How do you do it?

Options

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Commit to building consistency. I get up at 4 a.m. to work out most days. Once it's done, it's done and I can move on with my day.

This!^

Was your diet perfect when you started? No .... exercise is the same ..... start small .....but BUILD consistency.

Make a goal of working out for 1 hour this week. 6 X 10 minutes, 3 x 20 minutes ...whatever. As weeks go by, add minutes. Pretty soon you wan't have to "make" time ..... it will just be your regularly scheduled workout.

If you need accountability......write your workouts on a calendar (in a public place) .....track your time each week.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    NO. You do have the time. We all have 24 hrs a day. Simple, if you don't have time, organize yourself. If you have to much on your to do list, prioritize. That's all. You don't need to workout 3 hours a day. 30 mins or an hour will do.

But it's the Fall season and all the new channel lineups are starting?

That's why I work out at 6 AM
  • Vivian06703188
    Vivian06703188 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I'm disabled so in the beginning I didn't work out at all. I just adjusted my diet and I lost weight. Then I was still hungry and I wanted to eat more but the only way I could eat more was if I got up and moved. So I started doing little things. 10 minutes here 5 minutes there. I have worked it up to where the 10 min here and 5 minutes there usually adds up to between 30 to 60 minutes a day of exercise. I walk the dog, clean the house, garden not conventional exercise but it counts. I recently got a 3 pound weight so I could exercise my arms to get rid of the flab. I don't count that but I do several sets of repetitions while watching tv everyday. Rethink what you consider exercise.
  • Brutmar
    Options
    NO. You do have the time. We all have 24 hrs a day. Simple, if you don't have time, organize yourself. If you have to much on your to do list, prioritize. That's all. You don't need to workout 3 hours a day. 30 mins or an hour will do.

This.

I always told myself that I didn't have the time to work out. Then when I got serious (again) about losing weight, I looked at where my time goes. I found that I spent lots of time in the evening just hanging out with my husband. I ended up never exercising in the evenings, so instead I get up at 5 AM so I can get my workout in.

If it's something you want to do for yourself, you just have to find some time when you can do it. It's there, you may just have to move some things around.

Good luck!

This! I set my alarm for 0430, have a bit of coffee and get on the treamill at 0500 for an hour. It can be done.
  • _Krys10_
    _Krys10_ Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options

President Obama works out 3-4 times a week and im pretty sure he is busier than any of us.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA *falls out of chair laughing*

:laugh:
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    I've realized that if you don't make it a priority, it won't happen. Having a workout schedule calendar has helped, plus possibly cutting something out to make time for exercise. That could be working less hours or spending less time watching tv, you just have to want it and do it.
  • cdcooper321
    cdcooper321 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    You have to make the decision to do it,instead of thinking of all the reasons you "cant". I'm out of the house at work for around 12 hours every day. I come home around 630pm and cook dinner, do homework with my 5 year old while tending to my 1 year old. I workout every night after the kids are in bed. usually get started around 8:30-9:00 sometimes late depending. I hated it at first, and now im used to it. It's the only time I could make. YOU CAN DO IT! Make the CHOICE and make it happen!!!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    *sigh*
  • ILoveTheBrowns
    ILoveTheBrowns Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    im wifeless and kidless.......its all i have to do.....haha
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options

I read that as wireless and kindleless.
  • missleesha88
    Options
    excellent attitude!!

i put my treadmill and yoga matt in front of my TV instead of a couch . so if i wanna chill and watch breaking bad ...well then ill have to be sweating and moving too. no excuses
  • ILoveTheBrowns
    ILoveTheBrowns Posts: 661 Member
    Options

I read that as wireless and kindleless.

hahahahahahahaha
  • NikiChicken
    NikiChicken Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Organize, organize, organize.

I work out early in the morning before work and before anyone else is awake. I plan all my meals ahead of time. I *make* time to do it. If I don't take care of myself, nobody else will and what good is it going to do if I end up fat and sick and lose my health?

I also have a 3rd grade son involved in several extra curricular activities, I am the caretaker for my disabled husband and I have a full time job. Being busy is not an excuse to not take care of myself, even though I let it be an excuse for far too long.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options

All about priorities...and every time you want to use "time" as an excuse, just remember...

tumblr_me5h1eVG8f1rljgioo1_500.png
  • Sarge516
    Sarge516 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    If it's important to you, you'll find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse.
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Prepare your meals in advance as much as possible. It's easier to cook for one hour a week than it is to cook for 20 minutes a day.
  • rosemary98
    Options
    I completely relate to your question. Logically, i know i have time, but I don't make it a priority. I am much more food and calorie focused. I do get a few walks in a week, but that isn't truly exercising.

I get up at 5:40 in the morning, get ready for work, bring my baby to daycare, drive to work, eat at work (breakfast and lunch), don't leave the office typically, pick up baby from daycare at 5:30, get home, feed baby, (feed myself), wash baby, put baby to bed, clean house. It is now 7:30. At this point, I can't exactly go to the gym with my baby asleep, but i could do a workout at home. what i choose to do is have an hour of downtime and go to bed...because in just a few hours...i will be tending to the baby.

So, I guess I don't make exercise a priority. I know i have to figure out a way to get exercise in.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Schedule exercise on your calendar like you would any other appointment. Then keep it !! One thing I find helpful is to change into my exercise clothes as soon as I get home. This helps get me out the door.
  • sugafreak
    sugafreak Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Jillian Michael's 6 week 6 pack and workout as soon as I get in from work before all the distractions start. I'm not a morning person so that's out and if I was to leave it til the evening it wouldn't happen. It's just a matter of fitting it into your busy schedule, good luck! :smile:
  • mdhummel
    mdhummel Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Getting fit is a full time job, but if you manage your time wisely you can do it! At first it was a bit overwhelming: shopping for healthy foods, researching healthy recipes, cooking healthy meals, packing lunches and snacks for work, exercising, and extra laundry from my workout clothes, but it gets easier. I started cooking in bulk and freezing my meals so that I can take care most of my meal prep on the weekend. I'm not afraid to ask for help and I have gotten my husband to pitch in with more of the chores.

I try to make time to work out 4 times a week. Even if I just squeeze a quick run on the treadmill it is better than nothing at all. My favorite quick workout: Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. 25 minutes and it kicks my butt!!!

If it was easy everyone would do it!!! Every time I step on the scale I know the sacrifice I am making is worth it!