Some1 that has/had cancer would like share a run with me? #2

Options

Replies

• dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    I have been doing the same. Thank you for running for others!
  • PeanutButterLuver
    Options
    Lanny,

You are such a beautiful soul!

Thinking of you and the loved ones running along side this weekend.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Thanks for running for others as well dsjohndrow. :)
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    bump thank you so much
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    If you want to add me to the list I'd love it. I was diagnosed with head and neck cancer (specifically my tongue) on June 14, had surgery on July 8 (yay for negative margins and negative lymph nodes!!), and my last radiation treatment is this coming Monday. Radiation has been hell on my mouth to say the least and I can't tell you how much I am looking forward to getting my last treatment behind me and heading into recovery mode.
  • gentlebreeze2
    gentlebreeze2 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Kudos to you for your attitude and being a survivor. In December I will be a 2 year survivor.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    This is a lovely thing that you do. ~smiles~ My husband lives with a form of leukemia, it's been under control for around ten years now.
  • MstngSammy
    MstngSammy Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I commend you! My grandmother and mother died of brain cancer (started in the lungs). I think it's awesome, what you're doing.

I am a beginner in running and I'm working toward being able to do runs like this:smile:
  • tymberh
    tymberh Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Myself,
    My name is Tymber and I'm 18 ( almost 19 yay!) I was diagnosed with brain cancer a year ago! <3 Thank you for doing this!!
  • Chieflrg
    Options
    Pre-run bump for last minute names of remembrance.
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    My BFF Cindy Jean died of the same cancer I had. She was with me in spirit when I went thru it. I had to drive past her gravesite every time I went to physical therapy, and I couldn't give up. I will always love her.

Thank you Chief.
  • MoochieRama
    MoochieRama Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Cami, Debbie, Jenna, Joyce, Sally, Arti, Allie, and all of the bone marrow transplant patients at Baylor in Dallas,tx whose names I can't remember.
  • Chieflrg
    Options
    The remembrance run has been finished. I had 50 people on my list that ran besides me. It was a gorgeous day to share the run.

I thank you all for giving me the honor to carry the names of those that we love & miss every day. I also appreciate the support and kind words that you have given.

I captured just a few of the memories in the photos below.

It took two hours & thirteen minutes to complete.

I will check in by 7am central tomorrow morning before the "Never Give Up" run to add any last minute names.

Much love...

d6a723e2-f976-43b9-b3b8-4605cd17a143_zps82cadc60.jpg
    remembrancerunSat015_zps334f899b.jpg
    remembrancerunSat020_zps99f6e18b.jpg
    c357105e-0584-4a43-9ade-f1d1e2b9a789_zpsf43e56ab.jpg
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    :cry: Well done Chief. Well done.
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    congratulations on a fabulous job
  • christa96
    christa96 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Simply inspiring. :flowerforyou:
  • dcarr67
    dcarr67 Posts: 1,403
    Options
    Awesome job!!!!!!! Thanks for everyone
  • PeanutButterLuver
    Options
    Great pics, Lanny.

Good luck again tomorrow. xox
  • ajharries
    ajharries Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    All the very best! So much respect.
  • missyj1115
    missyj1115 Posts: 1,220 Member
    Options
    Beautiful pictures Lanny!! I have looked forward to seeing them, the sunrise incredible, fisherman & canoe pic ( I can't explain it kinda like not being able to find the right words) there is just something about those that make my heart happy and a huge smile to my face, YOU well INSPIRATION and as ajharries said RESPECT written all over that one! I love the way you captured your run, wish you well on tomorrows and excitedly waiting for tomorrows pics as well! I was unable to view Kevin's picture but he is so very blessed to have you in his life as am I!!!

Much Love my dearest friend,
    Melissa