The McDouble Down

Options

Replies

• Sunshine_Kubes
    Options
    I see.. regardless, it looks amazing! Much better then the Mcgangbang, which I just saw a picture of...
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Gonna have to try this, looks good. Thx!
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I'll see your McDouble Down and raise a Big McChicken!
    big-mcchicken.jpg

Shut-up-and-take-my-money_zps32570e2b.jpeg
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I think it is hilarious that you put a salad with this!! Why bother at that point LOL!
    Good for you though, you should trademark this before McDonalds does.

Salad is never pointless. Gosh, do you not eat your veggies? SHAME!

I do eat my veggies and all the time. But just because you put those next to the big mac does not negate the fact that the big mac isn't the healthiest choice.
    I'm not knocking the guy, people have to learn to take things with a grain of salt.

Nothing unhealthy about it, at all. Not sure you quite understand the topic.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I think you should make it yourself at home.

Actually, maybe I will. That'd be awesome.

Edit: For taste, I mean. Not for trying to get rid of whatever chemicals are in McDonald's food that we should all be terrified of or whatever.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I think it is hilarious that you put a salad with this!! Why bother at that point LOL!

I do eat my veggies and all the time. But just because you put those next to the big mac does not negate the fact that the big mac isn't the healthiest choice.
    I'm not knocking the guy, people have to learn to take things with a grain of salt.

Nothing unhealthy about it, at all. Not sure you quite understand the topic.

Agreed.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Isn't that the McGang Bang?

The Mcgangbang includes the buns, and is carbalicious. This does not, and is pro-tastic.

PRO-TASTIC...love it :drinker:
  • mheebner
    mheebner Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Oh I am so IN on this.....
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

WHOOSHHHH (Is the sound of things going over your head)
  • laurahamm96
    laurahamm96 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    This whole thread made me hungry.
  • seniorbug2003
    seniorbug2003 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    sounds so good. I will try to fit one in soon.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Make your own at home, save the chemicals and additives in the 'meat'

This took longer than I expected. Que the very far from goal, anti-chemical, clean-eater crowd.
  • doowop713
    doowop713 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Thank. You. Thank you.

& Only 570 cals? With THAT much protein? I love it. I need it. Maybe I'll have it for dinner!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options

The Mcgangbang includes the buns, and is carbalicious. This does not, and is pro-tastic.

But it is not pro-tastic, only 25% protein (36*4/570), I would expect something that is that much meat to be a minimum of 40%. If you used "real" chicken it would probably be in the 40-50% range
  • jonnythan
    Options

But it is not pro-tastic, only 25% protein (36*4/570), I would expect something that is that much meat to be a minimum of 40%. If you used "real" chicken it would probably be in the 40-50% range

Not if you fried the chicken. We're talking about ground beef and battered fried chicken here - these items have relatively high levels of fat. The McChicken by itself is only about 15% calories from protein and the McDouble 23%. This is over 26% and you still get the deep fried chicken goodness.

Besides, it's delicious. Today I will be having the McDouble Down, Round 2: Bacon Ranch Edition.
  • SezxyStef
    Options
    I wonder if choosing the Grilled chicken would make it more Pro-tastic...albeit harder to hold but still...

ETA: my 19 year old man child asked me how I knew what a McGangbang was this morning...I had to laugh when I told him from the website I joined...he's like isn't that about losing weight....:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I wonder if choosing the Grilled chicken would make it more Pro-tastic...albeit harder to hold but still...

Waaaay more Pro-tastic due to lower fat and more protein
  • jonnythan
    Options

ETA: my 19 year old man child asked me how I knew what a McGangbang was this morning...I had to laugh when I told him from the website I joined...he's like isn't that about losing weight....:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hah!

Yeah, grilled chicken would almost double the protein content. The problems are that it won't taste as good, it will be messier, and it will cost $9 instead of $3.
  • SezxyStef
    Options

Hah!

Yeah, grilled chicken would almost double the protein content. The problems are that it won't taste as good, it will be messier, and it will cost $9 instead of $3.

One grilled one deep fried???? besides you are adding in bacon today.
  • jonnythan
    Options

Waaaay more Pro-tastic due to lower fat and more protein

Two scoops of whey is waaaaay more pro-tastic than any of this. So is grilled chicken all by itself.

These things are not the McDouble Down, though.

Maybe if I'm feeling adventurous one day I'll order a pair of the premium crispy chicken sandwiches and use those. That'll be 730 calories, 50g protein.