your doctor. It can actually be dangerous if your iron levels are too high.:flowerforyou:
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I felt that way before I started walking outside for about 20 minutes first thing in the morning(about 3 times a week). The hardest part is getting myself out of the warm bed but once I come back I seem to have tons of energy.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    Get a pregnancy test.
    Get your iron levels checked.
    Take a multivitamin in case you are low on B vitamins.
    Drink moar coffee.
    Eat a breakfast with protein and complex carbs. (This works wonders for me tbh)
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    How's your diet and calorie intake? Are you trying to undereat to lose faster - bad idea. Are you eating a lot of processed foods? I'm no clean eater but when I'm honest with myself, I have to admit that eating processed stuff is mostly a waste of calories because it just leaves me hungry and doesn't provide much energy. Are you drinking plenty of water?

Opening your diary might help us give more constructive advice.
  • sobriquet84
    sobriquet84 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    i would recommend taking a woman's daily multi vitamin. i actually take a prenatal vitamin every day. (my husband and i are going to start trying soon but i actually switched from a regular woman's daily multi to a prenatal a few years ago because of really bad anemia.)

if i don't take it for a few days, i will be verrrrrrrry fatigued. and the B vitamins help a ton with energy levels. is it possible you're vitamin or iron deficient?

of course, talk to your doctor first.
  • allshebe
    allshebe Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    How much sleep are you getting? I tend to alternate between "burning the midnight oil" and "crash and burn" early in the evening. On crash and burn days, I go to bed earlier and get more sleep. I've always been this way, so, in my case, at least, it's not the work of a calorie deficit. Alternatively, you could be suffering from depression or (as others have suggested), one of the early symptoms of pregnancy is being tired all the time. Check your diet and make sure you're getting enough carbs and protein and if the fatigue doesn't resolve with any dietary improvements you might find as needful, please see your doctor.
  • Brige2269
    Brige2269 Posts: 354 Member
    Options

That's what I was thinking. I got a headache after the 5th word... If those are words...
  • jess7386
    jess7386 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    this happened to me & I found out I had lyme disease. Go get checked out by a doc.
  • mikeykhan2003
    Options

That's what I was thinking. I got a headache after the 5th word... If those are words...

It happens with me as well. I went to the Dr, and he believes I am anemic, which would account for my lethargy. The OP should consider inquiring of her Dr regarding anemia.
  • Brige2269
    Brige2269 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Having this problem years ago, I have to say, being tired, coupled with very sleepy in an overweight person, have your doctor arrange to have you checked for sleep apnea. Most overweight people have it with out realizing it. Correcting it, makes a world of difference.