Replies

• SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Wendy's?
  • BigCed77024
    BigCed77024 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    I am a Christian (believe it or not) but I am not the type to actually distance myself or segregate myself from others. Do people really still do this?

Its not called my Christian pal. There are people from all over the world who are trying to lose weight. Some are Christian and some are not. Its ok to friend a non-Christian.
  • RekindledRose
    RekindledRose Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    i believe Jesus Christ died for my sins and i strive to be a christian but still have not yet earned that title, iam a work in progress on that front , we are not perfect just forgiven

Romans 5:8

Heh, you can't 'earn' your way to being a Christian, silly! You're a saint as soon as you accept Jesus as your savior, and you're a work in progress all your life.

Okay, I'm out before this thread gets closed because I just offended someone...lol!
  • RockinTerri
    RockinTerri Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Right here! Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    You can add me but I tend to be a little bit more liberal than most Christians... and somewhere between agnostic and struggling.

I am not a Christian, but I do believe that Jesus was a liberal. :D

(and before the hate mail - my bases are covered, and I live my life as a good and giving and caring person and have nothing against honest Christians)
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    I am a Christian (believe it or not) but I am not the type to actually distance myself or segregate myself from others. Do people really still do this?

Its not called my Christian pal. There are people from all over the world who are trying to lose weight. Some are Christian and some are not. Its ok to friend a non-Christian.

He and the guy quoting Romans said it better than I could.

Fellowship is important. But it can go too far. We are to be in the world not of the world. And also to pray in our quiet places and not on the street corners as the hypocrites do, as they've already received their reward.

So I don't tend to segregate myself into Christian only areas. You'll find lots of folks out here in the regular mfp world worth getting to know too.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    some of them are in the Christian groups

some of them are overtly in the main groups

some of them are guiltily hanging out in the bang, smash, pass, lick, hit threads.. testing their ability to resist temptation.
    many fail.
    be wary.

oh, and many start off having their profile as "committed christian, my wife/husband and kids are my life, but working on becoming fit" and sadly that often morphs into "working on becoming fit, and I flirt alot".
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    some of them are in the Christian groups

some of them are overtly in the main groups

some of them are guiltily hanging out in the bang, smash, pass, lick, hit threads.. testing their ability to resist temptation.
    many fail.
    be wary.

oh, and many start off having their profile as "committed christian, my wife/husband and kids are my life, but working on becoming fit" and sadly that often morphs into "working on becoming fit, and I flirt alot".

9/10 Would bang.
  • calliekitten9
    calliekitten9 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I am. :)
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    i believe Jesus Christ died for my sins and i strive to be a christian but still have not yet earned that title, iam a work in progress on that front , we are not perfect just forgiven

Heh, you can't 'earn' your way to being a Christian, silly! You're a saint as soon as you accept Jesus as your savior, and you're a work in progress all your life.

Okay, I'm out before this thread gets closed because I just offended someone...lol!

Actually, it depends on what sort of Christian you are! :) Isn't religion fun?
  • Nissi51
    Nissi51 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Checking in! Christ follower here
  • rz682902
    rz682902 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yep! Christ follower here too. I'm new and I need friends!!!
  • CharleePear
    CharleePear Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    I love Jesus, I love Papa God, I love the Rolling Holy Ghost, but I am not happy with being labeled as Christian. I don't want to be lumped in with the rule followers and religious. I like to shake things up a bit and say, wow the bible isn't infallible and what does that mean, or God forbid, hang out with metalheads and druggies. I am here to lose weight, not to be in a political party or religious group. But I came on here to see if there were other "Christians' like myself.
  • CharleePear
    CharleePear Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options

You don't strive to accept that Christ died for you...you don't need to strive to be one with Him, you already are! It's no longer you but Christ who lives in you. You are not a sinner saved by grace you are a Saint
  • lambchoplewis
    Options
    We are here - I am letting the Holy Spirit use his motivation to give me patience and self-control. I pray every day for His Spirit to stay with me in this journey.
  • JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    is it because you don't have the individual confidence in yourself to achieve a goal or have success? God for weightloss... reminds me of my high school 'friend' whose mother had chemotherapy and was cured of cancer, all thanks to God of course. Or the patients another American friend's dad does emergency surgery on, and who survive 'thanks to God'.

Look in yourself and discover your potential! :flowerforyou:
  • Charocheris
    Charocheris Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for posting all the links I have just about joined all the groups as i need to be around others who are hot-pressed to move into a healthier life style :-)
  • Charocheris
    Options
    if looking to ourselves for potential was enough then we definitely wouldn't need outside help, ie websites such as my fitness pal wouldn't exist. my fitness pal does not have all the answers, a lot of people go through thing where you literally come to the end of yourself, you have tried everything and God is there to help. I tried for over four years to lose weight using my own potential. It wasn't until I was able to meditate on bible scriptures in Christ which set me in the right frame of mind which caused me to let go of my past failures that I was successful.

5-12 Trust God from the bottom of your heart;
    don’t try to figure out everything on your own.
    Listen for God’s voice in everything you do, everywhere you go;
    He’s the one who will keep you on track

Proverbs 3:5-12
  • Charocheris
    Options
    hi! :-)
  • AnotherXFitGuy
    AnotherXFitGuy Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Here's another!
This discussion has been closed.