1235»

Replies

• srsly
    srsly Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Level 1 Day 1 = completed. Rough!
  • Lexus1920
    Options
    Completed Day 5 of Level 1 today. It is still hard but much better than the first few days. I only had to stop once to catch my breath this time and I still do modified pushups. I hurt my shoulder over a year ago when I thought I wanted to do the shred. I quit after that injury but my shoulder has not been the same.

Looking back to Day 1, I took a lot of breaks and the 20 minute workout took me 45 minutes. I can now do it in about 25 minutes! Still working on my diet. I have mfp set at 1200 calories but I tend to eat about 1500 calories. Going on vacation in 20 days. While I know it isn't realistic to lose a lot within 20 days, I am giving it my best shot....I am such a procrastinator. The pressure is on!!!

Let's Shred!!!
  • KCHernandez1981
    KCHernandez1981 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    What helped with my knee pain was some knee strenghtening videos i found on youtube...
  • newnosipho
    newnosipho Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Day 8 level 1 finished this morning! My ankle was still a bit tender yesterday, so I took a rest day. I think I'm ready to move on to heavier weights now. I'll try 2.5 kg(5.5 lbs) dumbells tomorrow
  • Hayaa79
    Hayaa79 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    i am on Level2 day 1
  • shaqkhi
    shaqkhi Posts: 11
    Options
    Thank you...starting today ...my knees were hurting terribly ...and was bait depressed about how much I'm (not) loosing after I have reduced my calories to 1200 per day and I'm always under..
  • NicNac86
    NicNac86 Posts: 130
    Options
    Coincidence, I started up 30DS myself on Sunday. Can I join? :)

So today will be Day 3 level 1.
  • srsly
    Options
    Hopefully day 2 will be easier. My legs are killing today!!
  • srsly
    Options
    Thank you...starting today ...my knees were hurting terribly ...and was bait depressed about how much I'm (not) loosing after I have reduced my calories to 1200 per day and I'm always under..

Have you taken measurements? It's possible to lose inches and not pounds. What's the mirror telling you? Don't let the scale dictate your success/happiness.
  • Care76
    Care76 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    What helped with my knee pain was some knee strenghtening videos i found on youtube...

Thanks! I will try some. My dad freaked me out because he has bad knees and told me I could have bone on bone and be doing damage to my knees. In going to the doctor just to make sure I am not. Even after a days rest they are not better they are worse and I can hardly get up from sitting or get up and down the stairs.
  • shaqkhi
    Options
    Finished level 1 day one ...had to break it up into 2 parts...it was tough but I did...it
  • shaqkhi
    Options

Thanks! I will try some. My dad freaked me out because he has bad knees and told me I could have bone on bone and be doing damage to my knees. In going to the doctor just to make sure I am not. Even after a days rest they are not better they are worse and I can hardly get up from sitting or get up and down the stairs.

My knees were terrible yesterday but I was because I overdid it running ...so I had to stop at the jumping jacks...but after the rest yesterday ...it's much better...though it feels a little loose in the socket when walking down inclines and when bending really low.

Hope yours gets better,
  • Sweettart
    Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
  • lisal11
    lisal11 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join, on day 7 right now. Though, I injured my calf this morning so I might end up doing an extra long phase 1 while I recover!
  • katrat13
    katrat13 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 2 of level 1, but I would like to join!
  • colleenreid4
    colleenreid4 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I was using 3lbs, but I think 5lbs would be better. Though I am pretty sure my arms will be like jelly by the end of the video, on some of those exercises! :)
  • toscarthearmada
    toscarthearmada Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I started a 30 Day Shred group with some amazing ladies today for the 30 Day Shred. Would love to have more members join!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/16845-october-2013-30-day-shred-challenge
  • Imperfect_Angel
    Imperfect_Angel Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I started 30DS yesterday but 5 minutes in I just couldn't do it. I'll attempt again today but I'm struggling. I'm using 5lbs weights. Hope it's not too late to join in..
  • StepAwayFromTheCupcake
    Options
    Just did day 1 level 2 with 5lb weights, Arms are like jelly but I'm feeling good! I have a wedding to go to on the 19th so hopefully I lose a few inches by then :)