Some1 that has/had cancer would like share a run with me? #2

Options
Chieflrg
Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
Hi everyone! I hope everybody has had a incredible summer this year!

I haven't been able to run much this summer due to health issues with a joint disease. Although I've been feeling better the last couple weeks. Which is a perfect ending to my summer and beginning of fall. smile

Almost six months ago I did a weekend cancer run.
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/957255-someone-that-has-had-cancer-that-would-share-a-run-with-me

As a three year survivor myself, my soul tells me now is time for another.

On Sat, Oct 12th, I will be running a half marathon for all those that have succumbed to this terrible disease.

On the following day Sun, Oct 13th, I will honor those still in the fight with a never give up half marathon on that day as well.

Once again I will be carrying the names of people in my life and would be honored to carry the name(s) of the people and/or loved ones that have been diagnosed in your life along with me. I would love for them to share this run with me through one of the beautiful state parks in my area.

Please post/message me with any name(s) if that is something you would like also.

Much love...

Replies

• bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Wow God bless you. I just lost my brother on July 8, 2013 from colon cancer. Thank you for doing this.:heart:
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    You my friend are amazing! Thank you for doing this - please carry Kristene Heyer (breast cancer '10) and Nikki Steinman and Lou Davis (Lung Cancer '13 and '12) with you

:heart: you have a beautiful soul!
  • Chieflrg
    Options
    *Update*

My seventeen year old buddy who was diagnosed with bone cancer who has had over 30 surgeries in the past couple years is recovering from having his leg amputated from the hip down. He is dong fine, and seems okay with his decision to stop the attempt to save the leg.

His name will be at the top of my list on Saturday, and will be with me in my heart.

Get well Kevo!!!

Much love...
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Kudos to you!
    This past weekend I completed my second Avon Walk for Breast cancer.
    It is a wonderful thing youre doing!

Irene MacEwen (cancer 1970)
    Carole Stephens (breast cancer 2011)
  • dcarr67
    dcarr67 Posts: 1,403
    Options
    This is a very neat thing to do. Next month will be my 2 years since I was diagnosed with cancer. Good luck!!!
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    My cousins beautiful 4 year old daughter Olivia lost her battle in January of 2012. It was absolutely heartbreaking for the family. I also have my Aunt Jennifer who is currently battling and fighting a damn hard fight. I love that you are doing this. This is amazing.
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    this sounds like a really cool idea
  • bohica36
    bohica36 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    You are awesome! How did it go?
  • Chieflrg
    Options
    You are awesome! How did it go?
    I'm running them this Saturday/Sunday.
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    will be with you in spirit chief
  • Chieflrg
    Options
    Thinking about streaming both runs "live" on runtastic's website. Never did it before, but might be nice...
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    yes!!
  • bohica36
    bohica36 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Oops, I guess I need to work on my attention span.

I would appreciate it if you would take my 11 year old nephew's name with you.

Jeffrey - malt lymphoma tumor removed when he was 9. Currently under observation for another one.

Thank you.
  • Chieflrg
    Options
    Jeffrey is added. If you can PM me a pic of him, I would love it. The kids inspire me to no end.
  • missyj1115
    missyj1115 Posts: 1,220 Member
    Options
    Thinking about streaming both runs "live" on runtastic's website. Never did it before, but might be nice...

YES YES YES LANNY DO THIS!!!!!
  • Chieflrg
    Options
    I think I will Missy, but might have to do it through my profile page as I don't want to infringe on the "no advertising" rule. You should be able to click a few different cheers on the site that will go directly to me through my phone.
  • missyj1115
    missyj1115 Posts: 1,220 Member
    Options
    I think I will Missy, but might have to do it through my profile page as I don't want to infringe on the "no advertising" rule. You should be able to click a few different cheers on the site that will go directly to me through my phone.

WAY COOL!!! Keep me posted on how to do this please!
  • csaul777
    csaul777 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    What a great thing you are doing! I am an 8 year survivor if you would like to add my name to your list (Cheryl Saul). I had Hodgkin's Lymphoma in 2005. I am going to join Team in Training through LLS and either run a half-marathon or do a tri in 2010 to celebrate 10 years of being cancer free.

Best of luck to you and I can't wait to hear how the runs went!!
  • Chieflrg
    Options
    Got it Cheryl. Congrats on 10 years.

Today was a good day. Spent some time with 17 year old Kevin. Who is now home after deciding to have his leg amputated after many many surgeries. Sorry the picture is blurry. He is the one of my huge inspirations to run this weekend.
    f2fe4b1c-0b6f-4ace-af2b-23c9ca75d601_zps259124c2.jpg
    I'm going to try to get out and start by 8am central time at the very latest. I will check in before I leave to see if any new names are added.

Night to ever1 and much love...

Lanny
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Would you mind adding my grandfather Own? He died in 2006 of lung cancer. Thank you so much <3