Soooo Tired

Options

Replies

• gabbygirl78
    gabbygirl78 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Any chance you're pregnant?

I second this. Go buy a test.

Holy crap guys!! I don't think so! But now I'm worried about it lol....
  • aaroncirilo
    aaroncirilo Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    lots of water... enough sleep and morning cardio/exercise. Also.. I converted my desk to stand up desk instead of using a chair. if all else fails i drink a Monster Rehab 10 calories.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Um... how much sleep are you getting at night? And are you sure you're staying asleep (sleep disruption, apnea, etc.)? Are you watching lots of TV RIGHT before bed?

With tiredness, figuring out if your sleep is actually doing what it should is a good first step.
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Have your thyroid checked.
  • gabbygirl78
    Options
    Having this problem years ago, I have to say, being tired, coupled with very sleepy in an overweight person, have your doctor arrange to have you checked for sleep apnea. Most overweight people have it with out realizing it. Correcting it, makes a world of difference.

i do have sleep apnea... i have a CPAP & I still feel tired :frown:
  • mango924
    Options
    I would have your iron levels checked b/c I know when I used to be anemic, I was constantly tired. If that is not the reason, I agree with another poster that on days when you aren't active, you actually can feel more lethargic and tired than on days when you get your body moving, get your blood flowing and workout and are active. So, try adding some short walks into your day and some kind of strength training whether it be using your body weight with yoga or nautilus machines or light dummbell workout. Basically, get moving and be more active - get into this habit and see if this improves your level of energy. In terms of food - try incorporating quinoa into your diet. It's a complete protein, full of healthy nutrients and filling and gives me lots of energy. Try it cooked with sauteed veggies and olive oil and cottage cheese on top. best wishes
  • gabbygirl78
    Options
    How's your diet and calorie intake? Are you trying to undereat to lose faster - bad idea. Are you eating a lot of processed foods? I'm no clean eater but when I'm honest with myself, I have to admit that eating processed stuff is mostly a waste of calories because it just leaves me hungry and doesn't provide much energy. Are you drinking plenty of water?

Opening your diary might help us give more constructive advice.

I'm trying to stay as close to target without going over as I can... I'm usually 100-200 under my calorie goal every day . I force myself to drink plenty of water through out the day. It is horrible walking from my car to my office in the mornings.. I am exhausted by the time I get there!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    How's your diet and calorie intake? Are you trying to undereat to lose faster - bad idea. Are you eating a lot of processed foods? I'm no clean eater but when I'm honest with myself, I have to admit that eating processed stuff is mostly a waste of calories because it just leaves me hungry and doesn't provide much energy. Are you drinking plenty of water?

This was my first thought as well. We see way too many posts from people who've cut their calories too low for their activity level, which can cause vitamin deficiencies and just general sluggishness. How much are you eating and have you cut out any major food groups/macros?
  • Jerseygrrl
    Jerseygrrl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    You should definitely go to your physician to have your thyroid, iron level and blood sugar checked. And really talk to her / him about how you're feeling. Also, don't be afraid to share your food diary.

I was exhausted for years. No exaggeration. Years. Had all the standard blood tests, thyroid checked, etc.

Finally found something that works for me. It won't work for everyone. But it's worth talking to your doctor about it. I had too much yeast in my digestive system. I'm not a physician, so I can't explain the details. I now take a probiotic every night beore I go to bed. There's more to it than that, but too much for this post and not that interesting.

Definitely talk to your physician and be honest and in-depth about how you feel, what you've been doing, and what you've been taking in to your body.
  • gabbygirl78
    Options
    I would have your iron levels checked b/c I know when I used to be anemic, I was constantly tired. If that is not the reason, I agree with another poster that on days when you aren't active, you actually can feel more lethargic and tired than on days when you get your body moving, get your blood flowing and workout and are active. So, try adding some short walks into your day and some kind of strength training whether it be using your body weight with yoga or nautilus machines or light dummbell workout. Basically, get moving and be more active - get into this habit and see if this improves your level of energy. In terms of food - try incorporating quinoa into your diet. It's a complete protein, full of healthy nutrients and filling and gives me lots of energy. Try it cooked with sauteed veggies and olive oil and cottage cheese on top. best wishes

I saw this the other day at the grocery store and put it back because i didn't really know what to do with it lol... thanks!
  • ImSoOTired
    ImSoOTired Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I had to respond as I have been pretty tired myself. Hence the username.
    Have you had any issues with your thyroid? That is one thing that comes to mind when you say you need naps. Also anemia. I'd go and get your thyroid and iron checked out and consult your doctor.Sleep apnea can often make people feel very tired during the day as well. Are you depressed by any chance? There are so many things that can make you over tired during the day. As others have suggested you could buy a pregnancy test but you'd know better than any of us if that were even a possibility. Everyone is different but when I was pregnant I was tired but not that tired...

Vitamin B6 and B12 are good for energy and can be found in a lot of foods. But if you think you are getting enough sleep I would go to the doctor and get some tests. I hope you find the solution to your problem.
  • gabbygirl78
    Options
    :noway: oh my! That's awful!
    this happened to me & I found out I had lyme disease. Go get checked out by a doc.
  • brownheart
    Options
    I would have to know what you are eating. But i am going to take a wild guess and say too much sugar and/or wheat.
  • gabbygirl78
    Options
    Um... how much sleep are you getting at night? And are you sure you're staying asleep (sleep disruption, apnea, etc.)? Are you watching lots of TV RIGHT before bed?

With tiredness, figuring out if your sleep is actually doing what it should is a good first step.

It usually takes me a while to go to sleep but when I finally do I think I sleep pretty well.
  • gabbygirl78
    Options
    I would have to know what you are eating. But i am going to take a wild guess and say too much sugar and/or wheat.

I have opened my diary to public I try not to consume a lot of sugar, mostly just what is found in fruit and then I may have a treat from time to time. I do eat a lot of whole grains but I always have with no problem but maybe I have developed an intolerance or something
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options

This was my first thought as well. We see way too many posts from people who've cut their calories too low for their activity level, which can cause vitamin deficiencies and just general sluggishness. How much are you eating and have you cut out any major food groups/macros?

Ditto.

When I got started here, I cut my intake by a lot and started exercising. I was tired all the time. Once I increased my daily calorie goals, I wasn't as tired anymore. Make sure you're eating enough for your activity level. I also take super B complex vitamins.

If that, along with getting enough sleep, doesn't fix things, I'd suggest seeing a doctor just to make sure everything is working as it should.
  • gabbygirl78
    Options

Ditto.

When I got started here, I cut my intake by a lot and started exercising. I was tired all the time. Once I increased my daily calorie goals, I wasn't as tired anymore. Make sure you're eating enough for your activity level. I also take super B complex vitamins.

If that, along with getting enough sleep, doesn't fix things, I'd suggest seeing a doctor just to make sure everything is working as it should.

My food diary is open to Public now if you would like to look :smile:
  • jess135177
    jess135177 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're eating enough. When I first joined MFP I did the whole 1200 calorie thing and I was exhausted all the time. Also green tea helps!!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    booze.
    oh yeah
  • gabbygirl78
    Options
    booze.
    oh yeah

:laugh: :drinker: